TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY TRACK DAYS

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF TRACK DAYS EXIST IN THE TRI STATE ARE (SHELBY OF COURSE) OR CLOSE TO THIS AREA IF SO WHERE AND WHEN, OR SHOULD I SAY WHY NOT THANKS FOR ANY IMPUT I DID NOT MEAN JUST SHELBYS ,I ALSO MEANT ALL MUSTANGS HOPE I DID NOT INSULT ANYONE , I KNOW OUR WINDOW IN THE EAST OVER HERE IS NOT THAT LONG BUT WE DO HAVE A FEW TRACKS, THENEW MELVILE TRACK, ENGLISTOWN, LIME ROCK I WOULD THINK SOMEONE OR CLUB COULD GET SOMETHING TOGETHER

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF TRACK DAYS EXIST IN THE TRI STATE ARE (SHELBY OF COURSE) OR CLOSE TO THIS AREA IF SO WHERE AND WHEN, OR SHOULD I SAY WHY NOT THANKS FOR ANY IMPUT

Check with "mywickedshelby" he had something posted about Aug 7th at Pocono and another date in southern Jesey.

There are events at NJMP (Millville, NJ), Pocono, Watkins Glen, NY, Monticello, NY and Lime Rock, CT this season.......all open to Mustangs.

Look in the New England section.

I am driving Pocono on July 9th.

Did NJMP last year.

Watkins Glen is very unforgiving, steel guard rails very close to the track, you slide, you are screwed.

They are run by clubs that either I have affiliation with or they invite me.

For instance, the Porsche Club of America is divided by regions.

Some regions have no restriction on what type of car you drive.

A member of the pca that is also in my local Mustang club gives me a heads up

when events come up that allow any car.

Like the one in Pocono in July.

If you check out the PCA website, go to regions, look up Drivers Education events, you can see when they are planned and what restrictions there are.

I did an event like this last year, knew no one before hand, brought my 18 year old son, we each entered our own cars (he has a 96 Mustang)

and we had a great time.

Also in the New England section on this website, someone listed events at Monticello and Lime Rock.

• 2 weeks later...

There are events at NJMP (Millville, NJ), Pocono, Watkins Glen, NY, Monticello, NY and Lime Rock, CT this season.......all open to Mustangs.

Did NJMP last year.

Watkins Glen is very unforgiving, steel guard rails very close to the track, you slide, you are screwed.

Been there, Done that! (Luckly not in my Shelby....but I ended up hich-hiking home...with alot of explaining to do when I got there).

It's a beautiful track, in a beautiful location....but not one to learn on. Still, it was one of my most memorable experiances.

Z-man

Been there, done that!!! (not in the SGT thankfully) :confused:

Been there, done that!!! (not in the SGT thankfully) :confused:

This video is not me iRacing, but it gives you a good look at what the track is like!

Did NJMP last year.

I'm very interested in the July 9th date at Pocono, Wick. Maybe we can discuss this in June.

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be at NJMP in July the Monday and Tuesday after the Mustang Challenge Race. You can see the Challenge race and then run on track with a bunch of us on the Monday/Tuesday. We'll be running both courses, Lightning and Thunderbolt. Go to www.svtcobraclub.com or www.trackclubusa.com for information http://www.trackclubusa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21

• 2 weeks later...

DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF TRACK DAYS EXIST IN THE TRI STATE ARE (SHELBY OF COURSE) OR CLOSE TO THIS AREA IF SO WHERE AND WHEN, OR SHOULD I SAY WHY NOT THANKS FOR ANY IMPUT I DID NOT MEAN JUST SHELBYS ,I ALSO MEANT ALL MUSTANGS HOPE I DID NOT INSULT ANYONE , I KNOW OUR WINDOW IN THE EAST OVER HERE IS NOT THAT LONG BUT WE DO HAVE A FEW TRACKS, THENEW MELVILE TRACK, ENGLISTOWN, LIME ROCK I WOULD THINK SOMEONE OR CLUB COULD GET SOMETHING TOGETHER

where are you located? if on Long Island you can join L.I. Mustang/Shelby Club. we have track events all the time

Archived