TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stupid garden rake fell on the Shelby

wmoore

I was chipping ice on my driveway this week end and a leaf rake fell on the back trunk lid and bumber stripes of the Shelby. The scratches don't seem to deep and with Showcars help I have some supplies on the way to get it fixed. Showcar was great and his customer service is outstanding! I sent him an e-mail and instead of a reply; he gives me a call to explain in detail the best way to go about removing the damage. First class service!! Now, come on Fed-Ex and get the stuff here.

What was the solution? I had a similar thing happen with a rake, first one of the ends put a tiny dent on the metal above the passenger side rear window. (I've tried everything to pop it out) and the rake bounced and scraped the back stripes.

Steve (Showcar) is a great guy, I bought his wheels and his service and knowledge was refreshing. Thanks and good luck!

Jim

What was the solution? I had a similar thing happen with a rake, first one of the ends put a tiny dent on the metal above the passenger side rear window. (I've tried everything to pop it out) and the rake bounced and scraped the back stripes.

Steve (Showcar) is a great guy, I bought his wheels and his service and knowledge was refreshing. Thanks and good luck!

Jim

Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) works incredibly well on small dents. I had several door dings removed from my car; can't even tell where they were. Good Luck !!

Jim

I was lucky and the rake didn't dent the car. I bought a Porter Cable buffer kit and a scratch and swirl remover from Steve. First, I will practice on a old car and then try to buff out the paint on the Shelby. I'm gonna try the scratch and swirl remover, by hand with very gentle pressure, hoping for the best. Otherwise, I will have to replace the stripes on the back bumper. I can't feel the scratches with my finger nail so, I think it will be ok. The kit should be here tomorow....I hope.

Are these malfunctioning rakes made by Toyota by chance?

LMAO @ mustangtom

but anyway whats with all these rake issues? who stores a rake next to thier SGTs? might as well hang a shovel next to it while ur at it. or maybe even a pickaxe.

come on guys. yard tools belong in a tool shed, not the garage.poke.gif

Showcar has helped me with similar "moments"... good guy, for sure!

Jer

Archived