TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another Noise Question

I have a 2010 GT500 Shelby with about 2800 miles. The car has recently started making a squeak, squeak type noise seemingly coming from the left rear tire. Don't know if it has anything to do with it but I also had this rim replaced by the dealer shortly after delivery as it had a couple of chips in the finish from the factory. Didn't seem to have the noise before that. Anyway, at very low speeds, 10-20 miles per hour sometimes get a squeak, squeak noise as the tire rotates. Then goes away as the speed is increased. No squeak at higher speeds, no squeak on the highway. Any ideas of the cause, anybody else have this?

Thanks,

Chris

I have a 2010 GT500 Shelby with about 2800 miles. The car has recently started making a squeak, squeak type noise seemingly coming from the left rear tire. Don't know if it has anything to do with it but I also had this rim replaced by the dealer shortly after delivery as it had a couple of chips in the finish from the factory. Didn't seem to have the noise before that. Anyway, at very low speeds, 10-20 miles per hour sometimes get a squeak, squeak noise as the tire rotates. Then goes away as the speed is increased. No squeak at higher speeds, no squeak on the highway. Any ideas of the cause, anybody else have this?

Thanks,

Chris

The first thing I'd check is to see if all five lug-nuts are tight!

A loose wheel makes that sound.

And as someone else already said, so does a hub/center cap.

I'd be more concerned about a loose wheel though!

Phill Pollard

I had the same problem on my 2010, except it was coming from the right side. Low speed 10 - 20 mph and more pronounced on sweeping corners. The squeak was consistent with the rotation speed of the wheel. Took it to the dealer about a month ago. They were able to reproduce the noise, but they didn't find anything. After putting it back together and tightening it up, the sound hasn't come back.

I did some searching on this forum before going to the dealer. There was another thread in this section that described the same symptoms. In that case, it turned out to be an axle flange that was causing the axle runout to be out of spec.

My link

• 2 weeks later...

I had the bent axle.

1st replacement was bent, too.

2nd replacement fixed the problem.

Ford has a serious quality issue with the axles.

Ensure the tech measures the runout after it's all back together and that you see the fluid plus Ford XL-3 friction modifier on the paperwork. The axle is the same as the GT and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Archived