TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strange Problem Just Popped Up

lawdude

Yesterday and today, when I turned on my headlights at dusk, only the passenger side headlight came on. When I turned the lights off and back on, both lights came on.

I have not done anything to electrical. The only thing I can think of is that, while changing the plugs, I removed and reinstalled the pipe on the CAI. I don't know enough about the car to know whether there is some connection on that side of the engine compartment that I could have jostled.

Any help, suggestions appreciated.

Like said before check to see if everything is on right. If you cant figure it out talk it back to your dealer. It will be covered under you warranty. You dont have to worry about your warranty and that fact that you have installed a aftermarket intake. They have to prove without a doubt that the aftermarket item is the cause of a malfunction. I very well could be something electrical in your HID system that has went bad, and you can get it replaced under warrant. This is all covered under you Bumper to Bumper anyway, use it while you got it....

Like said before check to see if everything is on right. If you cant figure it out talk it back to your dealer. It will be covered under you warranty. You dont have to worry about your warranty and that fact that you have installed a aftermarket intake. They have to prove without a doubt that the aftermarket item is the cause of a malfunction. I very well could be something electrical in your HID system that has went bad, and you can get it replaced under warrant. This is all covered under you Bumper to Bumper anyway, use it while you got it....

Not aftermarket intake; 2010s have CAI. Not sure what I could have knocked loose removing/replacing the intake.

You have a bad ballast. Take it in for service. salute.gif

You have a bad ballast. Take it in for service. salute.gif

I bet you're right. I turned on my headlights and proceeded to shake, poke and jiggle but could not induce the problem. Had my lights were in auto position. When I turned off the car, the same headlight went out while other stayed on until it timed out.

Archived