TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hydraulic Floor Jack

MACHMAN

My floor jack will not fit under the car. I do not want to use ramps. I would like to set car on 4 jack stands to remove all 4 wheels. :doh:

just get 4 short pieces of 2x6 or 2x8 with a bevel on one end. drive the car up and........... viola

get one of the low rider jacks...

just get 4 short pieces of 2x6 or 2x8 with a bevel on one end. drive the car up and........... viola

where are you jacking from?

there should be a ton of room under side in proper jacking location

I'm surprised there's a clearance problem. But FWIW, I just bought an aluminum low clearance jack from Costco.

Looking at jacks on line and locally, I couldn't tell good from bad and prices varied dramatically. I ended up with the one from Costco because they have a great return policy. If I don't like it or it fails, I can take it back even years down the road.

where are you jacking from?

there should be a ton of room under side in proper jacking location

I would like to lift both front wheels at same time, by putting jack under car from the front and lift under K-member

I'm surprised there's a clearance problem. But FWIW, I just bought an aluminum low clearance jack from Costco.

Looking at jacks on line and locally, I couldn't tell good from bad and prices varied dramatically. I ended up with the one from Costco because they have a great return policy. If I don't like it or it fails, I can take it back even years down the road.

great, thanks i'll try costco. Have you tried it from the front of the car?

I don't have my car yet...it's on the train and ETA is next week.

The Costco jack says 3.5" clearance, so I'm thinking it won't be a problem. I haven't unpacked it yet.

BTW, it was only $99. The downside is a lot of Costco inventory seems to be local, so it might not be available in your area. I know my local Costco goes in/out of inventory on this item pretty frequently. I went to buy one a week ago and they didn't have any. Yesterday, they had tons of them.

I have an aluminum low clearance jack and it fits under the car fine....YOU JUST CAN'T JACK IT UP! :rant:

Is the car too heavy?! Most of those jacks are only rated at 1 1/2 tons. :hysterical:

I got the Craftsman jack and the front is only 3 1/2", but I have to go under my car so far that I can't jack it up! Still going to have to drive up on blocks. Oh well... Sounds like the GT500 may have the same issue where you can get it under the car, but there's not enough room to move the handle...

I solved this and other difficulties by installing the full length subframe connectors/jacking rails. Now I can lift the car anywhere along the side from wheel well to wheel well. Makes jacking the car very easy and will keep the creaks and flex out of the car for years. Also reinforces the torque boxes in the rear like the steeda brace, just goes all the way to the front subframe.

I solved this and other difficulties by installing the full length subframe connectors/jacking rails. Now I can lift the car anywhere along the side from wheel well to wheel well. Makes jacking the car very easy and will keep the creaks and flex out of the car for years. Also reinforces the torque boxes in the rear like the steeda brace, just goes all the way to the front subframe.

I did the same and with the car lowered it is a must :headspin:

Archived