TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now I'm back to being satisfied

Doug_GT350

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is the Thump RRR tensioner arm. Make sure you get the 90mm pulley installed on the tensioner.

here's the update.... Tasca is sending me another belt and a new stock tensioner, this should hold me over until I get the Thump RRR. Dennis recommended that I get the adapter plate also, but that to me just sounds like a band-aid. It may work very well but I will feel more confident with the beefed up tensioner. I think of it like ...if ya put on a pair of pants and tore the seam when ya sat down, then had them sewed up and tore the seam in them the next time you wore them..... how comfortable would ya feel about buying another pair of pants exactly the same, but with a iron on patch over the seam!

No worries, Glad Tasca is sending you one and when that one gives up the ghost holler at me and I will send you mine (stock one that is ) !

Good Luck

Andrew

Hopefully I'll have my Thump RRR and won't need it. I'll just baby it for awhile. Thanks for the thought tho!

I guess they ground my tab right as well (not inplying that Tasca did not).

For the record, the tab was ground off on the original tensioner and on the replacement. I know you or anyone else blamed them for not grinding it, but I don't want any rumors started.

Lucky for me I was asked to work overtime starting this week for an unknown amount of time, so it looks like the Thump RRR will be here sooner than I expected. :happy feet:

For the record, the tab was ground off on the original tensioner and on the replacement. I know you or anyone else blamed them for not grinding it, but I don't want any rumors started.

Lucky for me I was asked to work overtime starting this week for an unknown amount of time, so it looks like the Thump RRR will be here sooner than I expected. happy feet.gif

Re read my post NOT IMPLYING THEY DID'NT.

I did not see your tensioner in person and I would not talk smack about Tasca...

Glad it worked out I am not blaming anyone.

Mines good guess I got lucky.

Lucky for me I was asked to work overtime starting this week for an unknown amount of time, so it looks like the Thump RRR will be here sooner than I expected. :happy feet:

Re read my post NOT IMPLYING THEY DID'NT.

I did not see your tensioner in person and I would not talk smack about Tasca...

Glad it worked out I am not blaming anyone.

Mines good guess I got lucky.

I'm not being nasty but I think you should re-read my post. I didn't even know these things had to be ground before I saw your post. That's why I put it in writing, to cover you, me and Tasca.

Ahhhhh, the days of overtime. That's how I made most my toy purchases.

Glad things are working out.

I forgot the guys at SAI recommended not to rev it up and down with the clutch in. And to turn off the TC if your playing with the long pedal or your motor mounts might get beat on too much...

I guess they ground my tab right as well (not inplying that Tasca did not).

I can recommend SAI for an install 110%.

Thats my quote...

May Tasca take no offense, none meant nor to you 350. I am just grateful to have this site and the info I gain here Cheers!

HEY GUYS ,

I WAS WONDER IF SOMEONE COULD TELL ME WHAT TAB IS SUPPOSED TO BE GRINDED OFF. I GOT MY

WHIPPLE INSTALLED AT SAI ABOUT 1 WEEK AFTER RANDY'S WAS DONE APRIL 13th 2009.

ALSO RANDY IS YOUR TAB GRINDED OFF ?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP GUYS !!!

SCOTTY

mine is ground in the same place Scotty...and it looks unbent as well, no idea I am not light on the right foot either....

I THANK YOU RANDY AND SO DOES MY LEAD FOOT !!! :hysterical:

SCOTTY

I'm glad you guys brought all of this to my attention. I've been working close with the guys doing my install and have brought up all of these issues. I'm hoping that this will be done once and done right the first time.

I'm glad you guys brought all of this to my attention. I've been working close with the guys doing my install and have brought up all of these issues. I'm hoping that this will be done once and done right the first time.

I'm not saying what was done was done wrong Mikey. They had problems before but they seemed to be fixed over time. Mine may have been a freak thing, I don't know. But if I were you I would go with a beefer tensioner just to be safe, you wouldn't want to lose a belt and take out all kinds of other stuff under the hood!

okay I'm done...... :beatdeadhorse:

• 2 months later...

Broke the belt on my GT/SC after 800 miles! After spending a few days brooding and complaining I ordered the Steeda Whipple Belt Drive http://www.steeda.com/products/whipple_accessory_blower_drive.php just now! Anyone try this setup? I've seen some real nice reviews, its aweful pricey, but I figured the belt was $100 and the Thumper is $400, so I'm up to 5 already and still should replace the other pulleys, so the Steeda kit didn't seem too crazy for what you get with it. Underdrive accessory pulleys and a little more crank to blower pulley ratio for a bit more boost.

Anyway, had to post, this $1329 was the most expensive broken belt ever!! But now I'm pretty excited.

Broke the belt on my GT/SC after 800 miles! After spending a few days brooding and complaining I ordered the Steeda Whipple Belt Drive http://www.steeda.com/products/whipple_accessory_blower_drive.php just now! Anyone try this setup? I've seen some real nice reviews, its aweful pricey, but I figured the belt was $100 and the Thumper is $400, so I'm up to 5 already and still should replace the other pulleys, so the Steeda kit didn't seem too crazy for what you get with it. Underdrive accessory pulleys and a little more crank to blower pulley ratio for a bit more boost.

Anyway, had to post, this $1329 was the most expensive broken belt ever!! But now I'm pretty excited.

I heard about them but since I'm up to my arse in debt I couldn't see going in that deep! I installed the Thump-R and it's been working great. Good luck with the Steeda. I wouldn't do any more boost if I were you, 10 pounds is about all the 4.6 can handle! That's why they stop them there.

I heard about them but since I'm up to my arse in debt I couldn't see going in that deep! I installed the Thump-R and it's been working great. Good luck with the Steeda. I wouldn't do any more boost if I were you, 10 pounds is about all the 4.6 can handle! That's why they stop them there.

I hear that about the debt! I had to take a bunch of overtime at work to pay for the Steeda setup, but I was worried about getting the Thump-R and breaking a belt afterwords and then looking at the Steeda setup once I already spent $500 on the ThumpR and belt. I got the lowest boost setup with the Steeda, 11-13psi, but from the reviews I've seen it typically pushes an extra pound of boost across the RPM band. I guess thats nice, but I wasn't really looking for more power, its more than enough to scare my wife and I silly now! lol

Since I got the sc in April last year I have had nothing but trouble with the belts, Went through several already and it is only 1 year. It squeals all the time. It is loose all the time. I have had it at Tasca, had it done at Vegas, and had it at quantum. I took it to my local dealer too-useless. How many places do I have to take it to to get an answer? Now you guys have given me an answer to try, thanks!

Since I got the sc in April last year I have had nothing but trouble with the belts, Went through several already and it is only 1 year. It squeals all the time. It is loose all the time. I have had it at Tasca, had it done at Vegas, and had it at quantum. I took it to my local dealer too-useless. How many places do I have to take it to to get an answer? Now you guys have given me an answer to try, thanks!

OMG yes do the Thump R, heck it's even made in Jersey!!! I actually took mine into work to show it off to the machinists, it's a freakin' piece of art!

They tried to tell me to put the plate on but it looked like a band-aid for an anuerism, I went went with the Thump R!

Where are ya in Jersey? We're havin' a party in Eastern PA tomorrow, bring it over.

take your pick,

http://www.thumpracing.com/

take your pick,

http://www.thumpracing.com/

I have a Thump R installed on mine and I STILL keep tearing belts!!!!! Just went through my third belt in 1000 miles! I guess I will have to have a reliable shop look at it!! It just really gets me going that I spent that kind of money ($13k) and have nothing but problems..... I'm afraid to take the car anywhere for fear of it breaking a belt. So far I've been lucky and not torn any wires off stuff but it's bound to happen soon!!

Edit: MyWickedShelby, Grsybtch, Bloomy63 and myself looked it over and it appears that the SuperCharger is about 1/8" back from everything else!

I guess I'll have to do some accurate measurements and have a shim made up. It's too bad the people installing these units couldn't check that out before they send you out the door!

I have a Thump R installed on mine and I STILL keep tearing belts!!!!! Just went through my third belt in 1000 miles! I guess I will have to have a reliable shop look at it!! It just really gets me going that I spent that kind of money ($13k) and have nothing but problems..... I'm afraid to take the car anywhere for fear of it breaking a belt. So far I've been lucky and not torn any wires off stuff but it's bound to happen soon!!

Edit: MyWickedShelby, Grsybtch, Bloomy63 and myself looked it over and it appears that the SuperCharger is about 1/8" back from everything else!

I guess I'll have to do some accurate measurements and have a shim made up. It's too bad the people installing these units couldn't check that out before they send you out the door!

Man that sucks!! I feel for you. I have about 1500 miles and 8 passes on the 1/4 mile on my car since it was S/C'd by Alex Mackenzie (Vapor08GT500) and (knock on wood) no problems. I even asked about the Thump R before installation and Alex checked with Dennis at Whipple and said I should be fine with out it.

Good luck on getting it resolved.

Dan

Not trying to put the Voodoo curse on you; but I talked to Dennis and Mike at Whipple and they recommened their new tensioner. Check the Whipple website. The only problem is the pulley isn't a 90 mm. The stock tensioner has issues when you supercharge your car. It is a known fact.

Archived