TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Detroit Auto Show

mtl1977

Nice Photos.

I did not know that the Shelby GT hood scoop was attached with 25 SS exposed Rivits. Our GT/CS that all the styling cues were taken from has a hood scoop with no exposed rivits. Why do you suppose they did it that way? It looks to "bolt on" to me. I prefer this scoop that came on our GT/CS because of the concealed bolts.

The hood scoop is probably held on to the hood by two or four stud bolts. The rivets are only cosmetic.

Grab the front of the scoop and it will bend up, pivoting in the middle, feels cheap.

Ours is thru bolted with 4 connections on the underside of the hood and double sticky tape from the factory. No flex whatso ever and solid as a rock.

Nice Photos.

I did not know that the Shelby GT hood scoop was attached with 25 SS exposed Rivits. Our GT/CS that all the styling cues were taken from has a hood scoop with no exposed rivits. Why do you suppose they did it that way? It looks to "bolt on" to me. I prefer this scoop that came on our GT/CS because of the concealed bolts.

They are 24 little allen head bolts not rivets. The glass scoop is from the 427 cobra roadster ie the shelby connection. Ross

They are 24 little allen head bolts not rivets. The glass scoop is from the 427 cobra roadster ie the shelby connection. Ross

It appears to be flexed down in the middle of the scoop in photo #119. optical illusion.

http://mlav.com/car/07autoshow/ford/pages/...by%20GT%20k.htm

Whats with the stripe jobs on these cars (SGT, GT500? Some of them are pretty bad.

The design/development/manufacturing engineer that put the seam of the overlapping stripes on the GT500 spoiler right on the vertical plane on the back edge needs to get slapped! Right in plain view. Looks like crap.

I was pushing air bubbles out of the stripes on the red GT500 at the show.

Whats with the stripe jobs on these cars (SGT, GT500? Some of them are pretty bad.

The design/development/manufacturing engineer that put the seam of the overlapping stripes on the GT500 spoiler right on the vertical plane on the back edge needs to get slapped! Right in plain view. Looks like crap.

I was pushing air bubbles out of the stripes on the red GT500 at the show.

Some of the stripe jobs have been perfect and others have had problems. I think it all boils down to the craftsmen's experience level.

I understand the Cobra connection with the hood scoop, but aesthetically it looks wrong riveted/hex scewed like that, at least to my eye. On a roadster like the Cobra with a lot of exposed stuff that was basically a streetable race car, I can see it. On this car its not good IMHO. I really wish they would have gone with a CS style, or better yet a 68 style hood and made it a functional ram air set up. That would have really set this car apart from the GT. Oh well, hoods are easy to swap but it would have been cool if it came that way from Shelby. Woulda been a sweet and functional tweak. :happy feet:

KC666

I understand the Cobra connection with the hood scoop, but aesthetically it looks wrong riveted/hex scewed like that, at least to my eye. On a roadster like the Cobra with a lot of exposed stuff that was basically a streetable race car, I can see it. On this car its not good IMHO. I really wish they would have gone with a CS style, or better yet a 68 style hood and made it a functional ram air set up. That would have really set this car apart from the GT. Oh well, hoods are easy to swap but it would have been cool if it came that way from Shelby. Woulda been a sweet and functional tweak. :happy feet:

KC666

You can always get the GT-H hood as an option, that is what I did. Yes it would have been nice straight from the factory but at least they made it an option.

I have seen the car first hand and the bolted on scoop doesn't look that bad actually.

Archived