TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Preservative in gas

KingCobra

I put my car away about 6-7 weeks ago with just under a full tank of gas thinking a full tank of gas would reduce condensation in the tank. Do I need to be concerned about the gas degrading??? I'm assuming that I still won't be bringing her out for another 4-6 weeks. Will this hurt my engine??? Should I be adding a gas perservative to the tank??? Is it already too late???

KingCobra.

i have stored my 99 GT every year from nov 1st until the end of april. i have never added stabil or anything to the gas. i just start the car about once a month let it warm up to operating temps. i have never had any problems.

my f150 sat with spun bearings in the motor from feb until november of last year . i just had the motor redone and it started ran and drove with same gas in the tank.

I put it in my car before putting it away for the season. I had a snowblower I wrecked a few years back when I stored it without adding some stabilizer to the gas tank. My buddy who took the engine apart told me the gas had seperated and sludged up the whole fuel system. Maybe the car fuel system is a little more robust, but my buddy recommended it when I store the car, so for $8 I figure what the heck

Archived