TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California cruise to Grabberville

kahmann

Guys, just a heads up. I checked into the Best Western today here in Battle Ground. My car was as dirty as its ever been because I drove down from the Seattle area to the Oregon coast early this week for work. Anyway, I washed my car here today. Unfortunately I couldn't get away with a dry wash and used the water. The water is terrible and left BAD water spots all over my car. I waxed the car and it didn't get ride of them. I even waxed the windows and my windshield is still all spotted up. Very frustrating. So DON'T use the water to wash your cars when you get here....just use detailer spray.

The water here comes from underground aquafers. It's "hard water". If you dry your car after you wash it...it will be fine.

I have some stuff that will take it off your windows. I'm home tomorrow all day if you want to come over...I will help you do it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The water here comes from underground aquafers. It's "hard water". If you dry your car after you wash it...it will be fine.

I have some stuff that will take it off your windows. I'm home tomorrow all day if you want to come over...I will help you do it.

Thanks Rob. Car was completely wet when I dried it off but spots had settled in, especially on flat surfaces. Will be at the track all day tomorrow and I know the plan is to get together tomorrow night. Maybe I could head over there early Saturday morning and work on it. Will need to clean her up again pretty good Saturday morning after the track tomorrow. See you soon.

Thanks Rob. Car was completely wet when I dried it off but spots had settled in, especially on flat surfaces. Will be at the track all day tomorrow and I know the plan is to get together tomorrow night. Maybe I could head over there early Saturday morning and work on it. Will need to clean her up again pretty good Saturday morning after the track tomorrow. See you soon.

I will be up early and I will have the coffee on in the shop. Come on over.

Hey Robert, I'm going to PM you my cell number. Text or call when you leave in the AM. If you leave earlier than planned, I'll try to get a hold of Dana and Brian in time, to see if they can meet us earlier along the way.

Brian, I'd guess we should probably hit Medford around 3 or so, depending on what time Robert and Alex leave. I'll text you and Dana first thing, so we can coordinate better based off of Rob and Alex's departure. See ya fellas tomorrow! :shift:

Robert is planning on leaving his place at 8AM.

That means he'll be in Sac around 10AM, which puts as all at the Arbuckle Chevron to meet Dana around 11AM.

Brian, that means we ought to arrive in Medford around 3PM, depending on how fast we're driving and how many stops we make obviously.

I'm off to bed, so let's all try to communicate in the morning, so we don't leave anyone hanging!

Hopefully traffic will be better than today...My navigation told me around 4.5 hours and it took from 2pm to 11pm (9 hours) to get to Robert and Stephanie's house in Fresno from Palm Springs. The roads are loaded with people for the long weekend. I am going to sleep now...

Alex

We're meeting at the Chevron in Arbuckle at 11:30AM.

If the Oregon meeting spot is still the Fred Meyer in Medford (http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&resnum=0&q=2424%20Crater%20Lake%20Hwy%20Medford%20OR%2097504&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl), then we should get there around 3:30PM.

Just a quick heads up before I depart.

LOL Rob's weatherman definitely does lie. Mine, however, does not! ;)

The drive up was absolutely fantastic, aside from the last jaunt from Salem to Battle Ground, when it started pouring.

Hopefully the weather turns for the better in the morning.

p.s. Hey Brian where are you? Why aren't we playing drinking games or something instead of obsessively checking TS in our rooms? :lol:

Brian,

It looks like you'll starting getting some sun about 10am tomorrow. Wish I could be there. Have a great time and take plenty of pictures!

http://www.weather.c...pnav_undeclared

We had a great cruise up until about 30 miles south of Battle Ground, then we got dumped on.

Nitto555r's + rain = white knuckle driving.

Tomorrow will be great I'm sure, rain or shine.

It was really fun to cruise up with you guys this year too. Way more fun than trailering alone through the mountains like last year!

As for the Vette, that was a lame attempt at capturing the group of 3 Vettes cruising together up I-5. It was pretty cool seeing another group of cruisers on the way north.

Yea it was a great group to cruise up with. Everyone worked together very well in traffic.

As for the vettes, I kept having an over whelming urge to rev on them! :hysterical:

Notice the geezers in the Vettes seemed to have stiff necks or something that kept their heads locked straight ahead the entire time we were passing them?? :lol:

Notice the geezers in the Vettes seemed to have stiff necks or something that kept their heads locked straight ahead the entire time we were passing them?? :lol:

Now that's funny. :hysterical: Maybe it was because their gold chains pull on their chest hairs if they move around to much. :lol:

Now that's funny. :hysterical: Maybe it was because their gold chains pull on their chest hairs if they move around to much. :lol:

LOL I thought maybe their mullets were frozen solid after having their tops down on the freeway through central Oregon hysterical3.gif

Too funny....I waved at them and they ignored me...like I have said many times before after owning several Corvettes, a whole different group of people...hating going to any events with most of them...nothing better than Team Shelby!!!

Alex

Too funny....I waved at them and they ignored me...like I have said many times before after owning several Corvettes, a whole different group of people...hating going to any events with most of them...nothing better than Team Shelby!!!

Alex

Its the only thing that keeps me from getting a vette, and the look on my wifes face everytime I bring it up....I love the 58's.

Not to discriminate, she has the same look about the viper, 911's and late model Ferraris...

Panteras are in...

I've never owned a Ferrari, but have owned many Corvette's, Z06's, Viper's and Porsche Twin Turbo's, and 2 Pantera's and most of the owners that come to the events are pricks. I am also currently part of the Mercedes AMG forums as I have a 600+ RWHP E55 daily driver, and have to say that group is 50/50. We have a few 1/4 mile drag events per year and invite other groups to fill slots, and it is funny how many Viper, Porsche, Corvette, and Ferrari people show up, talk crap, then run way slower than their mouths can run...pretty funny!!! Most of them do not want to discuss their mods, and will not pop their hoods....

Alex

hysterical.gif

Thats Funny Alex, I went for a look at the MB Dealer here before I got my Shelby, but pulling up in my old Scout I was ignored...pretty funny.

The SGT was my first new car and probably my last for just me, but that new Vette Carbon is pretty cool though.

You are right there are so many very nice folks on TS and who own Shelbys...

I am very grateful for them all...it makes my car that more special to me.

Cheers! BTW I dig the wrenching you do at your place...

Archived