TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now I'm back to being satisfied

Doug_GT350

After reading all the other stuff it looks like I'm having the same problem, tensioner! It looks bent, see pic. Oh well looks like I start saving my pennies! It sucks, spend all that money only to have the freakin' thing parked in the garage for a couple more months! I wish the powers to be that do these things for a living would have given me the option of upgrading the tensioner when the install was done. It would've been a whole lot easier! ....... my freakin' chest hurts, time for more meds..........

its just a tensioner. u'll be alright. just get a good aftermarket tensioner. ur car is S/C'd now. got to have beefier parts.

:spend:

i'm glad i'm waitin till everyone gets there's done, so all the gremlins are worked out. then i'll know what to do with mine.:spiteful:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

geesh. the mechanics dont know simple things like: supercharger + more belt = bigger pulleys and arms.

the mechanics that installed ur superchargers must have never installed one or they would know this. or they just dont read instructions.

when i take mine to Ford to get the whipple installed i got to make sure its done right. and order the aftermarket tensioner arm too.

i want this to be bulletproof

u may have to get another pic. thats way out of focus.

i think i'm cross eyed :wacko:

How's this........

PS check out the bottom line in the sig......

for the record when you put this kit on there are some clearance issues that need to be addressed! They had to put poly mounts on to lower the motor for hood clearance.

post-25056-0-74223100-1293498164_thumb.jpg

post-25056-0-74223100-1293498164_thumb.jpg

How's this........

for the record when you put this kit on there are some clearance issues that need to be addressed! They had to put poly mounts on to lower the motor for hood clearance.

welcome to the 10 rib club. have you seen the new JLT CF tube?

http://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=333

Dayuum!!!!!

That's what I'm talking about!

FWIW, I've had zero issues with belt slippage in 7500 miles... (Firmly knocking on wood here...)

It was diagnosed as a bad bearing in the 100mm idler causing the belt to walk off, we had made arrangements for the 10 rib in advance. So I just went with it.... :happy feet:

How's this........

how does this have issues with hood clearance? does the pulley stick out further with the wider belt?

Doug, the new engine mounts kept you from notching the hood?

That's correct sir! I don't know how far down they took the motor but the hood or the blanket are untouched!

here's the link Jason...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-09-mustang-gt-engine-engine-mounts-c-576_812_813/lethal-performance-05-10-mustang-adjustable-motor-mounts-p-30158

That's correct sir! I don't know how far down they took the motor but the hood or the blanket are untouched!

here's the link Jason...

http://www.lethalperformance.com/05-09-mustang-gt-engine-engine-mounts-c-576_812_813/lethal-performance-05-10-mustang-adjustable-motor-mounts-p-30158

Far enough to re-install the strut tower brace?

here's the link Jason...

Glad to hear Tasca took care of you. :happy feet:

Sorry it had to take a year for them to do it. :salute:

how much difference is there with a 10 rib belt vs regular one? does it sound, or feel different or respond better? or is it just a longer lasting belt setup?

and does this kit come with the whipple or does it have to be bought separate?

how much difference is there with a 10 rib belt vs regular one? does it sound, or feel different or respond better? or is it just a longer lasting belt setup?

and does this kit come with the whipple or does it have to be bought separate?

Unfortunately I only drove it about a half mile home, so I can't answer any performance questions yet. The sound is the same though. The BIG difference is that you are now running a dedicated blower belt. Before it was all the same belt, so if you threw it off you lossed the power steering, water pump, and charging system, thereby making the car undriveable. As of now there are a few other things, like maintenance for instance, because the alternator is behind the bracket it will be a real bi_ch to replace. The poly mounts add a vibration type noise that you will have to deal with, but that's the cost... so what. As far as cost goes, you must buy it separate, it does not come with the SC kit. Most everyone else is NOT having a problem with the single belt. I was. It was installed under an agreement, not out of necessity.

• 11 months later...

Reading this thread just made me nervous. REAL NERVOUS! Car is at TASCA now getting the SC upgrade. I hope they have these issues resolved by now. I did order the Shelby upgraded tensioner plate.

Your good, they do a ton and this is the only one I have ever heard an issue about. Mine was perfect for 2 years and then the stock tensioner gave out, I then upgraded to the 10 Rib.

Yeah Dennis, most people don't have a problem. Actually the 10 rib was decided on before the car went back, once there it was diagnosed as a bad pulley that was throwing the belt. One thing I found out is that you should retension the belt after the install. The initial stretch good give ya a problem.

I guess a problem for me is the back and forth. It's 350 miles one way for me. I am sure they will stand behind the install. And I guess I should accept it will be fine from the start and stop worrying. As you said It's a lot of money to spend to end up with problems instead of satisfaction.

• 1 month later...

Archived