TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GAUGE CLUSTER

Hello all,

I have had a few ponys now and have tinkered some with the electronics. I found a SVT (GT 500) gauge cluster that was very close to my actual milage and threw it in. You can also purchase these from your dealer, they are considered an upgrade so the cluster center will program a new cluster with your milage and send it off for you. You will have to send back a gauge cluster back but if you have even a v6 cluster is will work as the core; I have done it twice without problems.

There are a lot of people that say you have to take the car to the dealer to have the "as bulilt" data loaded into the cluster, but I have done this like I said, twice before and this is not true. The only thing you will have to do is re-program your TPMS sensors which is very easy and the training tool is only about $30.00.

I talked to my Ford mechanic and he was also suprised that this worked without any programing, but it has in all three of my pony's.

The new gauge looks awesome, the only hitch is the boost gauge does not work, and you volt gauge is now a light and not a meter. A acceptable trade off to have the 160 mph speedo and the SVT gauges.

Hope this helps some people looking to upgrade your gauges.

Thanks

Do you have a photo of the install? Does the cluster include everything needed for the boost gauge?

I did this install as well, with a 6 instrument cluster, that I puchased from Ford. ($234 i think, with core swap) It is very simple, I looked for a install sheet but I don't have one. It is very simple, pull off the surrounding trim around the gauges. Unscrew the 4 bolts, pull out and unplug. Plug in the new gauges and reinstall the trim. When I purchased mine, they asked for mileage to input in the new one... it was very simple.

I bought these because mine didn't come with Mycolor gauges and I really wanted them. If you need a picture, I can take one and post it. Let me know Ken.

Jim

Do you have a photo of the install? Does the cluster include everything needed for the boost gauge?

I can post pics when I get back home next week. As far as the boost gauge working, you would probably need to have the GT 500 wire harnes , or program you PCM to receive the boost from a sending unit. The guage cluster gets its reads from the PCM, so if you were able to program the PCM to receive the boost sending unit it should work with no problem. I would just use an accessory gauge anyway, like the Shelby or Ford Racing gauge; it looks cooler in my opinion.

Thanks,

Joe

I did this install as well, with a 6 instrument cluster, that I puchased from Ford. ($234 i think, with core swap) It is very simple, I looked for a install sheet but I don't have one. It is very simple, pull off the surrounding trim around the gauges. Unscrew the 4 bolts, pull out and unplug. Plug in the new gauges and reinstall the trim. When I purchased mine, they asked for mileage to input in the new one... it was very simple.

I bought these because mine didn't come with Mycolor gauges and I really wanted them. If you need a picture, I can take one and post it. Let me know Ken.

Jim

I'd like to see pics of the install, if you have any. I know what the cluster looks like installed, but if you had any pics of you making the swap, I'd love to see them. Thanks Jim.

Ken

Archived