TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Proud Father

My wife and I have been looking at a major remodel of the house; adding 800 sq. ft. on the home. New master bedroom and kitchen. We are paying cash for the remodel and are short in cash. There is money set aside in the reitirement account but we don't want to touch it. It looks like I have to sell my Shelby to pay for the remodel barring an unexpected infusion of cash around $20,000 in my bank account.

I told my 5 year old that Daddy may have to sell the Shelby. Well, he tells me to not sell the car. I mean he is real distraught about it. I try to explain to him that we need the money so we can make the house bigger. He turns around and tells me that he will give me his allowance ($1) so we don't have to sell the Shelby. That was a moment I will always remember. I love my son!

My wife and I have been looking at a major remodel of the house; adding 800 sq. ft. on the home. New master bedroom and kitchen. We are paying cash for the remodel and are short in cash. There is money set aside in the reitirement account but we don't want to touch it. It looks like I have to sell my Shelby to pay for the remodel barring an unexpected infusion of cash around $20,000 in my bank account.

I told my 5 year old that Daddy may have to sell the Shelby. Well, he tells me to not sell the car. I mean he is real distraught about it. I try to explain to him that we need the money so we can make the house bigger. He turns around and tells me that he will give me his allowance ($1) so we don't have to sell the Shelby. That was a moment I will always remember. I love my son!

:cry: Makes you want to grab a hug.

Archived