TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Where's the list?

jrichard

I know I should be able to find it...but I can't.

A couple of weeks ago (when I was still drugged up and in the hospital...at least that's my excuse for not being able to find it), someone posted a list of things to get from the dealer when you pick up the car. Basically, it seemed to be a comprehensive list of everything that is in the car when it's delivered. There were 22 or 24 items on the list. I was thinking CWHR posted it, but I still can't find it.

Anyway, I was seriously out of it for a couple of weeks there and I only have a vague memory of seeing that post. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Can you point me to it?

Thanks!

I remember the list. I took it and paired it down for my own needs. This is what I sent my dealer and he agreed to it.

Ken,

When my car arrives, I want you to take some photos of it when it is on the transporter and as it comes off, if I am not there. I can give you a disposable camera if you need one. After the car is unloaded, I do not want it touched untill I get there. Please call me right away. My Cell number is XXX-XXX-XXXX in case someone else needs the number in case you are not there. I want to be present during the PDI & washing of the vehicle.

These are the 10 items that I am concerned about. As we get closer to delivery day, I would like to meet the guy that will be checking my car in.

1 - DO NOT INSTALL THE FRONT LIC. PLATE HOLDER. I DO NOT WANT ANY SCREW HOLES IN MY FRONT BUMPER.

2 - All tags, decals & round dot stickers remain in ALL windows including the window sticker.

3 - All plastic on door sills plates, seats, carpet, steering wheel, airbag, sun visors stay on.

4 - NO Dealership decals or lic plate frames be applied to the car.

5 - Leave the floor mats in the trunk - not be opened.

6 - Front & rear bumper plastic to stay on the car from shipment.

7 - Do not to scrub off the red dots on the sidewalls of the tires from the factory.

8 - I want all and any & all paperwork in the car, leave it lay so I can gather it up.

9 - I want present during the PDI.

10 - I want a copy of the PDI paperwork.

Ken, I really appreciate all your help on this once in a lifetime purchase of my dream car.

Sincerely,

Rob

Archived