TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1984 Shelby Charger is now Junked

Our local "Pick-N-Pull" Automotive Salvage Yard has recently gotten in a 1984 Shelby Charger. It is Silver with Blue. Looks like it has sat for many Years before ending up there. If it has not been Crushed by the time I go back, I will try to get the VIN# and get the Data Plate off of it.

There are about 6 J yards in the LA/OC/IE area of SoCal that i have been picking thru for 25+ years. In my experience, most cars of any era hit the yards when they are 10-15 years old. Back in the mid to late 90's nearly every time I went yarding, there was a Shelby Dodge of some variant in one of the yards. Now they are very scarce as they all are over 20 years old. I *rarely* see and Shelby Chargers anymore in the yards. Are you planning to pull any parts on your return trip? I need a front nose and bumper for my brother's 'Shelby Charger look" Rampage but shipping a large item like that would probably be very expensive. If it could be done for $300. or so I'd be willing if you are :mail: PM me if there is a possibility. I've asked the local gang already and although there are a few guys with 'spares' they are saving them for thier own projects...

Alan

One item always worth getting from a junked Shelby Charger or Charger GLHS is the front fender extensions that are found on the lower part of the front fender where the airdam meets it. These are getting more difficult to find in good shape, and are well worth pulling (small and easy to store/ship).

• 5 months later...

Archived