TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hard to shift in first and second gear

Series1Rules

I have a Series 1 and was curious if anyone else who owns one has the same problem as I do. Very difficult to shift into 1st or 2nd gear?

I know the manual mentions that 1st gear can be a little tricky and goes as far as to give an idea of what to do, but even then it seems like I still have to force it in to gear.

2nd gear can be just as annoying as well. So much so that when I first bought the car I found my self occasionally grinding it against Reverse due to the proximity.

Anyone have thoughts on this in respect to is it normal for the transmission to behave this way or do I have a problem with mine?

TIA

I wish I had an owners manual.....

I only have a problem when I first leave the house, second gear is a bear and just doesn't want to go into gear. Once it warms up no problems. Sometimes at a light first can be harder to find so I go to second then up to first, but no problems rowing the gears from then on.

When I had a question about mine (it was out of the car for a new clutch and the transmission needed something) I called RBT, the manufacturer of the transmission. I talked to Lloyd Butfoy who was extremely helpful and very knowledgable.

Lloyd's number is 714.630.2450

• 1 year later...

I have a Series 1 and was curious if anyone else who owns one has the same problem as I do. Very difficult to shift into 1st or 2nd gear?

I know the manual mentions that 1st gear can be a little tricky and goes as far as to give an idea of what to do, but even then it seems like I still have to force it in to gear.

2nd gear can be just as annoying as well. So much so that when I first bought the car I found my self occasionally grinding it against Reverse due to the proximity.

Anyone have thoughts on this in respect to is it normal for the transmission to behave this way or do I have a problem with mine?

TIA

Archived