TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another 40th for sale???

Well guys, I'm thinking again about putting my 40th up for sale. She's a garage queen with 8,000 miles and approximately 1000 of those miles are post conversion. The only other mod is a FRRP short shifter.

I think GT500 FLYBOY will attest to the quality of my car.

Anyway, I welcome your thoughts on everything from pricing to you name it.

Regards,

1FST ASP

I'm sorry to here you're considering getting rid of your 40th. I think our cars are very speical and with the 45th (If there is one) due out next year, will make them even more special. I would try to wait and hang in there just one more year. Things will get better from this point before they get worse. I made a huge mistake once before with a car and told myself it's not going to happen with the 40th. Good luck and only you know what is the right thing to do.

I've tried on a few occasions to sell mine. I started at $49k, then $47k, $46k, and it is now on ebay this week at $45k. What I have found is most people have now idea about the car. They think it should be priced like any other 07 GT500.

I need to cycle my toys, so I have to sell this one before buying something new.

I have looked into trading for a Z06 and have been offered $43k - $46k on trade-in.

Until it sells, I'll keep on driving it and loving every minute. It's a blast to drive!

Good luck.

Jon

People buy cars for different reasons and you are right most don't appreciate what a 40th is. I bought mine to be part of the Shelby heritage and to hand down to my son in a few years. The only other Shelby that would fit this purpose is the KR or Barrett Jackson SGT. Not sure about the GT350. Everything has a purpose, its what you make out of it, if its a Z06 than go with it and enjoy. We will miss you Dr. Jon and what will Corbafan do without you at Mid America?

Archived