TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New ShelbyOwner

poolhustler

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2007 GT as a daily driver. I have a couple of questions that I hope you all can help me with.

1. What is the largest size wheel/tire combo that will fit without rubbing or other issues? 20" x 10" ?

2. Will the front hood pin cables cause rub marks over time? I would like to get rid of them, but then the pins would probably disappear!!!

3. Is there a replacement pin system, like a push lock and twist type that can replace the stock ones?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

Russ.....

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a 2007 GT as a daily driver. I have a couple of questions that I hope you all can help me with.

1. What is the largest size wheel/tire combo that will fit without rubbing or other issues? 20" x 10" ?

2. Will the front hood pin cables cause rub marks over time? I would like to get rid of them, but then the pins would probably disappear!!!

3. Is there a replacement pin system, like a push lock and twist type that can replace the stock ones?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

Russ.....

Congrats!!!!!

Hopefully you picked the fastest color WHITE :happy feet: :happy feet:

1. 20x10 work, I would go staggered, actually I already did.

2. I have had no issues with the Cables Rubbing. For a little while I did tuck the cables under the hood because they were broken.

3. I believe there are a few option, I updated to the 2008 Shelby GT pins, much nicer than the 2007, but still have the Cables.

You will love this car, one of the best used car deals on the Market in my opinion. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Congrats!!!!!

Hopefully you picked the fastest color WHITE :happy feet: :happy feet:

1. 20x10 work, I would go staggered, actually I already did.

2. I have had no issues with the Cables Rubbing. For a little while I did tuck the cables under the hood because they were broken.

3. I believe there are a few option, I updated to the 2008 Shelby GT pins, much nicer than the 2007, but still have the Cables.

You will love this car, one of the best used car deals on the Market in my opinion. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well, unfortunately I got the slower color ~ Black!!!! But I still love it :) I took it out for a spin up the canyon today and had a blast.

The car only had 5800 miles on it and I do think I got a great deal on it.

If you don't mind, what are the offsets you have? The stock wheel/tires just dont fill out the rear wheel wells very nice.

I have searched and searched for better hood pin options and found nothing. I will just upgrade to the billet aluminum anodized ones and call it a day.

Thanks,

Russ......

Russ,

I am not to sure what Off-set I have, I bought my wheels through Michael Morris, he is a stand up member on this board. Reach out to him, his price will be good and he will make sure you get the right off-set. Mine are perfect, to me they are exactly what the car needs.

Good luck and again welcome to the forum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ welcome to the family.

The cables over time wore my hood but was buffed out just fine. Consider the KR pins. I'm not sure they are a direct replacement but I don't see why not.

Re tires I think the max is 315's but I forget the offset too. I had 305's in but they rubbed so I need to find the same offset wheels.

Let me know if Either of you end up wanting to sell your cables as I could use a backup set.

Bill I'm heading to Tasca this Saturday to chat with Dennis and see Michael (Wicked) let me know if you care to join. Plus I also want to see that beast of yours.

Well, unfortunately I got the slower color ~ Black!!!! But I still love it smile.gif I took it out for a spin up the canyon today and had a blast.

The car only had 5800 miles on it and I do think I got a great deal on it.

If you don't mind, what are the offsets you have? The stock wheel/tires just dont fill out the rear wheel wells very nice.

I have searched and searched for better hood pin options and found nothing. I will just upgrade to the billet aluminum anodized ones and call it a day.

Thanks,

Russ......

Russ,

Welcome aboard!...and trust me, you got the best color.

From personal experience I had 20x10's all the way around when I got my car (I'm the 2nd owner but it only had 800 miles on it.) I preferred the originals so I put those back on. The 20x10's fit beautifully and the chrome wheels are awesome, I just prefer the black originals. I have some pic's if you want to see what yous would look like....actually I still have the wheels and tires if you're interested - thought I might put them back on some day but that's not going to happen.

John

Russ welcome to the family.

The cables over time wore my hood but was buffed out just fine. Consider the KR pins. I'm not sure they are a direct replacement but I don't see why not.

Re tires I think the max is 315's but I forget the offset too. I had 305's in but they rubbed so I need to find the same offset wheels.

Let me know if Either of you end up wanting to sell your cables as I could use a backup set.

Bill I'm heading to Tasca this Saturday to chat with Dennis and see Michael (Wicked) let me know if you care to join. Plus I also want to see that beast of yours.

Hi Adam,

Today I ordered the new Billet aluminum hood pins. I am going to keep the stock ones in case I ever want to put them back on. I am in Los Angeles so no visiting Tasca for me :(

Here are a couple pics of my baby!!

DSC03003.jpg

DSC02995.jpg

Well, unfortunately I got the slower color ~ Black!!!! But I still love it :) I took it out for a spin up the canyon today and had a blast.

Hey Russ, the guys with the white ones just think they're faster............ you done right!

Have a great day!

Hello everyone,

Russ.....

Here is a Shelby Wheel web site to select wheels and offset /

Also important information in regards to fitment over larger brake packages down the road.

http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/

Don't rule out any sources, funny thing is I found my CS69's on sales at Jegs.com

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

John what kind and color?

Adam,

Here's some info:

Tires:20 Inch Nitto NT555 Tires; 285/30ZR20 99W Wheels:BOSS Motorsport Rims; 338 20x10 Chrome; Acorn Lugs Center caps

Let me know if you want to see a pic.

John

Archived