TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT H Values

Every week someone asks how much is my car worth. I tell them it is worth all the smiles my family and I have in the car and all the comments we receive from everyone. Just for laughs, I looked it up on kelley blue book and NADA and there is not a value for the 07 GT H but there is for a 2006 GT H. Does anyone have any insight on why? Thanks Shelby brothers and sisters.

Every week someone asks how much is my car worth. I tell them it is worth all the smiles my family and I have in the car and all the comments we receive from everyone. Just for laughs, I looked it up on kelley blue book and NADA and there is not a value for the 07 GT H but there is for a 2006 GT H. Does anyone have any insight on why? Thanks Shelby brothers and sisters.

What did they say about the 2006? Not sure why the 2007 would not be in them.

The GTHs both 2006 and 2007, all of the Shelby SGTs, and the 2007 GT-500s are now in the "used car "phase of the their pricing evolution. Probably about as low as many of average condition cars will go. In my opinion, a car passes through several phases, 1) Newly announced or just out phase- peope go crazy paying over sticker for the cars in the "just got to have one frenzy", 2) Now the supply catches up and we enter the "selling for sticker price phase", where more rational people start buying. 3) next the market is now satisified but there's still cars left over, called the "Cold phase", where a dealer starts selling under market just to move the darn things, this is where the cheap people (like me) jump in and buy. 4) next phase is the "1st used car phase", where the cars sell OK, cheaper then new. 5) next is the "2nd used car phase", the prices are in the toilet and everyone listed in PHASE 1 go out and buy the next new thing on the market. This is the phase we are in now (my opinion). The final phase is long and drawn out, and prices will vary almost monthly. I call this the "beginning of collectibility stage". All of the unusual, rare, one of ...cars start sneaking up in price, followed by the low mileage cars, then the rest of the model run. Have you noticed a near absence of 2006 GTHs on the market ? Have you noticed a huge drop in available 2007 GTH convertibles on the market? The time is right to BUY. As far as NADA, I believe they base their listings on auction sales and there may not have been enough sales to post pricing. Ebay, with all it's problems, is about the easiest ways to determine interest and pricing to a lesser degree. Just some thoughts, Larry

Good points Larry. Also, KBB is used by banks to loan on Auto's any Auto's. Me, I got one of the Last "New still on the Lot, please take this off our hands" for 33K . May be a little high, but with the 3yr/36K any issues that will come up, have started to come up = TSB and Recall's. Right now I would not sell it for any thing less than 33K but I love it too much added bonus Pre-titled...

However, I am going back and forth on GT-H listed at SIA NV...

I felt like I timed the market OK. Paid 31K for a 07 Vert GTH with clean carfaxand 15,900 miles on it. I love it and wont sell anytime in the near future. Larry you are right they have dried up on eBay DRAMATICALLY just in the last 45 days. I do sense a supply--demand issue to occur by this summer.

I felt like I timed the market OK. Paid 31K for a 07 Vert GTH with clean carfaxand 15,900 miles on it. I love it and wont sell anytime in the near future. Larry you are right they have dried up on eBay DRAMATICALLY just in the last 45 days. I do sense a supply--demand issue to occur by this summer.

$31 k for such a low mileage convertible is a super deal, as the saying goes, "you don't make money selling, you make money by buying right". Potential Mustang buyers should compare the new car prices for premium equipped Mustang GTs then look at what a very nice, low mileage SGT, 2007 or 2008, will cost. The SGTs are nearly $10,000 cheaper on average, have more equipment, are more limited in production, and of course have a great name attached. The GTHs, in my opinion, will be the first to go into collectability status just because of the limited number and the fact the average person (non-Hertz connected) could not buy one new. Black and Gold is also a striking combination and always attracts attention at car shows. I'm a little prejudiced but the best buy out there now on the GTHs are the 3 remaining 2006 cars that are owned by and titled to Shelby American. (read posts "Shelby American to Sell Executive Cars", Team Shelby Forum). I'm seriously thinking about buying a second one, maybe the one assigned to Mrs Shelby or the Supercharged one? Once bitten by the Shelby snake you must keep buying!!! regards, Larry

I agree and that is a good price. Mine 2 months ago was $24K plus tax and had 28000 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought my '07 GT-H VERT last month for $25,000 out the door. The sticker price was $34,000. I managed to talk them down on the price because the stripes are messed up on the front and back and a hood pin is missing. Oddly enough, I bought it at a Chevy Dealer in Hawaii.

My kids wanted to go look at the new Camaros. While we were checking out the new Camaro, which is a really cool car, a salesman asked me if I wanted to buy one. I told him I couldn't afford a $50,000 car right now. The car I was standing by had a price of $52,000 (with a $15,000 dealer mark-up).

I asked, out of curiosity, if they had any Mustang GT's in their used car lot. The salesman said he was sure they had a few. When we got out to the lot I first saw a silver Mustang GT and right next to it was the Shelby. My immediate thought was "Hmm, what do I have to do to get that?"

At first I was very concerned about if I was paying too much for the car because I found all kinds of info on GT's and GT500's but very little info on the GT-H value which made it difficult to get a ideal price to shoot for. Even with the messed up stripes and missing pin, the car still looks great and I'm happy with the price paid. Hopefully, I didn't pay too much. It is my first Mustang, which I've wanted since I was a kid. The fact that my first Mustang is Shelby makes me even happier. happy%20feet.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Congrats. Great Price! Whats the CSM #

Thank you! CSM #07H106

Congratz,

Also paid $25,000 for mine Shelby. What was the mileages on it?

Jeroen

Thank you! It had just over 28,000 miles when I bought it. I forgot to mention earlier one of the other reasons I talked the dealer down was because the tire tread was pretty low. Within legal limits but it was obvious I would be buying tires in the near future. I've been away from home for a few months. Will be home soon. Can't wait to put some more miles on it.

Thank you! It had just over 28,000 miles when I bought it. I forgot to mention earlier one of the other reasons I talked the dealer down was because the tire tread was pretty low. Within legal limits but it was obvious I would be buying tires in the near future. I've been away from home for a few months. Will be home soon. Can't wait to put some more miles on it.

Great prices. You guys paid those prices on Ebay or somewhere else?

I'm looking right now, and they want some enormously high prices on EBay right now. 56k for one with 24k miles. I made him an offer @ 26k.

Selling a 07 GT-H used with 24k miles for the price of a brand new 2010 Shelby GT500 is nuts.

@ Dadoody. I bought my car via ebay!

You mean this one! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-FORD-Mustang-Shelby-GT-H-/350351656320?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item5192960580

That price is way out off line! specially the milages on it and the seat is scruffy!

I'm going to throw out an opinion here and don't want to create a firestorm, but here goes. Has everyone noticed that both the 2006 and 2007 GTHs bottomed out in price months ago. They have held price during the past 12 months during the worst economic times in US history while other performance car models have steadily dropped in price. Now a few 2006 GTH coupes are beginning to surface again for sale with $32,000 plus Reserves on Ebay. I believe the 2007 GTH Convertibles will follow the coupes in pricing INCREASES in the coming months. Prediction now, providing the US economy doesn't fully collapse in the next 12 months ( if the Treasury keeps printing money look out), then I believe (yes and hope) that 2006 GTH coupes will break $40,000 with the 2007 GTH convertibles quick to follow. During these 12 months I believe (again just an opinion) that the GTH of both years will pass standard production GT-500s in re-sale pricing. Ouch, that's going to get letters but PLEASE, this is just my opinion, not fact. The pricing will be reflecting production quantities, not the greatness of the GT-500s. Ok, fire away, but don't leave me bloody. regards, Larry

Great prices. You guys paid those prices on Ebay or somewhere else?

I'm looking right now, and they want some enormously high prices on EBay right now. 56k for one with 24k miles. I made him an offer @ 26k.

Selling a 07 GT-H used with 24k miles for the price of a brand new 2010 Shelby GT500 is nuts.

I purchased mine at a Dealer. (Autonation) They had just purchaed from Hertz via Auction

I'm going to throw out an opinion here and don't want to create a firestorm, but here goes. Has everyone noticed that both the 2006 and 2007 GTHs bottomed out in price months ago. They have held price during the past 12 months during the worst economic times in US history while other performance car models have steadily dropped in price. Now a few 2006 GTH coupes are beginning to surface again for sale with $32,000 plus Reserves on Ebay. I believe the 2007 GTH Convertibles will follow the coupes in pricing INCREASES in the coming months. Prediction now, providing the US economy doesn't fully collapse in the next 12 months ( if the Treasury keeps printing money look out), then I believe (yes and hope) that 2006 GTH coupes will break $40,000 with the 2007 GTH convertibles quick to follow. During these 12 months I believe (again just an opinion) that the GTH of both years will pass standard production GT-500s in re-sale pricing. Ouch, that's going to get letters but PLEASE, this is just my opinion, not fact. The pricing will be reflecting production quantities, not the greatness of the GT-500s. Ok, fire away, but don't leave me bloody. regards, Larry

Larry,

Like most of us..It would be awsome if they start to go up in price. I imagine they will, but not this soon, maybe a couple more years. Now, to your comment of GT-H vs. GT500...I am on your side. Yes, the GT500 is powerfull, but it never saw a day at SAI Shop and the production numbers are low for Hertz. Just look at the 60's models, the Hertz still comand prices like the GT500.

I have to say to all SGT haters, the car values for these cars in 20 years will be higher than the GT500, and like most here have said, the following is my opinion where the prices will be:

#1 - GT350 ( Since it will be limited)

#2 - Super Snake

#3 - GT500 KR

#4 - 40th anniversary pakg / the 427 edition

#5 - 06/07 Hertz

#6 - 08 SGT (Barrett Jackson)

#7- 08 SGT-C

#8- 07/08 SGT

#9- GT500 - standard production (07-present) - too many models.

#10 - Terilingua models (reason behind stndard 500 is the V6 power plant)

just my .02 cents

Larry,

Like most of us..It would be awsome if they start to go up in price. I imagine they will, but not this soon, maybe a couple more years. Now, to your comment of GT-H vs. GT500...I am on your side. Yes, the GT500 is powerfull, but it never saw a day at SAI Shop and the production numbers are low for Hertz. Just look at the 60's models, the Hertz still comand prices like the GT500.

I have to say to all SGT haters, the car values for these cars in 20 years will be higher than the GT500, and like most here have said, the following is my opinion where the prices will be:

#2 - Super Snake

#3 - GT500 KR

#5 - 06/07 Hertz

#7- 08 SGT-C

#8- 07/08 SGT

just my .02 cents

I agree with most of your list but from a bang for your buck investment I might bump the Terilingua up a spot

IMO

We bought our 07 GT-H #109 from Hertz in Hawaii a year ago with 15000 miles for 25900

had to use Matson to ship it to Long Beach where we picked it up and drove it to Oklahoma.

Felt I bought it right and still love it as much if not more today,My wife took it over and claimed it as hers because she LOVES it. She wishes it was supercharged and she will prob get her wish come fall time.

Would like to find a 06 but not willing to pay stupid money;prob just wait and get a Boss 302

Doc Scott

We bought our 07 GT-H #109 from Hertz in Hawaii a year ago with 15000 miles for 25900

had to use Matson to ship it to Long Beach where we picked it up and drove it to Oklahoma.

Felt I bought it right and still love it as much if not more today,My wife took it over and claimed it as hers because she LOVES it. She wishes it was supercharged and she will prob get her wish come fall time.

Would like to find a 06 but not willing to pay stupid money;prob just wait and get a Boss 302

Doc Scott

I love my SC hertz, but I have had more than one person say I should have left it stock. Not sure who will be correct in years down the road. But when I am gone, who really cares. Enjoy.

Larry,

#2 - Super Snake

#3 - GT500 KR

#5 - 06/07 Hertz

#7- 08 SGT-C

#8- 07/08 SGT

just my .02 cents

Interesting list, I may not put the Barret Jackson or SGT-C above the standard SGTs. Nice cars but are too Regional in nature, and the color combinations are not appreciated by a wide audience. I think I would put the Super Snake at the top also, like you, this is just my $.02 worth. Larry

Interesting list, I may not put the Barret Jackson or SGT-C above the standard SGTs. Nice cars but are too Regional in nature, and the color combinations are not appreciated by a wide audience. I think I would put the Super Snake at the top also, like you, this is just my $.02 worth. Larry

Well Larry..im Byass :) The main reason i put the BJ and SGT-C above standard SGT's is the limited run (low production numbers).

Well Larry..im Byass :) The main reason i put the BJ and SGT-C above standard SGT's is the limited run (low production numbers).

07H350

Value only means something when buying or selling. Investment ? I bought mine to DRIVE and have FUN

Here is my take on future collectibles regarding SGT's:

1) '08 GT/SC Barrett Jackson convertibles

2) '08 GT/SC Vista Blue convertibles

3) '08 GT/SC California edition, '06 and '07 GT/SC- H Hertz cars

4) '08 GT/SC vista blue cars

5) '07 GT/SC black or white, '08 SGT-BJ convertible

6) '07 SGT-H convertible Hertz cars, '08 SGT convertible, vista blue

7) '06 SGT-H Hertz cars, '08 SGT-BJ coupe, '08 SGT-C California edition

8) '07 SGT-H Hertz coupe

9) '08 SGT vista blue coupe

10) '07 SGT coupe

If you throw in the GT 350, KR 500 and the Super Snake convertibles/coupes, they will be hot on the list of collectors in the future also. While some might not agree with my "list," the Shelby supercharged SGT's will be very collectible, along with rarer additions and/or colors of the other SGT's. The 5-speeds will be in more demand than automatics. I listed more than one car in some of the numbered listings as it was a hard call for me. Original cars, as usual, will be in the highest demand.

Now, my friends, instead of flaming me, let's see your thoughts for Shelby's hot list, circa 2020. :slapfight:

07H350

Value only means something when buying or selling. Investment ? I bought mine to DRIVE and have FUN

I totally agree, value is what it is, but the driving of the car is the fun. My 2007 SGT is driven daily, including vacations, and my 2006 GTH was driven from LasVegas to Orlando, Florida, and now I'm heading to the Mid-America Shelby meet in the GTH, Orlando area to Tulsa, here we come. Larry

Here is my take on future collectibles regarding SGT's:

1) '08 GT/SC Barrett Jackson convertibles

2) '08 GT/SC Vista Blue convertibles

3) '08 GT/SC California edition, '06 and '07 GT/SC- H Hertz cars

4) '08 GT/SC vista blue cars

5) '07 GT/SC black or white, '08 SGT-BJ convertible

6) '07 SGT-H convertible Hertz cars, '08 SGT convertible, vista blue

7) '06 SGT-H Hertz cars, '08 SGT-BJ coupe, '08 SGT-C California edition

8) '07 SGT-H Hertz coupe

9) '08 SGT vista blue coupe

10) '07 SGT coupe

If you throw in the GT 350, KR 500 and the Super Snake convertibles/coupes, they will be hot on the list of collectors in the future also. While some might not agree with my "list," the Shelby supercharged SGT's will be very collectible, along with rarer additions and/or colors of the other SGT's. The 5-speeds will be in more demand than automatics. I listed more than one car in some of the numbered listings as it was a hard call for me. Original cars, as usual, will be in the highest demand.

Now, my friends, instead of flaming me, let's see your thoughts for Shelby's hot list, circa 2020. :slapfight:

Just my opinion of course, but I'm not convinced that the GT/SC cars will be any more valuable than a non SC. Documented SC cars done by Shelby will certainly be worth more than SC'd cars done by others which are also in the registry. The SC is an after original upgrade which can be updated by anybody in the forseable future. Now if you can no longer have Shelby add the SC if they go out of buisness, then that may be a different story. I also don't see the color of a SGT really effecting the future price. Hard to say what the special editions such as BJ or California cars do. Also, there would be no SGT without the H, and since we're in the H forum here, of course my list would have the H cars much further towards the top! :)

With respect to GT/SC cars, I was referring to SAI authorized converted cars.

Back in the day, the Hertz cars never brought as much money as the other 1966 Shelbys. It wasn't until the mid-1990's that the Hertz cars started catching the other '66 Shelbys in value. Most that bought the Hertz cars couldn't afford the price difference for the regular GT 350 and opted for the Hertz cars. What eventually happened was buyers started realizing that the production was much lower for the Hertz cars so collectors started buying them up, and once this occurred, supply and demand set in and prices escalated accordingly. The Hertz cars weren't looked down upon by collectors any longer, and many of the Hertz cars surpassed the regular GT 350's in value.

In the future, supply and demand will also be a major factor in which cars collectors go after. The SAI authorized GT/SC cars and the other rarer models will be in the most demand. Without a doubt, as far as the non-supercharged cars go, the 2008 BJ cars will be the hottest ticket, along with the 2008 California editions, the 2006 Hertz cars, the 2007 Hertz convertibles the 2008 vista blue convertibles and finally the 2007 Hertz coupes. If you have an SGT/SC version of one of these Shelby GT's, so much the better. Supply and demand will be greatly influenced by production figures and availability of these cars to the collectors.

When I purchased my car six months ago, there were three Hertz convertibles for sale here in the Dallas area - two at one dealer and one at another. One was available at $26,000 and the other two were listed at $28,000. I found my '08 vista blue convertible a couple days later after looking at the Hertz convertibles at an asking price of $34,000 with 2200 miles. They are all nice cars, but I was told that the blue cars were substantially faster so I bought it! As I learned later, they are faster, but not until you add the supercharger. :salute:

On a final note, if I had a 2008 BJ convertible, I'd definitely be looking at the GT/SC conversion before the game is up.

Maybe, only time will tell. Many people see the value in originality, how it came out of Shelby in the begining. So we will see as time goes by I guess. We've discussed this pretty heavily in our local Shelby bunch (over 40 of us), and it's about 50/50 on the SC add. For now, enjoy the ride. Mine's not all original either. My stripes are painted, I have the hot rod cams(or will within the week), exhaust, and other odds and ends. I decided on the painted stripes so it will last my life time and still look good. But I do have all the original parts. I've been thinking of the SC add, but have not decided for sure yet. If I do, I'll definitly go with the Paxton, which only us 2006 folks get to do, just to be a bit more tied historically to the 1966.

PS, there were no 2007 Hertz coupes.

With respect to GT/SC cars, I was referring to SAI authorized converted cars.

Back in the day, the Hertz cars never brought as much money as the other 1966 Shelbys. It wasn't until the mid-1990's that the Hertz cars started catching the other '66 Shelbys in value. Most that bought the Hertz cars couldn't afford the price difference for the regular GT 350 and opted for the Hertz cars. What eventually happened was buyers started realizing that the production was much lower for the Hertz cars so collectors started buying them up, and once this occurred, supply and demand set in and prices escalated accordingly. The Hertz cars weren't looked down upon by collectors any longer, and many of the Hertz cars surpassed the regular GT 350's in value.

In the future, supply and demand will also be a major factor in which cars collectors go after. The SAI authorized GT/SC cars and the other rarer models will be in the most demand. Without a doubt, as far as the non-supercharged cars go, the 2008 BJ cars will be the hottest ticket, along with the 2008 California editions, the 2006 Hertz cars, the 2007 Hertz convertibles the 2008 vista blue convertibles and finally the 2007 Hertz coupes. If you have an SGT/SC version of one of these Shelby GT's, so much the better. Supply and demand will be greatly influenced by production figures and availability of these cars to the collectors.

When I purchased my car six months ago, there were three Hertz convertibles for sale here in the Dallas area - two at one dealer and one at another. One was available at $26,000 and the other two were listed at $28,000. I found my '08 vista blue convertible a couple days later after looking at the Hertz convertibles at an asking price of $34,000 with 2200 miles. They are all nice cars, but I was told that the blue cars were substantially faster so I bought it! As I learned later, they are faster, but not until you add the supercharger. :salute:

On a final note, if I had a 2008 BJ convertible, I'd definitely be looking at the GT/SC conversion before the game is up.

No 2007 Hertz GTH coupes.

Archived