TEAM SHELBY FORUM

X-Pipe VS H-Pipe

I just found out that the GT-500KR has an H-pipe not an X-pipe. I thought the X-pipe made more power and flowed better than the H-pipe does. Does anyone know which one produces more power and sound? :headscratch:

The Shelby GT's have an X-pipe, how would they sound with an H-pipe? :finger:

I seem to remember reading that the h-pipe was designed for low end torque and the x-pipe was designed for the top end. Furthermore, the x-pipe has more of an exotic sound where as the h-pipe has the classic V8 sound.

Laurence

I'm doing some work to my SGT now. Trying to find parts and information is pretty tough, which is surprising. I bought a set of used exhaust manifolds and ported them at our shop and they are being ceramic coated. I didn't want to mess with headers of any kind. Tonight I pulled the cats off the car and I really want to retain the exhaust that's on the car but it's just a tad too quiet. So..........I am going to build offroad pipes for the car and keep my stock cats intact. It will be interesting to hear it with the Xpipe, stock exhaust and no cats, I'm hoping it's just what I am looking for. My car has a Whipple 550 on it now.

Archived