TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake cooling kits and grille bezels

Tucker

The 2010 GT500 has the boss' in the bumper for the brake cooling kit, but Ford screwed up and put them in the very edge of the grille, so when you drill them out your right up against the grille edge.

This makes it hard to make a full round grille bezel. What we did for testing is turn the round bezel into more of a "D" shape.

We normally offer these bezels for the 07-09 in clear/satin, black or polished, but on the 2010 I personally feel black looks best. I want to get your opinions on black Vs. Clear and if this is something you would be interested in buying.

Our brake cooling kits are very cheap @ only $139 without bezels and $189 with bezels.

Bezels alone are only $69.

So tell me, yes or no on would you buy and if yes, black or clear.

We can make both, but I just want your opinion.

Thanks

Jay

thumbbrake%20cooling%20parts%20008.jpg

thumbbrake%20cooling%20parts%20012.jpg

thumbbrake%20cooling%20parts%20018.jpg

thumbbrake%20cooling%20parts%20023.jpg

can you show a pic of them a littler further away from the car...like a full front end view?

The 2010 GT500 has the boss' in the bumper for the brake cooling kit, but Ford screwed up and put them in the very edge of the grille, so when you drill them out your right up against the grille edge.

This makes it hard to make a full round grille bezel. What we did for testing is turn the round bezel into more of a "D" shape.

We normally offer these bezels for the 07-09 in clear/satin, black or polished, but on the 2010 I personally feel black looks best. I want to get your opinions on black Vs. Clear and if this is something you would be interested in buying.

Our brake cooling kits are very cheap @ only $139 without bezels and $189 with bezels.

Thanks

Jay

Black all the way, imho. Rod

Thanks

Jay

Thanks guys,

I'll look on Monday to see if I have any further back photos, but I don't think I do and tha car is gone. Maybe Tibor can snap some and post them for me. He has black on the car now.

Seems like a mix, so we will most likely do some of both, black and clear/satin.

I can have brake cooling kits ready soon, the bezels will be 4-6 weeks.

Thanks

Jay

Thanks

Jay

iI LIKE THE CLEAR (POLISHED) MYSELF BUT NOT CRAZY ABOUT THE HOLES BEING SO CLOSE TO THE EDGE , IS THIS THE FINISHED PRODUCT OR ARE YOU STILL TESTING, WE ALL KNOW SHELBY MADE A COMPLETE GRILL WITH BEZELS ALRERADY CUT OUT AND BEZELS IN PLACE, IF YOU DID NOT WANT TO CUT YOUR GRILL, ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE THIS OPITION , I RATHER HAVE A PRE-CUT GRILL AND HOLES MOVED IN TOWARDS CENTER LIKE THE KR, AND 07-09 MODELS, IT DOES NOT NOT LOOK CORRECT LIKE YOURS ARE SET

We will not be offering it with a new grille, plus in order to move them inboard you will have other issues behind the bumper. The tube for the ducts will not line up and on the drivers side you have a air temp sensor that will need to be relocated as well as the H/E and some panels. It's not all open and hole can go anywhere.

From my understanding the SS was gettin air from the splitter?

Jay

Archived