TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GTH Stripes and Trunk Letter troubles

GTH298

Hey guys...to pile on to the previous "Stripes" issues. I have an 06" GT-H #298 and I am trying to get new stripes and trunk letters (had to be removed when taking off the original stripes) from Shelby American. So far after numerous calls to Shelby Performance Parts (Shelby Store), I have been told that I have to go through "Ford Warranty" to get stripes and letters. The trunk letters on the Shelby Store are differerent than what was used for the 06' GTH.

Has anyone experienced a "good story" with trying to get stripes and letters?

Randy :banghead:

Well, took almost a year to get my scoop issue in process and now in hand, with no one to install in the area. I would call or email Bud in Vegas, get some direction and follow through. Worked for me, just needed the right direction from Shelby.

Good luck

Yes, the stripes need to go through Ford warranty. You need to prove ownership (e-mail a copy of your bill of sale) and pictures of the issue with the stripes. They will then authorize you to purchase new stripes from SAI. As for the letters, they were available for anyone to purchase @ the Shelby Store. This is the Link. You need the chrome pinned letters for an 06 GT-H. They are the EXACT same letters that came on the 06 GT-H's. The clips that come with the letters are not the ones used on the 06 GT-H (at least mine!). I bought those from www.mrgusa.com.

My question would be, aren't all '06 H's out of warranty now? They are all older than 36 months?

Yes, all '06 GT-H's should be out of warranty, but to get permission to buy new ones from SAI, you need to contact Ford warranty. This is what I had to do to get mine. The stripes are also very expensive.

Hey guys...to pile on to the previous "Stripes" issues. I have an 06" GT-H #298 and I am trying to get new stripes and trunk letters (had to be relomoved when taking off the original stripes) from Shelby American. So far after numorious call to Shelby Performance Parts (Shelby Store), I have been told that I have to go through "Ford Warranty" to get stripes and letters. The trunk letters on the Shelby Store are differerent than what was used for the 06' GTH.

Has anyone experienced a "good story" with trying to get stripes and letters?

Randy :banghead:

The information you have is incorrect.

Call 702.942.7325 extension 144 and ask for Wendy.

Your stripes and letters are not under warranty. We do have them for sale, and in stock but check because inventory changes daily, with ownership, VIN and CSM varification. Rember to state the year to insure you get the proper rear letters.

Roger

Thanks Roger. This entire thread had me really confused. I've purchased two sets of letters with no problems at all and also was going to buy stripes through the Shelby Store before I decided to go the paint route, but if I wanted them, it certainly did not seem like it was going to be any issue when I spoke to the folks there. Ford Warranty certainly had nothing to do with it.

I'm happy to hear SAI has streamlined the process for getting replacement stripes. When I purchased my GT-H replacement stripes last year, it was a pain having to deal with both Ford Warranty and Shelby Performance Parts in order to buy them.

The person I talked to was Wendy at SAI, on 3/17/10' (this week). She was the one that told me that I had to talk to Ford Warranty before she would sell me the stripes and letters. Hmmm..maybe she was just having a bad day. I will call her again on Monday, hopefully with better luck.

The bad news is that I already had the stripes peeled off, so taking a picture is going to be tough....

I will post on Monday with the latest.

Randy

The person I talked to was Wendy at SAI, on 3/17/10' (this week). She was the one that told me that I had to talk to Ford Warranty before she would sell me the stripes and letters. Hmmm..maybe she was just having a bad day. I will call her again on Monday, hopefully with better luck.

The bad news is that I already had the stripes peeled off, so taking a picture is going to be tough....

I will post on Monday with the latest.

Randy

Randy,

Did Wendy know that you were just trying to buy them for a GT-H? Sounds like she thought you were trying to put in a warranty claim on the stripes? Sounds like there may have been some misunderstanding or miscommunication perhaps. Hopefully it all works out for you! However I totally agree that you should go the paint route! Probably not much difference in cost depending on what your goal is. I'm sure happy that I did. However, I just wanted it to look the best and last for many years. I wasn't as worried about originality of the stripes being vinyl, as I plan on keeping this thing for many, many years and knew that the paint was the best route to go for that purpose. Good luck! :)

Here is an update:

Checking today, the stripes for the GT-H DO have to go through the Shelby Customer Relationship Center for verification.

They send an e-mail to us with the OK to purchase.

Here is the information:

Shelby Customer Relationship Center

800.367.3788 Office

Sorry for the confusion. We do have them in stock read for shipment.

Roger

Here is an update:

Checking today, the stripes for the GT-H DO have to go through the Shelby Customer Relationship Center for verification.

They send an e-mail to us with the OK to purchase.

Here is the information:

Shelby Customer Relationship Center

800.367.3788 Office

Sorry for the confusion. We do have them in stock read for shipment.

Roger

The update...I talked to Ken at Shelby Performance Parts, he sold me the set of letters ($45) with no problem. The stripes have to go through SCRC as Roger stated above. I will call them later this week.

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

I am looking into buying a 06 GT-H from a guy in Edmonton.

It may need new stripes.

How much are they?

Can you just buy a set for the rear bumper or do you have to buy the complete set?

Tnx

Mike

It may need new stripes.

How much are they?

Can you just buy a set for the rear bumper or do you have to buy the complete set?

Tnx

Mike

Mike,

Google the decale shoppe in surprize az, I purchased replacement stripes top and side for my SGT/BJ. They have the gold and know what they are doing.

GG

Mike,

Google the decale shoppe in surprize az, I purchased replacement stripes top and side for my SGT/BJ. They have the gold and know what they are doing.

GG

I can try that as well.

I bought a home in Gilbert, AZ last year (a winter home as I live in Canada) and tried to buy a home in Surprise, AZ. Surprise is a real nice place. A bit out of the way.

Tnx!

MM

I can try that as well.

I bought a home in Gilbert, AZ last year (a winter home as I live in Canada) and tried to buy a home in Surprise, AZ. Surprise is a real nice place. A bit out of the way.

Tnx!

MM

They have a good website with video on how to apply stripes to a SGT which can be a pain on the bumpers. Good people and good customer service, buy the premium stripe material from them.

GG

It may need new stripes.

How much are they?

Tnx

Mike

Buy the car Mike. If you don't, let me know about it, I am in the market for an 06.

QSS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Doug, are you looking to add another Shelby to your stable???

Interesting, I did purchase this car! It is Number 06H251 I bought it out of Edmonton AB.

I am located in Port Credit Ontario ( Mississauga) Canada.

I just purchased stripes and a replacement pair of Hertz side emblems & hood pin Kit ( the emblems the chrome was starting to come off & the cable on the hood pin kit had seen better days

The stripes were toast! they were faded and cracked on the roof badly.

I am removing the stripes tonight & replacing the windshield at the same time (cracked) I am putting a OE windshield back in (Carlite)

I am hoping to have the car finished off this weekend.

Will post pictures up shortly.

Mike

Another option is to go to a sign shop and have them cut you some stripes. There material is a much higher quality and will last for a long time. I went that route.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

GG

Checked it out. Price seems unbelievably low. I guess if I have an 07, I can just save the top pieces..............Casey

Archived