TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FRPP Brake cooling kit

These are original backing plates that have had the tube professionally welded to them. The kit does not include the bezels that come on a GT500KR. They are available from Shelby and several aftermarket manufacturers.

Sounds like they will fit with the modified Shelby lower piece.

I got these for Christmas. Easy mod. Only prob is that they tie off to the front sway bar. Sort of a PITA for those of us that don't use one.

bj

What about any of these hoses ???

3.5 Inch hoses

Good Luck

Andrew

Good find although you still need the rotor mount plate. I suppose a plate from a 3" kit would work with enough zip ties for the hose, but you'd have to invest in an entirely separate kit just for the rotor mounted plate. Why can't SA just sell the rest of THEIR kit?

In the NW plumbers call that piece a "Fernco" after the dominant manufacturer of that fine plumbing piece...great idea!

I have no idea how that would fit. I've stared at the back of my bezels many a time and there isn't but a couple of inches of room for a hose to barely fit over the end of it, let alone a reducer like this and a hose. If someone has done it, I'd love to see install pics, because from my vantage, one would have to do a whole ton of fabbing (hacking) to get it to work. The only option I came up with was somehow attaching a 3" hose to the inside of the bezel. But instead of doing the work, I've sat on my lazy ass waiting for Shelby to produce the other 1/2 of their 'brake cooling kit'. :waiting:

I've sat on my lazy ass waiting for Shelby to produce the other 1/2 of their 'brake cooling kit'. :waiting:

Hopefully it will be soon. I'm getting ready to upgrade my brakes, wheels, tires... sure would like to get a cooling kit figured out so I can wrap it up all at once, since I'm going to be in there anyway... Sigh...

Jer

Here's another option I'm looking at. I wanted the Shelby Store kit, but they don't seem to have any idea of when it might be available again. Heck, for all we know this one might become the Shelby kit. I'm going to hold up on getting one for awhile and see what happens....

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_63&products_id=272

Here's another option I'm looking at. I wanted the Shelby Store kit, but they don't seem to have any idea of when it might be available again. Heck, for all we know this one might become the Shelby kit. I'm going to hold up on getting one for awhile and see what happens....

http://jlttruecoldai...products_id=272

Funny, even THAT one says "COMING SOON!".

What is it with brake duct kits?

Jer

I got these for Christmas. Easy mod. Only prob is that they tie off to the front sway bar. Sort of a PITA for those of us that don't use one.

bj

Cool what is the diamater of the cooling hose just out of curiosity? Was it a good kit? Thanks!!!

All,

I just happened across this string. The photo of the "plumbing" adapter was from me. Refer to the post at the link below for pictures of the full install and more details. Yes, I had to trim each end of the adapter, but there was enough space to still use the hose clamp.

Brake duct install - 2009

(If the link doesn't work for some reason search for this thread: "brake-duct-driving-light-thread")

Good Luck!

^Where have you been all my life? happy%20feet.gif

So you went with a 3" x 2" reducer and it fit over the 3.5" bezel? Does Quantum only offer a 2" brake cooling kit or is there a 3" kit as well? Thanks for chiming in, by the way. I'm not sure how I missed your post in the brake duct thread.

Do you think a reducer with a 45 bend would have worked easier for your install or would you stick with the straight cut?

http://intakehoses.c...gory_Code=4RESA

R45B-300-350.jpg

Personally, I love how these cars have turned us all into PLUMBERS.

Heh heh heh...

Jer

^If you don't care about the lower fog lights, then one of those would definitely be your easiest bet.

Anyone have dimensions of the bezel that's included in the FRPP kit? I'm wondering if I can't just attach that thing to the front of my SPP bezel and run the 2.5" through the middle of it.

^If you don't care about the lower fog lights, then one of those would definitely be your easiest bet.

Anyone have dimensions of the bezel that's included in the FRPP kit? I'm wondering if I can't just attach that thing to the front of my SPP bezel and run the 2.5" through the middle of it.

Pass on the lights I thought that you get one or the other with the intercooler installed?

Funny, even THAT one says "COMING SOON!".

What is it with brake duct kits?

Jer

I don't know, but the JLT product is probably more reliable in "coming soon" than the Shelby Store product. I'm in no hurry so I can wait awhile....

^Where have you been all my life? happy%20feet.gif

So you went with a 3" x 2" reducer and it fit over the 3.5" bezel? Does Quantum only offer a 2" brake cooling kit or is there a 3" kit as well? Thanks for chiming in, by the way. I'm not sure how I missed your post in the brake duct thread.

Do you think a reducer with a 45 bend would have worked easier for your install or would you stick with the straight cut?

http://intakehoses.c...gory_Code=4RESA

R45B-300-350.jpg

Kahmann,

Sorry I don't get on and post too much...

Yes, I measured my bezel and duct and went "hunting" at the hardware store for a suitable adapter. (I think the 3" to 2" thing has to do with O.D. vs. I.D. I just focused on measuring the parts.) I did find those silicone adapters online, but I think it was either after I already found the plumbing adapter or it was the weekend when I was itching to do it. Anyway, it was hard to beat the $3~$5 I paid for the ones from Lowe's. Also, I think the 3" to 2" thing has to do

I went and rechecked the Quantum site, and the kit I bought is NO LONGER on their site! Mine has pretty nice 3" hose, and the adapter has a nearly full backing plate, not just the small bracket in their current 2" kit.

Something pre-bent would likely have been easier. The biggest problem was that the bezels wind up facing UP, so the hose has to bend/kink back down. (So, I think the cross-sectional area of the inside of the duct at the kink point is well below 3".) If it had come out straight or down, it would have been much easier. Not sure if the hardware stores have adapters that can convert 3.5" bezel to 2" duct, but worth a quick look. If not, just be sure you have the OD/ID measurements figured out before you shell out bucks for the online silicone adapters!

Archived