TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interior Dash Trim Kits

90GT

post-6180-1168824080_thumb.jpgpost-6180-1168824114_thumb.jpgpost-6180-1168824149_thumb.jpgpost-6180-1168824181_thumb.jpg

Ok guys, my car came with the interior upgrade package and the dark metalic dash trim. The rest of the interior is dark charcoal. The combo makes for one dark and very stark interior. Do get me wrong, I love the way it looks, I just want to add some flash to it. I could add some billett aluminum pieces but I don't really cherish the idea of taking apart my brand new car.

What I'm thinking of is an overlay kit like this: (not the wood finish)

wd580_lg.jpg

I'm thinking of a brushed aluminum or black carbon fiber finish.

Finish Examples

It attaches using 3M tape. I'm worried about the durability of the pieces, I don't want it to come off in the hot summer sun. Would you do it???

post-6180-1168824080_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1168824114_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1168824149_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1168824181_thumb.jpg

Rob - I like your two color seats. I asked your "tent mate" about having my seats done that way - he said I'd have to have the leather replaced.

But - I do like my carbon fibre looking dash panels better than stainless.

Just my humble opinion.

I'm gonna leave mine be. :shift:

post-4913-1168832285_thumb.jpg

post-4913-1168832285_thumb.jpg

I'm not too keen on it either, that's why I was asking. I was concerned that it wouldn't stay put and then the factory piece under it would be trashed from the 3M tape residue. What bothers me the most about my car is the door panel. It's all black except for the door pull handle. Oh well, guess I'll just leave it be for now.

I would leave it.

I love our GT/CS interior. SEE below.

Your interior looks nice Rob. You have some color contrast with the two tone colors. Mines all black including the seats so it looks a little stark.

Rob - I like your two color seats. I asked your "tent mate" about having my seats done that way - he said I'd have to have the leather replaced.

But - I do like my carbon fibre looking dash panels better than stainless.

Just my humble opinion.

I'm gonna leave mine be. :shift:

You have the same dash setup that I do Ruf. I like it a lot better than the bright finish panel. It does look a little like carbon fiber which is why I was looking at the carbon fiber accent pieces.

Oh and the Hurst shifter is also on my to do list.

Adding contrast isn't something I need to do (If I could ever figure out how to post pictures here, I would show you why). I would think very long and hard before going with a adhesive backed cover. Cars are a terrible environment for an adhesive to work for a long time. The plastic color will also be exposed to the light, heat, and cold and will fade. It takes a lot of engineering to make the vinyls, plastics, & carbon fiber coloring agents resist these hazards. Also, if you have to remove them, what are you left with?

No one else around here seems to like the idea of painting the mirrors - and brackets - but I'm very happy I had mine done.

Yeah but I just have visions of the stuff cracking and falling off with time. Then the stock parts under it would be trashed from the glue and I'd have one big mess.

Yeah but I just have visions of the stuff cracking and falling off with time. Then the stock parts under it would be trashed from the glue and I'd have one big mess.

The slip ons are durable and if they go bad, replace them. Mine were only $75 for the pair.

Archived