TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weird noise???

BB KoncepZ

just washed my 2010 for the first time this afternoon. when i got in to pull into the garage to dry it, i could hear water moviing since the car was still wet. you know how it sounds when water is running down the jams, etc....

anyhow, when i started to move, it sounded like water was leaking into my car and hitting plastic...near the passenger door/footwell area.

i have had vehicles make this sound but this really sounded like the passenger window was down and water was dripping from the pillar to the door sill or somethin plastic.

i know this is an odd thing to ask but i dont wanna take it back to the dealer so they can water spot it up and try to hear the noise.

anybody got anything for me???

thanks

A similar or like problem appeared on 2005 Mustangs and every year after through 2009, water getting past the cowl seal and dripping on the SJB. I have not heard of it on 10's yet. Remove the little cover in the passenger footwell and check for moisture.

no more responses/opinions??? wanna get this taken care of ASAP. only water it sees is when i wash it so the rain isnt an issue but i still dont want ANY water comin in.....

BB,

I found this in the online workshop manual (2007 MY): Body noise. It might help you out a bit. I have the 2010 Workshop Manuals at home too. I will take a peak tonight to see if it might list any more info.

DaFreak

if you dont want to bring it in,id try and isolate where the water is getting in.Id tape on some vinyl sections to keep wtaer out and go around with ahose to see when water starts gettin in froma section your watering.I had to do that with my 65 GTO,and was able to find the spot (a window seal) where it was entering and fixed it--just athought,albeit dated

BB,

I found this in the online workshop manual (2007 MY): Body noise. It might help you out a bit. I have the 2010 Workshop Manuals at home too. I will take a peak tonight to see if it might list any more info.

DaFreak

Well, the WS manual did have a bit more to add. Not sure if it will help but here's the info:

DSC04879.jpg

DSC04880.jpg

DSC04881.jpg

DSC04882.jpg

Best of luck,

DaFreak

BB,

DaFreak

DaFreak,

Where did you get the 2010 Workshop Manual for the Shelby? Would like to pick up a copy.

Thx

DaFreak,

Where did you get the 2010 Workshop Manual for the Shelby? Would like to pick up a copy.

Thx

Hi,

I ordered it from helminc.com. My local dealer gave me the link as they did not sell the manuals directly. $180 for 2 phone book sized manuals and they are packed full of information. Well worth it in my opinion. If you order via the website your are looking for the workshop manuals for the 2010 Mustang which includes the GT500. You will actually select Shop/Service Information from the Document Type drop down list (not Workshop/Wiring - I know, confusing) Let me know if you can't find it.

DaFreak

Archived