TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian Rally Spring 2007

HOTGT500

I was just curious if anyone would be interested in driving up to Evolution performance with me in May to get the Suspension MOD, and SCT with JLT CAI...Maybe Kaylan can chime in do you think Joe would be able to do these mods at a fair price locally? Maybe if we bought the components? what would be the best way to do this if done locally?

Cheers,

Requis

What are your plans...

I'm in,............that is my plan...........as soon as the weather gets better.........thinking end of May, early June. Take a few days off say.........Monday to Wednesday and head out. PM me and we'll exchange numbers and chat. I too have connections for parts and install such as BMR stuff. My buddy Louie of Ultimate Performance in Mississauga (he knows Joe well too and gets his customer cars dyno'd at Joes), known him for years, diehard Ford guy, and well known at the tracks............gets me excellent deals on parts and is a master installer on Mustang stuff. He's been more excited than me since he found out a year and a half ago i was getting a Shelby.

My plan is suspension mods, alum driveshaft, 3:73's, Evo Stage 1 tune with the JLT and full dyno tune with the 92 or 93 octane by Evo/Fred. If I go alone I was going to trailer it down but with company maybe we can drive them???

I too thought of doing the mods here and then the dyno /tune down there but I may want Fred to do it all, not that my buddy can't but figure, do it once, do it one shot and done deal. I want to make sure the tune is absolutely perfect and if not, Fred will tweak it. I plan to do a detailed list for Fred in March or so, give a deposit to ensure all parts are there and waiting for my arrival and schedule the work to be done.

Let me know.....be nice if a few of us went down for a couple or so days...............horsepower road trip :)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was just curious if anyone would be interested in driving up to Evolution performance with me in May to get the Suspension MOD, and SCT with JLT CAI...Maybe Kaylan can chime in do you think Joe would be able to do these mods at a fair price locally? Maybe if we bought the components? what would be the best way to do this if done locally?

Cheers,

Requis

What are your plans...

I will be talking and seeing Joe this weekend. We're supposed to have my car at Speedorama. However, just got the go ahead on an evening job that may screw things up for the show. Yes Lello it's a Hyatt gig

I will be talking and seeing Joe this weekend. We're supposed to have my car at Speedorama. However, just got the go ahead on an evening job that may screw things up for the show. Yes Lello it's a Hyatt gig

:ohsnap:

sh*t, thanks............he left me a message, forgot to call him back. See you at the show.......my brother may have his semi-tubbed '88 LX in too.

I'm open to what ever the conensus is Gravenhurst sounded cool, what weekend is was that. If its the May 24 Weekend that might be cool bring up the whole fam damly!

The weekend is June 16th and its at Gull Lake Park.

• 2 months later...
Guest markham51
Wow...20 hours. We'll see if this can be put together soon so you can make plans.

I can offer up a suggestion for the 14th Annual Antique & Classic Car show at Gull Lake Park in Gravenhurst Saturday June 16th, 2007. Gravenhurst is a tourist area and the show is one of the best with hundreds of cars. The show is not only antiques but also drag racers & rods etc. I have shown there for the past 5 years. They already now my Shelby will be there....it would be fun to have more there. I have the registration form if you are interested.

Sounds great to me. Not in canada till May 24 weekend... I plan to be in Muskokas on 16th for a couple of weeks. Car shows are great places to meet.

I must have missed that memo Joe :stop:

It's a good thing there will be a different color at the rally....4 blue can make a person think their eyes are going funny.

Joe, must say red is a nice colour. I only had a choice between white or blue, and when I saw them side by side....blue won. :shift:

No problem...no Legendary Motorcar. Can you suggest somewhere else.

kstrong...you are suggesting the Sunday of the May long weekend?

Or am I missing something? :redcard:

May long weekend is no good afterall for me.

I have my Vert. :banana piano:

She is ALLOY! (The Stealthiest and Fastest colour!) :hysterical2:

Name a weekend and place. I will see what I can do. :banana piano:

Hi all........I have ask did anyone get their GT500 out of storage yet? I did last week and I forgot how sweet the ride really is. :shift:

No plans have been set for a meet/rally. I was hoping someone would come up with a good location.

I am heading to Shannonville May 14th and 15th, and will be at the Gravenhurst show in June.

If you know of a location, please shout back.

Shannonville would be a great place to meet. I don't think I would have enough KM's by May though. I would still be breaking the car in.

My first "performance" car was an Acura Integra Type R (Flame away) which turned over 1000Km's on the way to Shannonville. We drove the living crap out of that car then, drove it back home 3hrs.

Now for something completly different; Would anyone want to participate in a group Dyno Day at a tuner shop in the GTA?

June would be good & yes Sunday . We could tie it in with the ALL FORD SHOW at OAKVILLE if they would allow us. Jjust a suggestion.

that sounds like the best.......but in the last 2 years, it was on Saturday if thats the one you're referring too..........I can make arrangements and be avail. Saturday. Other options are the Erinwood Ford show in Mississauga, or the Summit Ford show in Rexdale and others.........

• 2 weeks later...
Shannonville would be a great place to meet. I don't think I would have enough KM's by May though. I would still be breaking the car in.

My first "performance" car was an Acura Integra Type R (Flame away) which turned over 1000Km's on the way to Shannonville. We drove the living crap out of that car then, drove it back home 3hrs.

Now for something completly different; Would anyone want to participate in a group Dyno Day at a tuner shop in the GTA?

Bends........Do you want to look into the Dyno day and get back the group. Some may be interested in this, I would check it out.

Hey any Canadian here interested in a Carroll Shelby trunk mat. I have an extra that I am going to sell off for cost. It is for a GT500 that does not have the Shaker 1000. If interested email me.

that sounds like the best.......but in the last 2 years, it was on Saturday if thats the one you're referring too..........I can make arrangements and be avail. Saturday. Other options are the Erinwood Ford show in Mississauga, or the Summit Ford show in Rexdale and others.........

I like a June date as well. Any info on the dates of the shows you mentioned? It would be great to have a get together. :happy feet:

I'll be driving the Alloy Vert. with the Tungsten Stripes!!! :banana piano:

I emailed around for some quotes today on some Dyno time. The shops wanted an estimate of number of cars. If anyone is intersted please post so I can gauge the interest.

The more cars that attend the cheaper it is.

Thanx

I emailed around for some quotes today on some Dyno time. The shops wanted an estimate of number of cars. If anyone is intersted please post so I can gauge the interest.

Thanx

If you guys are seriously interested in this let me know. Joe Da Silva is a very good friend of mine...(and the only guy to wrench on my car) and I'm sure he could hook us up. I know the GTA club isn't doing their usual dyno day there this year so that day would be available.

Thanx

I might be interested. How much are we talking about? How about May 26th or 27th? That is the weekend after the long weekend. Less OPP on the roads. :banana piano: Not that any of us SPEED! :hysterical2: I could shoot some awsum photos of the cars. :camera:

If you guys are seriously interested in this let me know. Joe Da Silva is a very good friend of mine...(and the only guy to wrench on my car) and I'm sure he could hook us up. I know the GTA club isn't doing their usual dyno day there this year so that day would be available.

Joe's shop is one of the shops I emailed. My Dad had his 01 tuned by them, they are very knowledgable and thorough.

Joe's web site shows a Dyno day May 6 for $40. For your coin you get two pulls and AR readings. NO TUNING.

If you know him personally please see what you can do. I just ordered my stage 1 from EVO :hyper: and would love to do a base line and modified pull.

Joe's shop is one of the shops I emailed. My Dad had his 01 tuned by them, they are very knowledgable and thorough.

Joe's web site shows a Dyno day May 6 for $40. For your coin you get two pulls and AR readings. NO TUNING.

If you know him personally please see what you can do. I just ordered my stage 1 from EVO :hyper: and would love to do a base line and modified pull.

We will be together tomorrow at of all things... a wedding. A Mustang guy wedding albeit but.....I can mention it tomorrow. Anyone want to guesstimate how many cars?

We will be together tomorrow at of all things... a wedding. A Mustang guy wedding albeit but.....I can mention it tomorrow. Anyone want to guesstimate how many cars?

I'm in for sure!

Steeda.ca quoted me $50 a car for for 9 cars.

Spoke to Joe tonight and here's the skinny.

$50.00 for two pulls with A/F and Pizza and pop. As for the date, just pick one we can all work with and it's a go.

Just post up who's interested then we can book the day.

Paul

Again, I'm definitely in. I could probobly get a few more Regular stangs there as well.

I would love to do one pull, stock base line, early AM and then redo later in the day with intake and tune.

As for a date, Saturdays are better for me.

Again, I'm definitely in. I could probobly get a few more Regular stangs there as well.

I would love to do one pull, stock base line, early AM and then redo later in the day with intake and tune.

As for a date, Saturdays are better for me.

I would be interested....but was hoping for some tuning. Let me know the date and times.

I would be interested....but was hoping for some tuning. Let me know the date and times.

I'm sure if you arranged it with Joe you could show up a little earlier than the rest or stay later and have some tuning done. Give Joe a call and letr him know you're with the bunch that Paul was talking about at the wedding.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Toronto area Rally" is planning a get together for May 26th in Burlington. Why not combine the two groups.

Archived