TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California cruise to Grabberville

kahmann

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are planning on going again this year Ken. It would be great to meet up and cruise the rest of the way together. Too bad it didn't work out last year. I should know in the next 2-3 weeks if we can make it for sure. Waiting on the wife's work schedule to know for sure.

I sent out some PM's and posted this in the main Meet and greet thread. If you did not get it, please respond.

I need some input from you all. The caterer wants to know if you guys are Angus Burger or Grilled Wrap crowd, or a mix. She has also suggested that I pre-collect for the meals so the line does not get log jammed too bad. That's a good idea, so I will collect the $8 per person for the meal from you all as you park. I will give you a food ticket that you will just hand the caterer as you get your food. I think the porta potty will only cost about $1 buck per car to cover that cost. I will then hand over all the money to the caterer so she will not have to be making change for you all. They will handle the ala-carte items if anyone wants them.

The cater will have me a menu for you all next week end so I just need a little input on the "Angus Burger or Grilled Wrap crowd, or a mix" question.

• 1 month later...

Okay guys and gals! I'm planning on leaving Friday the 28th around 0830 from my house. Puts me in the Sacramento area around 1030 or 11 depending on traffic. It's a 3 day weekend so I'm going to get on the road as soon as I drop my kids off at school and get back home. Anyone else have a time frame or want to met up along the way?

Okay guys and gals! I'm planning on leaving Friday the 28th around 0830 from my house. Puts me in the Sacramento area around 1030 or 11 depending on traffic. It's a 3 day weekend so I'm going to get on the road as soon as I drop my kids off at school and get back home. Anyone else have a time frame or want to met up along the way?

I was going to leave early on the 28th too. I'm way up by Eureka, CA though, so I won't meet up with I-5 until Grant's pass, OR. If you can use google maps and determine when you might be there, I'd love to meet up with everyone.

I was going to leave early on the 28th too. I'm way up by Eureka, CA though, so I won't meet up with I-5 until Grant's pass, OR. If you can use google maps and determine when you might be there, I'd love to meet up with everyone.

Hi Bryan,

I am in Medford, so if you can swing by the Fred Meyers off the the Crater Lake Highway(highway 62) exit I could meet up with u there. It is right off I-5 on the North going side. Just exit, take a right to Eagle Point and its on right on the right!

Rich

I'll start trying to plan it out this weekend regarding time frames etc. I'd like to get as far as I can before all the traffic starts with people getting off work and on the freeways for the weekend. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

I'll start trying to plan it out this weekend regarding time frames etc. I'd like to get as far as I can before all the traffic starts with people getting off work and on the freeways for the weekend. I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Sounds good. I'm only about 4 hours away from that Fred Meyers that Rich suggested so I can be there as early as 11am. I'll keep checking back here to see what everyone is doing.

Ken, what about you?

That would be great Rich. Is this the one?

Fred Meyer

1101 Grants Pass Parkway

Grants Pass, OR 97526-2359

Actually this one Bryan. http://services.fredmeyer.com/StoreLocator/StoreDirections.aspx?recordId=70100195

But if you had plans on meeting some folks in Grants Pass that will work just fine also if you like. On another note if your able to leave the night before, you are welcome to stay at my house as I have parking in the garage for your car and a nice guest room. Is the wife coming on this trip?

Actually this one Bryan. http://services.fredmeyer.com/StoreLocator/StoreDirections.aspx?recordId=70100195

But if you had plans on meeting some folks in Grants Pass that will work just fine also if you like. On another note if your able to leave the night before, you are welcome to stay at my house as I have parking in the garage for your car and a nice guest room. Is the wife coming on this trip?

That Fred Meyers is fine too. I may take you up on your offer also, it just depends what I've got going on with work that week. I'll let you know, thanks for the invitation! Unfortunately Sara is taking our girls back east for a couple weeks to visit family during this event so she can't make it. This is going to be a solo trip. :superhero:

-Brian

That Fred Meyers is fine too. I may take you up on your offer also, it just depends what I've got going on with work that week. I'll let you know, thanks for the invitation! Unfortunately Sara is taking our girls back east for a couple weeks to visit family during this event so she can't make it. This is going to be a solo trip. :superhero:

-Brian

No problem, the door is open for you. If you can get early enough in that evening we could grill some Kobe steaks! :happy feet:

-Brian

I'll be driving up with you guys. Do you know how many cars are driving from CA?

-Brian

I'm more than ready to cruise. If Robert is planning to be in Sac by 10:30AM, we can meet at that Fred Meyer in Medford by 3PM.

Is that too late for you guys?

What time do you think you guys will be rolling into Battleground, WA ?

Hi All,

I would like to meet up with you all if possible this year if we can coordinate. Last year, Robert, Stephanie, and I caravaned on the way back, but maybe if we plan it well enough we can actually get a group together up and down....I will be coming from the farthest south...Palm Springs, and may have another TS member caravaning with me in my car.....keep me posted...

Alex

What time do you think you guys will be rolling into Battleground, WA ?

I would like to be there by 8.

If we were to get to Medford by 3PM, that would put us in the Vancouver area before 8PM.

:salute: Sounds good to me.

Hi All,

I would like to meet up with you all if possible this year if we can coordinate. Last year, Robert, Stephanie, and I caravaned on the way back, but maybe if we plan it well enough we can actually get a group together up and down....I will be coming from the farthest south...Palm Springs, and may have another TS member caravaning with me in my car.....keep me posted...

Alex

Will do Alex.

Dana, since you're coming from the Bay, you could save time by not coming all the way into Sac. You should take the 505 off the 80 around Vacaville, which will put you just south of Dunnigan when you drop onto the 5.

There's a nice, new Chevron station just up the freeway from that point in Arbuckle. If Robert will be here in Sac at 10:30AM, then we can meet you at that Chevron at 11:30AM.

Does that make sense to everyone?

Here's the Chevron's map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1AVSW_enUS365US366&q=sacramento,+ca&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Sacramento,+CA&gl=us&ei=ZT3qS9OHH6futAP0zoiMCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ8gEwAA

Davies Brothers Chevron Station

1129 Putnam Way

Arbuckle, California 95912

I would like to be there by 8.

:salute: Sounds good to me.

Will do Alex.

So if Robert and Stephanie are the next closest to me, I guess I will leave on thursday night, then get a hotel in Fresno and leave with them at 8:30 friday morning...anyone else coming from Southern CA??

Alex

^I'm really looking forward to seeing your new Cobra Alex. It sounds like we're going to have a nice little cruise this year!

Thank Ken, I don't know how far it will be by then, but at least I will have it on the cruise. Do you think you'll have your SGT ready by the 27th?? I hope so...can't wait to see it!!!

Alex

Dana, since you're coming from the Bay, you could save time by not coming all the way into Sac. You should take the 505 off the 80 around Vacaville, which will put you just south of Dunnigan when you drop onto the 5.

There's a nice, new Chevron station just up the freeway from that point in Arbuckle. If Robert will be here in Sac at 10:30AM, then we can meet you at that Chevron at 11:30AM.

Does that make sense to everyone?

Here's the Chevron's map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?rlz=1C1AVSW_enUS365US366&q=sacramento,+ca&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Sacramento,+CA&gl=us&ei=ZT3qS9OHH6futAP0zoiMCA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCkQ8gEwAA

Davies Brothers Chevron Station

1129 Putnam Way

Arbuckle, California 95912

Great. I'll meet you at the Chevron station at 11:30 then.

Archived