TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Drag Radials for Super Snake Rims

2snakes

I have done a search, But cant find anything about putting Nitto Drag Radials 555 on my Super Snake rims..I want to know if the 275-40-20 will fit on rear without rubbing.Was going to put the Nitto 555 245-40-20 on front. So i can run the same brand

I have done a search, But cant find anything about putting Nitto Drag Radials 555 on my Super Snake rims..I want to know if the 275-40-20 will fit on rear without rubbing.Was going to put the Nitto 555 245-40-20 on front. So i can run the same brand

You should be fine.

The tire you mention, besides being narrower than stock (275 vs 285, plus Nittos run narrower than most brands), are almost 2 full inches taller than stock. You are effectively changing your gearing to 3.09, which is the wrong direction (this, of course, is moot if you already have 3.73's).

I have Ford Motorsports springs. Will i still be fine ?

If the 305/35 are fine, you shouldnt have any problem. The 305's are even hang outside the wheel well unless you have weldcraft widen the rim. Im running 275/35 NT05 on my super snake.

on my ss rims i have the nitto 555R 305/35/20 and front i have 275/35/20.. no rubbing, i have 680 rwhp and it grips pretty good.

I've only got 275/35x20 on my Alcoa 20" now. With about the hp your motor is producing, I have no grip on 1st and 2nd even on dry pavement with warm tires (Toyo T1R). Was thinking of going wider, but never imagined that my 10" wheels would accomodate a 305/35x20 set-up. Do you have any close-up pictures of your car? I assume you're running on a lowered suspension as I am (H&R springs) - does it ever scrape?

- BORG

I've only got 275/35x20 on my Alcoa 20" now. With about the hp your motor is producing, I have no grip on 1st and 2nd even on dry pavement with warm tires (Toyo T1R). Was thinking of going wider, but never imagined that my 10" wheels would accomodate a 305/35x20 set-up. Do you have any close-up pictures of your car? I assume you're running on a lowered suspension as I am (H&R springs) - does it ever scrape?

- BORG

i currently do not have any close up pictures but i should be able to get some up by the end of the week if the weather clears up.. theirs another thread on here somewhere where someone took really good pictures on and off the car already of the the setup.. thats why i decided to go with them, and i was told that nitto tires run narrow compared to other brands, i thought they would stick out but they dont.. and as far as traction i mean 1st gear is never but after a few launches and the tires get heated up 2nd connects alot better than when i had the nitto 555 tires i had before the nitto 555R.. so in my opinion the 555R tires are good for 20"s but if you really want traction you'll have to get some actual 15" rim drag setup or what ever they use

Archived