TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Woot muther f'n Woot got a polished 3.4 whipple on the way

Such a small world this is. I started looking for a upgraded blower and I sent a few pm's out and called a few companies etc. Well one of the pm's was to "The Notch" on svtperformance.com and I had no idea who it was. Well long story short turns out to be a friend from Pensacola Fl. named Brad who owns and operates XXX Performance in Pensacola Fl., which by the way is a great shop if anyone needs tuning / performance mods done. Anyhow I picked up a brand new 3.4 polished Whipple for $3500 shipped. Not to bad if you ask me and then I turned around and picked up the Whipple install kit and 72lb inj. from lethal for an additional $1050. So all told I am $4500 bucks lighter and 650rwhp ish. I will still need to upgrade a few things later to hit that magical 700rwhp mark but i am only a few mods away with this setup. All I will need is a throttle body and a Whipple cold air kit and it is truly a monster. I will be doing the install myself and haven't decided on who the tuner is going to be but I might use a local guy or take it down Murillo Motorsports in San Antonio or maybe even lethal performance in Austin just haven't decided on that part yet. will keep everyone informed on what it puts down and how the process goes etc.

Cant forget to give the old lady props on this one. I kept talking about this and finally today she walked in and just told me to go ahead and order it I know you want it and have fun. I love this woman! Her idea to upgrade the car from a 04 cobra to the 2010 Shelby and her blessing on upgrading the blower to the Whipple.

Great plan, sounds like a vision of creating a beast in Belton is becoming crystal. Now that Spring is rolling around, am looking for a competent mod shop here in Texas to completely upgrade my cooling system (radiator, heat exchanger, he pump) without half arsing or damaging my car. This Fall, I am thinking about going down the blower upgrade road myself.

Are you thinking of going with the L&M 66?

Regards, Rod

Such a small world this is. I started looking for a upgraded blower and I sent a few pm's out and called a few companies etc. Well one of the pm's was to "The Notch" on svtperformance.com and I had no idea who it was. Well long story short turns out to be a friend from Pensacola Fl. named Brad who owns and operates XXX Performance in Pensacola Fl., which by the way is a great shop if anyone needs tuning / performance mods done. Anyhow I picked up a brand new 3.4 polished Whipple for $3500 shipped. Not to bad if you ask me and then I turned around and picked up the Whipple install kit and 72lb inj. from lethal for an additional $1050. So all told I am $4500 bucks lighter and 650rwhp ish. I will still need to upgrade a few things later to hit that magical 700rwhp mark but i am only a few mods away with this setup. All I will need is a throttle body and a Whipple cold air kit and it is truly a monster. I will be doing the install myself and haven't decided on who the tuner is going to be but I might use a local guy or take it down Murillo Motorsports in San Antonio or maybe even lethal performance in Austin just haven't decided on that part yet. will keep everyone informed on what it puts down and how the process goes etc.

Cant forget to give the old lady props on this one. I kept talking about this and finally today she walked in and just told me to go ahead and order it I know you want it and have fun. I fucking love this woman! Her idea to upgrade the car from a 04 cobra to the 2010 Shelby and her blessing on upgrading the blower to the Whipple.

hey, you may be new to this forum, but clean up the langauge and graphics

Great plan, sounds like a vision of creating a beast in Belton is becoming crystal. Now that Spring is rolling around, am looking for a competent mod shop here in Texas to completely upgrade my cooling system (radiator, heat exchanger, he pump) without half assing or damaging my car. This Fall, I am thinking about going down the blower upgrade road myself.

Are you thinking of going with the L&M 66?

Regards, Rod

I am thinking of going that route or maybe the Whipple t/b haven't decided yet.

really are people that anal retentive about stupid things like that and nothing is showing in the avatar or sig so whatever i dont care what they think.

Grow up man. I don't care about your avatar pic but your post title is something I'd expect to see on 16yroldricerburnerdriver.com

I'd be excited about getting a 3.4 Whipple but would find a more mature way to express it. Remember this is Shelby's Official site not some average Joe's forum.

really are people that anal retentive about stupid things like that and nothing is showing in the avatar or sig so whatever i dont care what they think.

Yes...some of these people ARE that sensitive. They are like the modern Democrat Party...their way is the best thing for you and they like to have control over you.

Grow up man. I don't care about your avatar pic but your post title is something I'd expect to see on 16yroldricerburnerdriver.com

I'd be excited about getting a 3.4 Whipple but would find a more mature way to express it. Remember this is Shelby's Official site not some average Joe's forum.

Heff's probably used to hanging out in the Mustang GT forums. I have a hunch he'll start start caring what the mods think very soon if he wants to be around long enough to show off that Whipple.

:lurk:

Yes...some of these people ARE that sensitive. They are like the modern Democrat Party...their way is the best thing for you and they like to have control over you.

Im as far from a democrat as you can be!! Using cuss words on a privatly owed forum with rules that ask folks not to use them has nothing to do with what we think is best for you! This is a FAMILY site! I dont use words like that ANYWHERE! You are welcome to cuss all you want at home, work, school, or family reunions! But TEAM SHELBY has rules that ask folks NOT to use that kind of language here!

Thanks

MM

But I'm a conservative......

Heff's probably used to hanging out in the Mustang GT forums. I have a hunch he'll start start caring what the mods think very soon if he wants to be around long enough to show off that Whipple.

:lurk:

really i hang out on the mustang gt forums thats a pretty broad assumption and a lil bit stupid dont you think. actually no i dont but i do peruse the svtperformance.com website pretty heavily since i have owned mostly mach 1's cobras and now the shelby.

Congrats on the new setup Matt and thanks for all of the support. Your car is going to be sick once it's done.

On another note I've always loved your avatar! She's smokin.

Speak to you soon bro.

Jared

Lets be nice folks!

I want to hear more about the whipple when you get it on!

Are you doing it yourself or having a mod shop do it?

MM

im doing the install myself at the local military hobby shop! gotta love that place where else can you rent a lift for 5 bucks an hour and tear your car apart and leave it overnight to finish the next day and spend maybe 60 bucks to do it! and as far as the tuning i am having a local throw a tune on it and go from there.

im doing the install myself at the local military hobby shop! gotta love that place where else can you rent a lift for 5 bucks an hour and tear your car apart and leave it overnight to finish the next day and spend maybe 60 bucks to do it! and as far as the tuning i am having a local throw a tune on it and go from there.

That's about the only thing I miss about the military. While in submarine school I had access to a full shop with lifts, which came in handy for the 280ZX with the 350 V8.

Archived