TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MY BLACKOUT 10 GT500 PICS

Hec332

As you guys know, I sold my 08 Vapor Gt500 and bought a 2010 BLKonBLK Gt500 to match my 93 cobra. I had 3 weeks toinstalled all my gooddies back onthe 2010 so I can run her on bradenton.What slow us down was that we had a 5 day delay due to the paint shop.:cuss:But the credit goes out to Alex,Carlos at MOBILE MOD PERFORMANCE.:rockon: I had to work my regular 60 hours shifts and work on the car in the morning.I was able to but 295 miles on here before the dyno.

Brandenton was my first time driving her down the 1320. I only was able to get 2 pratice runs before the true street class started. My first run I was able to pull out a 10.87@133 with 20 in Bald NITTO drag radials(LONG STORY why I didnt have new tires for this event:fm:) I'm still please with the results. Im sure with some new 20in drag radials I can run somewhere in the 10.60s range. Maybe I'll slap some bogarts and get a race tune on her and see what happens:idea:

SPECIAL THANKS TO: LETHAL PERFORMANCE(Matt/Jared) & STEEDA for going out of there way to find all the parts to get her done...

These #'s are on 93 pump gas/TUNED BY PAUL MIESTER@TORQ which did amazing job on get her done the day before bradenton.:beer:

DynoJet Numbers (for those of you who care):

748.2RWHP/680RWTQ (SAE CORRECTED)

782/711 (SAE NO WEATHER CORRECTION)

Mustang Dyno Numbers:

690RWHP/640RWTQ (SAE CORRECTED)

717RWHP/685RWTQ (SAE NO WEATHER CORRECTION)

Here are some quick pics for now,

2.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

4.jpg

DSC04454.jpg

Bradenton.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

I will post some pics of the build when I a chance. We started the build with 27 miles on her. She has 480 miles know:D

When I bought my car I was considering black on black. I would've done something similar if I had gone with it. Looks great!

Went with Kona/Silver instead. Don't regret it but black/black sure looks awesome!

I'm curious, I'd like to tint my headlights but didn't think it was legal if you run "on road". I'm in Virginia and I suspect I'd have a hard time passing inspection if I did this. Anyone know?

Looks sick!

I'm sure I'm wrong, probably the way your rotors are made, but unless you know for sure, double check to be sure they are on the correct side of the car, most I've looked at, the slots angle the opposite way, and if they are on the wrong side, they won't cool properly if they have directional vanes inside... I'm far from an expert on this though!

Beautiful car! Nice numbers!

What did you use to tint the headlights?

I just a local guy here in miami, I guess it a special type of tint for outside. But I made sure they were tinted the charcoal color.

What kind/size of wheel and tire are you using?

I'm was using 20inch NItto 555R 305/20/45 DRAG RADIALS

Did you paint the side rocker panel covers and the lower rear bumper cover?

Also, which tail light covers did you use?

Any more pics??

Pleeaassee!!!!!!

yes I did paint both. Im planning a for shot this weekend so I should have more shots..

Looks sick!

I'm sure I'm wrong, probably the way your rotors are made, but unless you know for sure, double check to be sure they are on the correct side of the car, most I've looked at, the slots angle the opposite way, and if they are on the wrong side, they won't cool properly if they have directional vanes inside... I'm far from an expert on this though!

There's is no vains inside so it will work the same way.

-What brand film did you use for the lights?

-Also I see you DO NOT have HID's, how do the standard lights project with the tinted film?

I installed 8000k HID on the car, I hated the factory one on my 08. I'll find out about the headlight tint paper,

GUYS THANKS A FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS,,

• 3 weeks later...

As you guys know, I sold my 08 Vapor Gt500 and bought a 2010 BLKonBLK Gt500 to match my 93 cobra. I had 3 weeks toinstalled all my gooddies back onthe 2010 so I can run her on bradenton.What slow us down was that we had a 5 day delay due to the paint shop.:cuss:But the credit goes out to Alex,Carlos at MOBILE MOD PERFORMANCE.rockon.gif I had to work my regular 60 hours shifts and work on the car in the morning.I was able to but 295 miles on here before the dyno.

Brandenton was my first time driving her down the 1320. I only was able to get 2 pratice runs before the true street class started. My first run I was able to pull out a 10.87@133 with 20 in Bald NITTO drag radials(LONG STORY why I didnt have new tires for this event:fm:) I'm still please with the results. Im sure with some new 20in drag radials I can run somewhere in the 10.60s range. Maybe I'll slap some bogarts and get a race tune on her and see what happens:idea:

SPECIAL THANKS TO: LETHAL PERFORMANCE(Matt/Jared) & STEEDA for going out of there way to find all the parts to get her done...

These #'s are on 93 pump gas/TUNED BY PAUL MIESTER@TORQ which did amazing job on get her done the day before bradenton.:beer:

DynoJet Numbers (for those of you who care):

748.2RWHP/680RWTQ (SAE CORRECTED)

782/711 (SAE NO WEATHER CORRECTION)

Mustang Dyno Numbers:

690RWHP/640RWTQ (SAE CORRECTED)

717RWHP/685RWTQ (SAE NO WEATHER CORRECTION)

Here are some quick pics for now,

2.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

4.jpg

DSC04454.jpg

Bradenton.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

I will post some pics of the build when I a chance. We started the build with 27 miles on her. She has 480 miles know:D

Archived