TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California cruise to Grabberville

kahmann

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I'd love to, but I don't even have a running engine yet, let alone one worthy of a day of abuse on the road course!

Didn't know your car is laid up.......bummer. Are you bringing it up or no?

I just got the engine/trans/exhaust into the car late last week. I ought to have it running tomorrow night, so unless something extraordinarily unforeseen occurs between now and then, I'll be driving the freshly built Shelby. :shift:

So if Robert and Stephanie are the next closest to me, I guess I will leave on thursday night, then get a hotel in Fresno and leave with them at 8:30 friday morning...anyone else coming from Southern CA??

Alex

Alex,

I'll get ahold of you in the next few day by phone.

Robert

^All I have at the moment are my DOT comp tires (RA1's).

If it's raining the whole time, I'm not going. I just can't put this tread through wet mountain roads for 8 hours up and back.

Here's to hoping for a better looking forecast this time next week.

Very depressing...

62703883.jpg

I hope Grabber has a big garage.

he does

but it the really hard to forecast weather across the pacific ocean. could be sun and high in the upper 20s. Think positive thoughts

That will work.

The local TV weather stations are saying that Friday is the start of the drying trend. I think you will have a dry drive over here Friday. Here's what 2 of the local news teams are saying:

post-6269-127455115621_thumb.jpg

post-6269-127455117988_thumb.jpg

The local TV weather stations are saying that Friday is the start of the drying trend. I think you will have a dry drive over here Friday. Here's what 2 of the local news teams are saying:

:happy feet: It's lookin good.

Acuweather is not showing any rain for your trip or the event or the day after either.happy%20feet.gif

http://www.accuweather.com/us/wa/battle-ground/98604/forecast-month.asp?view=table

I will be watching and posting the local weather reports for you all every day so you can see how things are shaping up.

^That's great news Rob. I wonder why The Weather Channel's forecast is so different from everyone else's.

All I know is that none of these clowns seem to know what the sky will bring beyond the next 12 hours! :lol:

^That's great news Rob. I wonder why The Weather Channel's forecast is so different from everyone else's.

All I know is that none of these clowns seem to know what the sky will bring beyond the next 12 hours! :lol:

I would much rather trust the local TV news stations forecasts then the "weather channel". The local guys have a much better reason to try harder to get it right.

Like I said, I will keep everyone up to speed with the local information.

I just found out that we might be able to leave alittle earlier on Friday if needed. Please let me know what time you would like to meet up and I might be able to leave around 730am instead of 830.

I would much rather trust the local TV news stations forecasts then the "weather channel". The local guys have a much better reason to try harder to get it right.

Like I said, I will keep everyone up to speed with the local information.

It's the only profession that you can be incorrect 50% of the time and still be employed. Have fun everyone.

Well it looks like I'm going to make it. I'm headed to get my post break in dyno tune in a few minutes. Assuming that goes well, I'll be cruising north in the morning.

Where are we meeting in Sac, Robert?

Well it looks like I'm going to make it. I'm headed to get my post break in dyno tune in a few minutes. Assuming that goes well, I'll be cruising north in the morning.

Looks like I'm making it as well. I just put on 2 new tires on the car as the front tires didn't have any tread. It looked doubtful a few days ago as the tires were on backorder for a few weeks but arrived late yesterday. I ran down the get them installed this morning so I'm all set to go. See you at the Arbuckle Chevron station. I'll send you a PM with my cellphone number if you need to contact me.

Up to you Ken. Alex is coming up tonight and staying here so we can all leaving in the am. I can leave almost anytime in the morning to meet you anywhere you choose. I don't know that area real well so I'll let you pick it. I usually take 99 north and then cross over to the I-5 in Sac. You still have my number?

Guys, just a heads up. I checked into the Best Western today here in Battle Ground. My car was as dirty as its ever been because I drove down from the Seattle area to the Oregon coast early this week for work. Anyway, I washed my car here today. Unfortunately I couldn't get away with a dry wash and used the water. The water is terrible and left BAD water spots all over my car. I waxed the car and it didn't get ride of them. I even waxed the windows and my windshield is still all spotted up. Very frustrating. So DON'T use the water to wash your cars when you get here....just use detailer spray.

Guys, just a heads up. I checked into the Best Western today here in Battle Ground. My car was as dirty as its ever been because I drove down from the Seattle area to the Oregon coast early this week for work. Anyway, I washed my car here today. Unfortunately I couldn't get away with a dry wash and used the water. The water is terrible and left BAD water spots all over my car. I waxed the car and it didn't get ride of them. I even waxed the windows and my windshield is still all spotted up. Very frustrating. So DON'T use the water to wash your cars when you get here....just use detailer spray.

Thanks for the heads up! Sorry you had to be the test mule! Hope you can get them out.

Another thing to watch for is we had a problem last year with the sprinklers going off late in the evening just around sunset and got the back of my car and several others. Had to do the quick dry before it dried and left spots. Park up close to the building if you can and try to avoid the sprinklers.

Another thing to watch for is we had a problem last year with the sprinklers going off late in the evening just around sunset and got the back of my car and several others. Had to do the quick dry before it dried and left spots. Park up close to the building if you can.

Yep. I remember that also. Shows a 13 hour drive on my nav without moving. I'm betting closer to 12 with traffic and stops.

Ohhh, sorry to hear. Try spraying quick detailer on it while it's still wet from the wash, then dry.

What time is everyone planning on being in Medford/Grants Pass area?

Archived