TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which is in higher demand?

From what I understand, there were fewer 70s models built as far as the Fastback including the Boss and Mach I.

What was different between the standard and deluxe fastbacks?

Thanks !

From what I understand, there were fewer 70s models built as far as the Fastback including the Boss and Mach I.

What was different between the standard and deluxe fastbacks?

Thanks !

For Christmas my Niece got me "The Complete Book of Mustang - Every Model since 1964 1/2". It's a great book, runs thru 2007 model year. Wish it had a VIN decoder though. Here are some production numbers:

1969:

Total Mustangs = 299,036

Mach 1 = 72,458

Boss 302 = 1,628

Boss 429 = 857

1970:

Total Mustangs = 191,522

Mach 1 = 40,970

Boss 302 = 7,013

Boss 429 = 499

The book does not give further breakdown of the SportsRoof (i.e. the Fastback) model. It does not go into specifics of the differences between the standard or deluxe model either, does not even mention them. Does list optional equipment though.

I have an old Mustang book, Mustang Does It!, published in 1978, that might help you. According to this book, they list production numbers from Ford Motor Company as follows:

1969: total production 299,824 with the SportsRoof model (fastback) broken down as 56,022 code 63A and 5,958 code 63B (luxury or delux)

1970: total production 190,727 with the SportsRoof models broken down as 39,670 with code 63A and 6,464 with code 63B

Based on those numbers alone, I guess you could say that the 1969 fastback with the delux interior was the rarest.....but, then you would have to look at options such as how many were GT's, color, and the list goes on and on......

Hope this helps

Thanks for all of the great responses ! I was really interested to see which year was more popular by Mustang enthusiasts. I prefer the '69 fastback but if I came across a great deal on a '70 fastback, I wonder if there would be any takers on a trade.

. I prefer the '69 fastback but if I came across a great deal on a '70 fastback, I wonder if there would be any takers on a trade.

I too prefer the 69's I love the four head lamps, and the scoops in the rear quarter panels.

Although I have a great idea for that little blue coupe in your sig Ed, it sure would make a super cool vintage racer, been getting a bug to build one *hint* *hint* :poke:

cc67.jpg

Man, I think I have been spending too much time on Corner Carvers website, anyhoo, I also have someone looking at getting a mutli membership to the track we just went to, sooooooooo, how about that coupe there Ed :poke:

Of course a Cougar could possibly work too.

How nice it would be to do some HSR events :)

Jeff

I think the 1969 MY is tops with its 4 headlights. Just looks mean with the huge black grill :) But then again I am partially prejudiced.

+1

But then again I am prejudiced as well, as I have my 1969 428CJ Mach1 parked next to my 2009 GT500 vert.

I really need to upload some pictures..... :baby: (I figured it out.....) :happy feet:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived