TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Negative to owning a Super Snake

I have concluded the biggest probelm about a Super Snake! No one will race me now!! I used to have every guy in every kinda car pull up next to me and want to go before I sent the car to Shelby! Now I have had the car for almost a year and not a single bite. Nada! Nothing. Its like a have the plague. Guys in Vette's will not even look over at me going down the highway! Anyone else have this problem?? What good is all that power if you never get to blast anyone???

I have concluded the biggest probelm about a Super Snake! No one will race me now!! I used to have every guy in every kinda car pull up next to me and want to go before I sent the car to Shelby! Now I have had the car for almost a year and not a single bite. Nada! Nothing. Its like a have the plague. Guys in Vette's will not even look over at me going down the highway! Anyone else have this problem?? What good is all that power if you never get to blast anyone???

I have the same problem in my GT.

Lee are you going to do the Texas Mile this month???

Oh I raced a couple motorcycles went I first got mine. The word must be out because I have never had another bike challenge me.

Your sure right about the corvette guys they don't even look your way.

John

Lee are you going to do the Texas Mile this month???

Oh I raced a couple motorcycles went I first got mine. The word must be out because I have never had another bike challenge me.

Your sure right about the corvette guys they don't even look your way.

John

Yes, but I am leaving the SS at home this time since I still have not installed a rollcage. My goal is trying to get the GT past the mark I set with the SS last event. You coming out? I am trying to talk Van into bringing his 910hp beast out and lettin her run, but I think he is scared of running it with us Texans! :)

I have the same problem. :dance:

I have more people try to race me when I am in my GT than my SS. I figured it must be either the black stripes or the hood. I of coarse do not support street racing either, but a little flick of the skinny pedal when someone pulls up next to you is hard to resist!

Yes, but I am leaving the SS at home this time since I still have not installed a rollcage. My goal is trying to get the GT past the mark I set with the SS last event. You coming out? I am trying to talk Van into bringing his 910hp beast out and lettin her run, but I think he is scared of running it with us Texans! :)

No Lee!!!! I simply don't want to injure some of those fragile ego's when my car goes 205 MPH!!! :hysterical:

In better times it would not be issue. Gotta watch the dollars and SENSE.

VC

No Lee!!!! I simply don't want to injure some of those fragile ego's when my car goes 205 MPH!!! :hysterical:

In better times it would not be issue. Gotta watch the dollars and SENSE.

VC

I can not believe the guy that just built a car that put 910 hp at the tires is talking about "SENCE". Thats funny!

I do understand about the Mile. Its a long trip from Florida and not a cheap one at that. I also agree with your number. Bet your car would do 205, Of coarse thats with me driving it. I think you might get scared at 170!

I can not believe the guy that just built a car that put 910 hp at the tires is talking about "SENCE". Thats funny!

I do understand about the Mile. Its a long trip from Florida and not a cheap one at that. I also agree with your number. Bet your car would do 205, Of coarse thats with me driving it. I think you might get scared at 170!

I guess you forgot that the stock motor let go at 193 MPH at Daytona in a turn on banking and not in a straight line! I ain't skeered! :hysterical:

I guess you forgot that the stock motor let go at 193 MPH at Daytona in a turn on banking and not in a straight line! I ain't skeered! :hysterical:

I heard it blew it up when you were driving it in the "Annual Florida Gay Rodeo Association Parade" because you accedentially filled it up with Diesel. The whole Daytona track story sounds more impressive, but I know the real truth! Your buddy Hank told me all about it! Here is the proof! http://www.fgra.org/ Tell me thats not you in the hat!!! :superhero:

I heard it blew it up when you were driving it in the "Annual Florida Gay Rodeo Association Parade" because you accedentially filled it up with Diesel. The whole Daytona track story sounds more impressive, but I know the real truth! Your buddy Hank told me all about it! Here is the proof! http://www.fgra.org/ Tell me thats not you in the hat!!! :superhero:

Dammit man! You and Hank are both hard of hearing! I said, "Goat Rodeo" not Gay Rodeo!!!!! :hysterical:

I heard it blew it up when you were driving it in the "Annual Florida Gay Rodeo Association Parade" because you accedentially filled it up with Diesel. The whole Daytona track story sounds more impressive, but I know the real truth! Your buddy Hank told me all about it! Here is the proof! http://www.fgra.org/ Tell me thats not you in the hat!!! superhero.gif

That is insanely funny. I can't believe that it even exists. How are you familiar with that organization? hahahahah

I refuse to click on that link! Some things I simply want to stay ignorant of!

Lee, Im your huckleberry....pull up on me sometime and I'll let you edge out my slower vert...You cant be that much faster than me, even with those 400s you got in the back... :hysterical:

Are you guys free on april 10th? Ive got a great drive planned out in the hill country...I promise the best roads Texas has to offer!

I refuse to click on that link! Some things I simply want to stay ignorant of!

Lee, Im your huckleberry....pull up on me sometime and I'll let you edge out my slower vert...You cant be that much faster than me, even with those 400s you got in the back... :hysterical:

Are you guys free on april 10th? Ive got a great drive planned out in the hill country...I promise the best roads Texas has to offer!

We should do a SA dragstrip night in Marion. I have a few guys here that would be up for that! I will see what April looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

not sure about that.My GT-500 was putting down 660rwhp with the stage-3 KB kit before backing of to 640ish, same as the SS kit. My Z06 would still walk it all day long, my GT-R absolutelys destroys it and the Z06.after that i sold both cars.

not sure about that.My GT-500 was putting down 660rwhp with the stage-3 KB kit before backing of to 640ish, same as the SS kit. My Z06 would still walk it all day long, my GT-R absolutelys destroys it and the Z06.after that i sold both cars.

AWD, you gotta love it!! Traction is great!!

I wonder what a 725 Super Snake would do if it had AWD and still weighed its current 4K lbs.? Heck, since it is documented that a 725 Super Snake will run high 10's @134mph with treaded M/T Street E.T. 's at this same 4K lbs. and a low 3800 rpm launch, I wonder what 725 would be capable of with Slicks, real Drag Slicks?!?!? Low 10's, 140?

Once traction in the 725 is achieved, I can't think of many cars (as provided by their builder) that can boast of acceleration levels, g-force, pin you back in the seat, what ever you want to call it, that are in the 10's/130mph+ catagory, maybe the new ZR1?<<Does it weigh 4K?

R

Mine put down 736 at the tire and with the 335 meats in the back it hooks pretty good now. If my GT will not walk it then I seriously doubt a ZO6 would. Off the line I would agree that AWD is tough to beat, but in a quarter mile I put my money on my SS. From what I remeber the GTR puts down an 11.6 ET and the ZO6 was a 12.0 ET.

Off the line I would agree that AWD is tough to beat, but in a quarter mile I put my money on my SS. From what I remeber the GTR puts down an 11.6 ET and the ZO6 was a 12.0 ET.

Your exactly right. Those times are basically achievable by the 10 & 11 GT500 with new tires only...

(and a good driver). Those who don't have the skill will always make hip shot comments like this from their own biased experience. After this type of comment I wait for the next words out of their mouth...

"Don't give me the engineering or statistical data either, I've driven both" That's like underestimating the value of money in business, when that's how business people keep score.

Off the line I would agree that AWD is tough to beat, but in a quarter mile I put my money on my SS. From what I remeber the GTR puts down an 11.6 ET and the ZO6 was a 12.0 ET.

Your exactly right. Those times are basically achievable by the 10 & 11 GT500 with new tires only...

(and a good driver). Those who don't have the skill will always make hip shot comments like this from their own biased experience. After this type of comment I wait for the next words out of their mouth...

"Don't give me the engineering or statistical data either, I've driven both" That's like underestimating the value of money in business, when that's how business people keep score.

I agree, driver experience as well as traction are the keys to good 1/4 mile times and these items as well as power to weight ratio are the determining factor. 3800-4000lbs at 500h.p. and 3800-4000 at 725h.p. are two completely different worlds, so it is back to traction and the driver capabilities.

BTW jsarkis, what number 725 Super Snake do (did) you own?

R

I agree, driver experience as well as traction are the keys to good 1/4 mile times and these items as well as power to weight ratio are the determining factor. 3800-4000lbs at 500h.p. and 3800-4000 at 725h.p. are two completely different worlds, so it is back to traction and the driver capabilities.

BTW jsarkis, what number 725 Super Snake do (did) you own?

R

I've never owned a SS. I was commenting on what Lee N. typed, sorry for the confusion.

Archived