TEAM SHELBY FORUM

some rev limiter questions

Searching to see if this was addressed, led me to a second question, so lets see if anybody has some answers here....

1. In time, I plan on adding forced induction of some kind, but a concern, is that the wife (and maybe the kids someday) will drive this car, and I'm curious if just setting the rev limiter down to 4500 or something could keep them out of trouble/danger without doing damage to the car? I assume this could be done with whatever programmer is used to tune the car pretty easily.... but not sure if the rev limiter kills spark, fuel or both in our cars, and not sure if the implications of bouncing off that limiter are any worse with forced induction or not... any thought?

2. an old thread talked about better harmonic balancers (crank dampeners) being used on bullitts to get 6500 rpm redlines instead of our 6250 limit currently, anybody have any experience with this?

Searching to see if this was addressed, led me to a second question, so lets see if anybody has some answers here....

1. In time, I plan on adding forced induction of some kind, but a concern, is that the wife (and maybe the kids someday) will drive this car, and I'm curious if just setting the rev limiter down to 4500 or something could keep them out of trouble/danger without doing damage to the car? I assume this could be done with whatever programmer is used to tune the car pretty easily.... but not sure if the rev limiter kills spark, fuel or both in our cars, and not sure if the implications of bouncing off that limiter are any worse with forced induction or not... any thought?

2. an old thread talked about better harmonic balancers (crank dampeners) being used on bullitts to get 6500 rpm redlines instead of our 6250 limit currently, anybody have any experience with this?

I don't know how changing the limiter would affect tune etc... but, I can tell you that my car drives "easier" now than it did before. The throttle response seems to make even acceleration easier. If you want to boost, not sure what it would be like stopping at 4500...

edit*** BTW, this thing is scary-fast at 2500 RPM up, say 3rd gear at 4000, very fast!

yeah.... sounds like it'll just be a car they don't drive then lol... although if i stick with the turbo plans i can just run a boost controller to get the car back down to 350ish for other drivers i guess... just more money right??? :)

Archived