TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Almost new 2010 GT500- Central PA

Stockpat

Hey Everyone,

Picked up my 220 mile used Grabber Blue 2010 on Friday. It had never seen a drop of rain. I drove it off the showroom floor into a monsoon for the 2 hour drive home. Felt horrible. Today is the first sunshine the poor car has seen under my ownership and I will try to get some pictures posted. Like some people, I kicked around the idea of the Camaro and Challenger. Thought about waiting for the 5.0 GT. I lurked on this site for a few months and fell in love with the idea of the Shelby. A fully optioned SS or SRT8 was just too close in price to justify not going for the GT500. I decided to play the waitng game for a 2010 that I could sneak past my wife. I was searching nationally, and this car popped up within 120 miles of my home, optioned exactly like I wanted and in my favorite color...for less money than any other I found. It was for sale less than 24 hours and after a small bidding war, it was mine. I'm thrilled. Thanks for providing a lot of the information I used to make an educated decision. I'm looking forward to owning this beast for years to come.

Patrick

Congrats on the getting the Grabber Blue Shelby! It's a bit tough driving it in the rain at times...I know. But that's all we seem to get here in PA. LOL!

Hopefully your wife will fall in love with the car...are you going to let her drive it? It's a fabulous feeling to be behind the wheel of these cars.

Congrats Patrick!! The grabber blue is a sweet color. I feel your pain with rain. I was supposed to pick up my new GT500KR on Saturday but didn't want to ruin the experience with the monsoon rain so I have to wait until Thursday. I'm from Mechanicsburg where in PA are you from?

So.....do you mind me asking what you paid for your car? Only 220 miles on it! Wow! How nice..the previous owner barley even drove the car!!!

What options does it have?

Post up some pics when you get a chance!!

Welcome aboard!

Maybe see you at Carlisle in June??

Thanks for the welcome. Here's the answers to your questions. Eagledriver, I live in Chambersburg so we're within an hour of each other. Blue Star, my wife thinks it's beautiful. She hasn't asked to drive it yet...not sure what the answer will be! I had a Porsche 930 a few years ago and I let her take it out a few times. I'm pretty sure she doesn't really know what I bought. I told her it was a fancy mustang. Hard to explain why I needed 540HP to commute to work and run the kids to soccer practice. She's been in it twice and all she's talking about is how much she wants SYNC and the super cool lighting. The most bad ass car I've owned and she's jealous of the sound system and some LED lighting...gotta love it. The neighbor came over drooling last night and might have let the cat out of the bag. Bonefish, I am planning on doing Carlisle this year with the car. The gentleman that owned it prior flat bedded it to and from the dealer. He bought it for part of his collection(salesman said quite impressive). He traded it in on a Raptor and put down a deposit on a 2011 GT500 w/SVT package. I paid just under 44K for the car and ended it's pampered life almost immediately with the monsoon adventure. Alexandros, thanks for the heads up on the registry. This is my first forum, I have pictures on my phone and computer but can't figure out how to post them. It's asking for a URL. Do they have to be hosted somewhere instead of on my local drive?

Patrick

Patrick - greetings from Western PA and congrats on your new Shelby! Don't worry about that ride in the rain, I had my new GT500 flat bedded to my house a few weeks ago only to get it in the garage and be greeted by a nasty case of rusty butt for my trouble. I hear ya on the wife thing, mine is not on board and I am planning mods...I'm puttin' my foot down! As soon as she is not lookin'..... :talkhand:

Well not to worry to much..just one monsoon and you got it put away! LOL! I bought my 09 in NC. I took it 4 hours home...2 hours one day and 2 the next. Girlfriend came with me so, we took leisurely drive home. Anyway...first 2 hours were fine..til we got to Richmond. Down pour! All night while she sat out and all the way home..right up until I pulled in front of my garage!!! Then it stopped. I was like..real nice! Anyway..she was put away and will be brought back out this weekend!

See you at Carlisle! I'll be parked on the grounds in an 09 Vapor with Black Stripes. Hopefully I see ya!

Blue Star, my wife thinks it's beautiful. She hasn't asked to drive it yet...not sure what the answer will be! I had a Porsche 930 a few years ago and I let her take it out a few times. I'm pretty sure she doesn't really know what I bought. I told her it was a fancy mustang. Hard to explain why I needed 540HP to commute to work and run the kids to soccer practice. She's been in it twice and all she's talking about is how much she wants SYNC and the super cool lighting. The most bad ass car I've owned and she's jealous of the sound system and some LED lighting...gotta love it. The neighbor came over drooling last night and might have let the cat out of the bag.

Hi - yeah...I think I might have to think about the "other person driving my car" thing too...whether it be a wife, girlfriend or friend. There's a few people I think I would let it do it..but I just don't know when the moment came..I might change my mind. One things for sure, I'd be a nervous wreck being in the passenger seat! I had a few girl-friends in the car..and they just love it. They're always almost afraid to get in it...and ask if they need to take off their shoes because it's so clean inside!

Be prepared to get at least 2 or 3 people coming over to look at your car every time you're out! And I know what you mean about justifying "needing" this type of car for day to day life...but it's so fun having it! Luckily, I'm single..so I didn't have to convince anyone except my "bank account' to pull the trigger on it.

I paid just under 44K for the car.

That sounds like a great deal you got! I'd take that in a minute.

LOL ! My wife has said the EXACT same thing about mine. She could care less about anything other than the ambient lighting. When we ordered her '10 F150 she didnt care about it other than the sync and the fact that it didn't have Ambient lighting. Not having it almost was a deal breaker. I ended up having to install it myself after the fact.

I plan on bringing the Bullitt and the KR to Carlisle this year as well so I hope to meet up with you guys.

Patrick, do you mind me asking which dealer you bought it from?

It popped up on Autotrader from Bedford Ford. Interesting drive over Route 30 to get there and back...would have been a great drive on a sunny day. I forgot to list the options to answer a question from before. It has HID lights and the Shaker 1000. Does not have navigation.

• 1 year later...

Congrats!

I just bought a Torch Red Shelby GT500 a few weeks ago. I t has HID and Shaker 1000 and 7.1 miles on it. I'm in Butler, PA, north of Pittsburgh. I hope to get ten miles on the Shelby if it ever quits raining!

Dennis

Congrats from Eastern Pa on your new ride, Pat!!! despite the god-awful Pa weather, I know that you will really enjoy your new "baby" whenever the real spring takes effect!!! Drive safe!!!!!!!! :shift:

Archived