TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I must be Irish...

jmn444

Had a close encounter with the police last nite....

Stopped by my boss's house last night to have a beer after work (just one), and after bs'ing for an hour or so, decided it was time to head home. So I jump in the SGT, head out of his subdivision area, and pull up to the corner, look both ways, and nobody near except a car that had just passed going the same direction I was turning, so I gun it, sliding sideways in first a bit, straightening up, and hitting 2nd hard, keeping em spinning on the cold pavement. The new muffler deletes are screaming nicely...

So I slow down, pulling up to the stoplight, and that's when I notice the light bar inside the unmarked car that I just "followed" down the street. Heart skips a beat, knowing for sure this guy heard or saw what I just did, and I'm sitting there behind him just sweating now...

We are both in the turn lane, light turns green and we pull onto the highway, and he immediately takes the first right into a drugstore and I'm thinking WOOOHOOOO! Home free! Well, I thought that UNTIL I notice the marked car that apparently was BEHIND me at the stoplight that came out of nowhere!

Lights are flashing, and the spotlight is on me... gonna be a bad night....

So I pull into the next parking lot off the highway, and this guy is sitting there for a minute, so i'm still sweating it out waiting, till he finally gets out of the car, walks up to the door and is LAUGHING out loud as he comes up....

Turned out to be the ONE cop in this particular area I'm freinds with! He was in his hiding spot down the road from where I pulled out, and he heard the exhaust, clocked me at 45 in a 25 or so, and tore after me... He said he didn't know it was me till he had me pulled over as it was pretty dark out... NO TICKETS FOR ME!!!

He did point out that I should remember that his Ford is pretty fast too though LOL.

I think I may slow it down for a while now.... maybe...

It does seem most cops are into cars... when the '05's first came out, I was out in my '68, and came up to a stoplight next to a '05.... we both hit the gas hard, I was about to hit the nitrous.... but... The cop behind us, that neither of us noticed, pulled us both over withiin seconds lol.... fortunately he was into it and had both of us opening our hoods and checking out the cars, another no-ticket night...

It does seem most cops are into cars... when the '05's first came out, I was out in my '68, and came up to a stoplight next to a '05.... we both hit the gas hard, I was about to hit the nitrous.... but... The cop behind us, that neither of us noticed, pulled us both over withiin seconds lol.... fortunately he was into it and had both of us opening our hoods and checking out the cars, another no-ticket night...

you definately are Irish! :hysterical:

Hey Wick, who did that toon style pic of your car for you? Cost?

A company contacted me by email after seeing pics of my car and we put this together.

They are ramping up to offer some different items like this artwork.

PM me your email, when I hear back from them, I'll pass on your contact info.

Sweet luck man! I got pulled over by my neighbor and he gave me a ticket. :headscratch:

Of course the cop in the other car that pulled me over originally threatened I was going to be arrested, and my neighbor kept that from happening...so I guess I was a little lucky? :hysterical:

must have been a hell of a moving violation to get arrested for!

In Texas, because of a couple high profile street racing accidents/deaths, you can be arrested for any kind of racing, including burnouts. I had a friend that was arrested for doing a wheelie. They charged him with street racing. Went to trail - he faced 10 years in jail. He got off with on a lesser charge and 1 year probation. Needless to say he was REAL scared. He's got two little kids. Imagine going to jail for a couple of years for doing a burnout or a wheelie...

Archived