TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealers

SteveR

Can anyone advise how I can find out what dealers in Missouri are participating in the Shelby program. My reason for asking is I spoke with one of the big dealers in St. Louis (about 5 weeks ago), they had their alloted car and were in the process of ordering. I did not like the price I was quoted so I contacted a second dealer (about a week after the first) I knew sold them and they told me they had not been told what their allotment would be. I called the second dealer late last week and they still had not heard anything but said they had been given a delivery date on the new 5.0's.

Does Ford allot Shelby's based on the volume of sales? Quite frankly I'm getting tired of dealing with it and searching.

Any help greatly appreciated

I bought mine thru Michael Morris, and hes recently said allotments are slowr this year.I think the way it works is the dealer has to sign up as a Shelby dealer, which i think is a 2year deal costing like $2500--then they get an allotment.After that their allotments are based on what they sold last year--allotmenst cahneg during the year as well based on sales--ithing Mchale atsrted out with 2 and wound up with 6,and will sell over 10

Bring back SVT dealers and problem solved!

Make it so only SVT dealers can sell them, just like the good ol days, prior to 2005 lol

Yes it will be better and then you know that the guys know what they are talking when they want to sell you a Car.

It does suck that we are in the 5th model year of the GT500 and most dealers are still complete pricks about it and make it hard to buy.

I actually enjoyed messing with the "pricks" shopping for the GT500........... :hysterical:

It was an adventure test driving 3 of them and watching their veins pop when I

would not get succer punched...................Finally got exactly the car I wanted on

Factory Order................ :happy feet:

Quite frankly I'm getting tired of dealing with it and searching.

To be even more frank, this is why I have given up on this car, for the most part.

The dealers in NY are obnoxious, obviously believing they are selling the finest car ever made. Go into a dealer and they will tell you that its a rare car and thus, worth the $10,000 mark-up they are asking.

Come on guys, it's already a god-damned $60,000 Mustang! Start marking it up, and suddenly I can start looking at a lot of other--"better"-- cars for that money.

Ford is only helping them with this game of "guess the allotment." Allotment? For a Mustang? In this economy? Really?

Bah, I can only hope that GM does not pull the same crap with the Z28. I am sure that the local dealers will mark them up, but if there is no artifical cap on production, some smart dealer will deal.

And at that point, Ford will have lost a sale. Perhaps Ford does not care, but 25 years ago, GM did not care either. And look where GM is now.

I understand supply and demand, applaud Capitalism and I don't blame Ford for trying to make a buck... we would all do it if we could regardless of what it is. With that said I'd just like for Ford to release to all the participating dealers the allotment at the same time.

I looked at the Camaro SS and I didn't think it was a very well thought out car as far as field of view. Being a Police Officer I can tell you that when driving the less blind spots you have the better off you are, I think most of us know that. With that said I make a lot of decisions based on politics... I know, I shouldn't let that enter into my decision but Ford did not take any of the bailout money therefore GM/Chrysler is no longer an option and to be honest Ford makes a better looking, tighter car.

I know where there are 2 2010's set up the way I want but I don't want to pay the gas guzzler tax. So my options are limited, probably be better off just finding a used Z06 Vette and be done with it.

Yes it will be better and then you know that the guys know what they are talking when they want to sell you a Car.

LOL, trust me just because they were an SVT dealer didn't mean the sales staff was any smarter.

I have a 2011 Built. (I have pictures of it to prove it!!!)

I have 2 10 GT500 Coupes and 1 10 GT500 Vert. If I have one on the lot that you are interested in I would give you a SMOKING deal.

I dont know if you interested in the 11. Silver Coupe, Glass Roof, SVT package, Electronics Package and Car Cover. I will take MSRP for the car

Im like most dealers and have NO idea how many GT500s Im going to get. I had 6 allocations last year plus all the cars I bought from other dealers. I have asked 3 folks in Ford about allocation and havent heard anything yet

MM

I have 2 10 GT500 Coupes and 1 10 GT500 Vert. If I have one on the lot that you are interested in I would give you a SMOKING deal.

I dont know if you interested in the 11. Silver Coupe, Glass Roof, SVT package, Electronics Package and Car Cover. I will take MSRP for the car

Im like most dealers and have NO idea how many GT500s Im going to get. I had 6 allocations last year plus all the cars I bought from other dealers. I have asked 3 folks in Ford about allocation and havent heard anything yet

MM

Mr. Morris, the 11 you have is the color I want as long as it has the wide black stripes but I do not want the SVT package. I'm trying to keep the cost do as low as possible. Probably the only add on I'll have is the HID headlights. As far as the 10's go the gas guzzler tax is what I'm trying to avoid... even if you gave me the best deal of the century the Government would still get money they don't have a right too.

As far as the dealer not knowing how many cars they'll be allocated, my problem is one dealer ordered his 5/6 weeks ago and the other said they haven't even received their allocation (as of 2 weeks ago) and its now April. Do you know of a site that lists the dealers participating in the Shelby program?

Thanks

Ford is making a 2011 Bullit? When was this announced?

And what, exactly is a smokin' deal on the 2010 vert? And what color is it?

Michael meant that he has a 2011 GT500 with the SVT package BUILT.

SGT is correct. I meant what I typed. I typed BUILT. :hysterical:

I think this is the first time I spelled something correctly!!! :hysterical:

It is Torch Red with Satin Stripes. Electronics Package, HIDs, and car cover.

I will sell it for 500 OVER INVOICE!!!!!

MM

Mr. Morris, the 11 you have is the color I want as long as it has the wide black stripes but I do not want the SVT package. I'm trying to keep the cost do as low as possible. Probably the only add on I'll have is the HID headlights. As far as the 10's go the gas guzzler tax is what I'm trying to avoid... even if you gave me the best deal of the century the Government would still get money they don't have a right too.

As far as the dealer not knowing how many cars they'll be allocated, my problem is one dealer ordered his 5/6 weeks ago and the other said they haven't even received their allocation (as of 2 weeks ago) and its now April. Do you know of a site that lists the dealers participating in the Shelby program?

Thanks

The car is the opposite of keeping the cost low! It has EVERYTHING you can order on a GT500! SVT Pack, Electronics Pack, Car Cover. HIDs are standard this year.

Theres not a list of dealers particpating in the program. I just talked to our zone rep and she said that I might only get ONE car this year??

Ford is NOT telling (at least us small dealers) how many we might get. I wont sell a car unless I KNOW I have allocation for it!!!

Kinda puts me in a bid

MM

SGT is correct. I meant what I typed. I typed BUILT. :hysterical:

I think this is the first time I spelled something correctly!!! :hysterical:

It is Torch Red with Satin Stripes. Electronics Package, HIDs, and car cover.

I will sell it for 500 OVER INVOICE!!!!!

MM

Where is it located? How many miles on it?

Why? Customers can't drive 15 miles?

They might can! I never asked them.

We have to drive the cars when we PDI them. I drive EVERY GT500 that comes in. Since I have owned one and I know what they can do I turn the supercharger on. I dont let anyone else drive a GT500.

I dont want to sell someone a car and the supercharger not turned on. What if it DIDNT come on when it was supposed to? Thats why we TEST drive on the PDI.

You wouldnt buy a car with 15 miles on it?

MM

Making the Supercharger come alive for the first time in my Factory Ordered

Car was a big deal to me..................... :happy feet:

I agree, but I dont want to ship a car across the country or OUT of the country and find out something was wrong with the Supercharger! TO LATE!

I have only deliverd TWO cars locally. The first car was Mike Mullis at TS member. He drove and I rode up the road with him and turned on the supercharger. The second I brought in from another dealer and it was already turned on.

I bought my car and the supercharger was already turned on, but I asked them to do it when they drove the car to SA

MM

• 2 weeks later...

Placed my order today, got it for $500 under sticker. Only thing I'm not happy about is the deposit I'm putting on it but I understand it since this car was the one Ford allotted them and they had it set up different.

They might can! I never asked them.

We have to drive the cars when we PDI them. I drive EVERY GT500 that comes in. Since I have owned one and I know what they can do I turn the supercharger on. I dont let anyone else drive a GT500.

I dont want to sell someone a car and the supercharger not turned on. What if it DIDNT come on when it was supposed to? Thats why we TEST drive on the PDI.

You wouldnt buy a car with 15 miles on it?

MM

I am confused Turned on?

You mean you can turn it off or testing to make sure it Kicks On

Sarge

post-26635-127090707982_thumb.jpg

post-26635-127090707982_thumb.jpg

Archived