TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NY Auto Show

chuckstang

Does anyone know if the 2011 GT500 will be at the NY Auto show next week?

I plan on taking the train down next weekend to check the car out and hopefully make a final decision on whether I order one. I think the market is finally saturated because I have dealers calling me back which never happened back in 07. Anotherwords, dealers offering MSRP that I passed on are calling back. I am not sure what theyre offer was because I told them I am not interested because I wanted to wait even longer for a better deal.

Does anyone know if the 2011 GT500 will be at the NY Auto show next week?

I plan on taking the train down next weekend to check the car out and hopefully make a final decision on whether I order one. I think the market is finally saturated because I have dealers calling me back which never happened back in 07. Anotherwords, dealers offering MSRP that I passed on are calling back. I am not sure what theyre offer was because I told them I am not interested because I wanted to wait even longer for a better deal.

Where is the show in NY? FYI.. $1500 off MSRP when I ordered mine

Where is the show in NY? FYI.. $1500 off MSRP when I ordered mine

The show will be at the Jacob Javits Center from April 2-11. Here's a tip from someone who has been there many times, Do Not go on the weekend. Too many kids and crowds of people tring to get into any car that is not locked. They especially like the sports cars.

I am going on a Friday or Monday and from what I hear there should be 2 GT500's there.

There werent any GT500s at the Atlanta show --if you go,please take a pic of the GT500 rear to see if it painted.BTW, i discovered something interesting at the Atl show, the show opened on a Sat, i went down on Friday, which was a set up day, i was dresssed in as suit and told them i was meeting a Ford rep at their booth, with other members of the local Mustang club.--they let me iin and there werent any other tourists there.Therewas a Ford rep there at the booth,and i got in all the Fords. A company called Impact was the contractor setting up the display---the number for Stacy Hudson of Impact is 870-926-2572--give her a call and see if therell be a GT500,and whetehr as a meme=be of a Mustang club,you can get in early--good luck

The show will be at the Jacob Javits Center from April 2-11. Here's a tip from someone who has been there many times, Do Not go on the weekend. Too many kids and crowds of people tring to get into any car that is not locked. They especially like the sports cars.

I am going on a Friday or Monday and from what I hear there should be 2 GT500's there.

+1 on crowds. Me and my family go every easter sunday and there are lines to get into cars. It took me a while to sit in a 2010 Mustang GT vert because of the lines. Thank goodness for the passes

My dad got VIP tickets for us for dealership-only visitors. He works at a Lincoln Mercury dealer and we are going on dealer night. If I see the car there, I will definatly snap some photos of the car. :camera:

Please post pic's if you see any Shelby's! Thanks!! :dance:

Archived