TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang Racing

JameyJasta

Hi, I made this account today, and I grew up around cars, but I never really understood much till I started picking up Modified Mustangs and Muscle Mustangs. I love the '05 and up Shelby GT500s. Can anyone give me an estimate on how much it would cost to buy one ( standard of course ) with a Whipple Supercharger, Cervini cosmetic upgrade, and BlowByRacing complete engine overhaul? I plan on getting into the whole Mustang racing scene as I love the sound they produce and how fast they can go. Please help me?

^Stick around here for a bit before putting a down payment on anything and do as much research as possible.

The GT500 doesn't need a built engine for 99% of applications. Also, a Whipple isn't necessary for most drivers either. A pulley and a tune go a long way on the new Cobras.

Good luck.

^Stick around here for a bit before putting a down payment on anything and do as much research as possible.

The GT500 doesn't need a built engine for 99% of applications. Also, a Whipple isn't necessary for most drivers either. A pulley and a tune go a long way on the new Cobras.

Good luck.

Ohhh. haha, I am just used to everyone telling me you need a supercharger and a whole bunch of other modifications to race on the track to shave off a few .seconds. I live in Florida atm but after hs, I am moving to New York to attend a mechanics school. I intend to race and everything, but my biggest question is, is it even possible to obtain a Cervini C500 series? I know I read an article were they kept it in the spirits of Carrol Shelby and only produced 500 of the kits. Would you happen to know?

Ohhh. haha, I am just used to everyone telling me you need a supercharger and a whole bunch of other modifications to race on the track to shave off a few .seconds. I live in Florida atm but after hs, I am moving to New York to attend a mechanics school. I intend to race and everything, but my biggest question is, is it even possible to obtain a Cervini C500 series? I know I read an article were they kept it in the spirits of Carrol Shelby and only produced 500 of the kits. Would you happen to know?

Sounds like you want a regular mustang GT with the Cervini kit. Not a GT500. That would be most likely more affordable for you to. Look on Ebay or Auto Trader or one of those sites you might have luck there.

Archived