TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone's nav/sync not identifying a CD?

scottGT500

Has anyone's nav/sync CD player started showing "unknown artist" and "unknown title"? I like to burn my CD's into the hard drive (Jukebox) but the CD's lately are not being picked up when I put them in...they start playing just fine but it won't read the titles and artists...which will NOT let me record them to the Jukebox.

Scott

Has anyone's nav/sync CD player started showing "unknown artist" and "unknown title"? I like to burn my CD's into the hard drive (Jukebox) but the CD's lately are not being picked up when I put them in...they start playing just fine but it won't read the titles and artists...which will NOT let me record them to the Jukebox.

Scott

I'm having the exact same problem in my 2010 F-150 Lariat. The folks at Microsoft Sync won't even admit its a problem. I can read that CD with iTunes and all the info is there. I can even put it in an external CD player and everything shows up fine. Its that POS Sync system.

My daughter and I just got a few new CDs right before I left home and we noticed this. I dont know if it was all 5 of the CDs but a coupld of them definatly came up with unknown. Generally i would have not been worried about it because of just plugging in the Zune and voice commanding that, but we got them and put them in at the store to listen to them on the way home. Wonder if a fix can be patched for this....

Nic

My daughter and I just got a few new CDs right before I left home and we noticed this. I dont know if it was all 5 of the CDs but a coupld of them definatly came up with unknown. Generally i would have not been worried about it because of just plugging in the Zune and voice commanding that, but we got them and put them in at the store to listen to them on the way home. Wonder if a fix can be patched for this....

Nic

Nic---dont have the HD fancy system you guys have, but when i hook up my Zune it recognizes all the artiist/sungs etc,and allows voice commands for specific songs,aristist,playlists etc. So must be something in the HD/nav system, since the Zune interface works fine..bob

Here is the problem.

The Gracenote database is tied into the NAV system data. It's only going to be as current as your maps. Any mainstream artist that's CD came out after the current NAV data was released will show up as unknown.

Here is the problem.

The Gracenote database is tied into the NAV system data. It's only going to be as current as your maps. Any mainstream artist that's CD came out after the current NAV data was released will show up as unknown.

Well that sucks! So any "new" CD's will always be unknown?

I gave up on Sync a while back. Won't even let me sync my bluetooth anymore. I had Ford update my system when I took it in for it's first oil change and it has not been the same since. Oh well I have an '11 coming so I figure maybe they will have it figured out by then! denohew

Well that sucks! So any "new" CD's will always be unknown?

Correct, at least with this system. It makes the feature pretty useless, well unless you are copying old CDs. At first I thought it got the data from the connection to Sirius. Until I bought the new Rihanna CD and it didn't work. When Ford offers in car Internet connectivity they could hook Gracenote to the online database which is updated daily.

Oh okay that is good to know. I mean it is not really a huge deal when it comes down to it, I am just glad it is not a glitch in the system. I mean, honestly it is kinda a silly thing to worry about beings it is far better to just DL all of your music to an MP3 player. Everything I put on my zune is updated by the internet with artist, title, and song name. So, once I put it in my car it all comes up on the screen correctly and all voice commanded. I really love the system.

Nic

Archived