TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Are you like me waiting ofr my 2008 Shelby GT500 ?

1970boss302

Well the year has started and I am first on the list for the 2008 Shelby GT500

Hoping to see it this fall white with blue strips.

java script:emoticon(':hyper:', 'smid_11')

:hyper:

Tell if your waiting also and what your getting on your Shelby GT500 ??

Well the year has started and I am first on the list for the 2008 Shelby GT500

Hoping to see it this fall white with blue strips.

java script:emoticon(':hyper:', 'smid_11')

:hyper:

Tell if your waiting also and what your getting on your Shelby GT500 ??

Good Luck. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

HSURB :shrug:

I am waiting for an 08 yes, but no one will order one for me for msrp so I will just wait until they sit on the lots and will take msrp. I just hope I find the combo of colors and options that I want!

I was fortunate to find a Dealer that will sell me a Shelby GT500 for MSRP.

This thread is about a 2008 model! Can put a returnable deposit down, but not able to order yet.

Five Oh said that the 2008 allotment letters are not out yet. They are assumming that they are getting 1 or 2, and that is fine. Some dealers that got 1 last year might get none this year per my dealer!

I was "first on the list" at a small non-SVT, non-PA winner dealership for a 2007 Shelby GT500 at MSRP. Then was told that the first one would go to the dealership owner ( Was told later that he got a Vista Blue coupe with Tungsten stripes ) anyway, it now looks like I am "first on the list" for a 2008 at MSRP.

I'm beginning to wonder what "first on the list" means.

Good Luck to us all.

DLW

:banana piano: I'm first on list and have been paying 300 week refundable since Nov 6 06, I can't wait to get car and cruise her home, Those cars are great to have and share like LSR did for my family. Hope to return the favor to someone else SOON, I'm already planning on upgrades and my wife says I'm nuts for paying on a car that I don't have yet, I tell her if they don't build it then there's always someone who has one for sale, Gotta have the New one Guy, I'll buy it and have money left over for fun stuff!! Tires, gears, beer's Oh my, Later have fun Mickey :drop:

I was "first on the list" at a small non-SVT, non-PA winner dealership for a 2007 Shelby GT500 at MSRP. Then was told that the first one would go to the dealership owner ( Was told later that he got a Vista Blue coupe with Tungsten stripes ) anyway, it now looks like I am "first on the list" for a 2008 at MSRP.

I'm beginning to wonder what "first on the list" means.

Good Luck to us all.

DLW

We were told that all dealers would get same allocation for '07 and '08--we are getting two this year. One has been delivered and the other is scheduled for 1/29/07 Coupe/Blue with white stripe.

As far as lists go. Yes we started with a "LIST" of wannas and then took the first two resonalble offers and they put up money to secure they would get one. no more list for 2007--have a list for 2008 and soon as we get to start ordering all on the lists will be contacted. also have a short list for the "Shelby GT" for 2007,but have not priced this puppy yet. ebay is reporting between $1,500 and $5,000 over for this car--only 6,000 of them, so it will be hot too i do believe. Not like the GT500,but hot.

Bud

As far as lists go. Yes we started with a "LIST" of wannas and then took the first two resonalble offers and they put up money to secure they would get one. no more list for 2007--have a list for 2008 and soon as we get to start ordering all on the lists will be contacted. also have a short list for the "Shelby GT" for 2007,but have not priced this puppy yet. ebay is reporting between $1,500 and $5,000 over for this car--only 6,000 of them, so it will be hot too i do believe. Not like the GT500,but hot.

Bud

First Off Don't Come on here and insult people who put their names on list expecting to be treated fairly by certain dealerships, which in turn got screwed over by that same dealer... and CALL THEM WANNAS.

They are not WANNAS cuz they would not pay your 25-30K Over MSRP. They WANNA Kept their own money in their own pocket !!! And by saying that you ACT as if they are not good enough for this car, if they wont pay YOUR price for it.

First two reasonable offers my :censored::finger: you mean the two people that would pay the most for your two cars... :doh::hysterical::banghead:

And what do you mean you havent priced the Shelby GT... The MSRP price has already been set. Ohh wait you ment the BUDFORD GOUGE... :finger::finger:

To Quote the Movie "The Incredibles"

FLY HOME BUDDY :hysterical2:

We were told that all dealers would get same allocation for '07 and '08--we are getting two this year. One has been delivered and the other is scheduled for 1/29/07 Coupe/Blue with white stripe.

Bud

Gee Bud.

Maybe I should explain further.

When Ford Motor Company announced that they would actually produce the Shelby GT500, I called the local dealerships and found that most already had a "LIST of wannas" at about 10 to 20 deep (yeah, that many people on each list) and then I emailed a dealership that was not so local, and not as well known in the area. When they answered my email with "Thank you for your interest in the 2007 Shelby GT(500) and Congratulations on being the 1st one on the waiting list!". I drove down the next day and spoke directly with the new car sales manager who incidently, didn't know what I was talking about when I spoke of the Shelby GT500, so I had to explain it to him. (Everytime I said Shelby GT500 he kept looking at the GT40 they had sitting in their show room) :doh:

Anyway, I paid the deposit required by this dealership and had paperwork drawn up stating "#1 on list for Shelby Mustang GT(500)", "To be sold at MSRP at time of delivery."

Okay, so let me see...according to you, Bud. You make a list, and then take the 1st two "resonalble" (your spelling, not mine) can I safely assume the two highest, offers? You, Bud, in your own words have made the point to my earlier post, thank you.

DLW

• 2 weeks later...

Bud

The longer I wait for the 2008 Shelby GT500. The more I wonder if it is just

an over priced car that will never really become a collector that the older

Shelby cars are. After all they did not produce that many of the older Shelby's.

Maybe I should wait or buy a Shelby GT or Boss ?? What are your thoughts??

Archived