TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Alcoa Wheels..can someone let us know

65427cobra

I was told a week ago last friday from the office in Ohio that the wheel that had a defect on the chrome and was under warrenty was on back order. Guess what ? It arrived here tuesday. So maybe they are getting their orders out.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Can someone please tell me why the 18" Alcoas on the KR's are exclusive to that car/owners.

This is the only wheel that is not available to all Shelby/Mustang owners and the fact that it is an 18" wheel that will fit over the GT500 brakes makes it a highly desireable wheel. Not only to GT500 owners but everyone with a Mustang/SGT that wants to upgrade to the GT500 brakes.

The 20" Super Snake Alcoas are available (without the SS on the wheel) and I don't think the SS owners are too upset about "their" wheel being made available to everyone. It doesn't make your car an SS just because you put a set of 20" Alcoas on it, just as putting on the 18's won't make it a KR. Not everyone wants to run 20" wheels. I am sure this would be a HUGE selling wheel, especially if a 10-11" rear wheel was offered.

Just a thought.... sign me up for the first batch!!

Mark

There are a lot of wheels out there that are 18" x 10 or 11inch for the GT500's or any other Mustang. The 18" Alcoas are exclusive to the KR, that's one reason the KR is desired by so many people. The hood is another part desired by almost all Shelby owners, but again it is exclusive to the KR.

Hey,

Can someone please tell me why the 18" Alcoas on the KR's are exclusive to that car/owners.

This is the only wheel that is not available to all Shelby/Mustang owners and the fact that it is an 18" wheel that will fit over the GT500 brakes makes it a highly desireable wheel. Not only to GT500 owners but everyone with a Mustang/SGT that wants to upgrade to the GT500 brakes.

The 20" Super Snake Alcoas are available (without the SS on the wheel) and I don't think the SS owners are too upset about "their" wheel being made available to everyone. It doesn't make your car an SS just because you put a set of 20" Alcoas on it, just as putting on the 18's won't make it a KR. Not everyone wants to run 20" wheels. I am sure this would be a HUGE selling wheel, especially if a 10-11" rear wheel was offered.

Just a thought.... sign me up for the first batch!!

Mark

+ 1 ON THAT ccs17578 :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

:lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk::lurk:

They're not unless you buy them direct from Shelby......

Phill

post-26522-0-27315400-1313794479_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-54855400-1313794508_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-27315400-1313794479_thumb.jpg

post-26522-0-54855400-1313794508_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok so now you have to explain how you were able to do that. Rick

SAI had a few complete sets available to "KR" owners a while back. Complete set of 4 wheels w/o center caps, with KR spec tires was like $2500 to TS members and $2800 otherwise.

You supposedly had to have a KR serial and CSM number verified to purchase any parts.

The KR guys need to get their panties out of their cracks. There are all kinds of KR parts on the market just like everything else. Wheels and springs are about the only things "hard" to get. FRPP marketed the shifter, mufflers, and air intake. There's plenty of the actual Carbon KR hoods floating around on the market now, if you're willing to pony up the $$ for one. But in actuality, who cares, you can copy it in fiberglass for 1/3 of the money. Same goes for the splitters, you can find real ones and "real" carbon fiber replica pieces.

Fact is, a KR is a KR and will always be a KR so long as it has it's serial and CSM in tact.

And a lot of times, KR owners sell their takeoff parts (they do get modified sometimes, lol).

Archived