TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Groans, Rattles and Dealer gripes

Hi all

First post on this board. You all are very knowledgeable and informative so I was hoping someone might be able to help with some noise coming from my 2010 GT500.

First, there is a "groan" coming from the front end when making slow turns around corners, but it doesnt seem to happen when turning the steering wheel while the car is not moving. The dealer said this was normal and that the brembo brakes were the cause (doesnt seem correct to me)

Second, there is a rattle coming from the dash right around 1100 RPM, in every gear. I also asked the dealer to check, maybe grease the cable thinking that might be the cause. They responded that this too was normal and literally said it was a 'feature' of the car. Yeah, dont think so.

I brought the car in for its first oil change and asked to have these things checked. Used to be with my '03 Cobra that you got special treatment because of SVT - loaner if you needed it, free car wash etc. Not anymore, guess the economy took its toll. Needless to say not going back to this dealer even for oil changes given they didnt put the effort into fixing the other problems.

Thanks for hearing the rant, any help on the noises would be greatly appreciated

Hi all

First post on this board. You all are very knowledgeable and informative so I was hoping someone might be able to help with some noise coming from my 2010 GT500.

First, there is a "groan" coming from the front end when making slow turns around corners, but it doesnt seem to happen when turning the steering wheel while the car is not moving. The dealer said this was normal and that the brembo brakes were the cause (doesnt seem correct to me)

Second, there is a rattle coming from the dash right around 1100 RPM, in every gear. I also asked the dealer to check, maybe grease the cable thinking that might be the cause. They responded that this too was normal and literally said it was a 'feature' of the car. Yeah, dont think so.

I brought the car in for its first oil change and asked to have these things checked. Used to be with my '03 Cobra that you got special treatment because of SVT - loaner if you needed it, free car wash etc. Not anymore, guess the economy took its toll. Needless to say not going back to this dealer even for oil changes given they didnt put the effort into fixing the other problems.

Thanks for hearing the rant, any help on the noises would be greatly appreciated

The rattle is not common or a feature of the car. The groan is something that has been well documented on mustang gt's, but I haven't heard of it on 2010. This is usually due to a control arm or strut bushing. I am sure someone else will have more insight. There is a helpful TSB listing that might help as well. It's stickied on one of the forums here.

Respectfully,

Roger

Archived