TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A GT500KR WTF were they thinking??

They should advertise it as....low miles but put on a quarter mile at a time. The salesman, I assume, sure whompped on her.

That whompping did not hurt the car.

It's just not a virgin anymore.

Still sweet as can be.

:rolleyes:

When I was shopping for my car, they didn't have any Shelby's--of any kind and didn't even want to talk about them. Guess they were thrilled to ge one and now stuck with it.......maybe the sales staff takes it to lunch....with their video camera! Let's see, "Hey boss, we're taking the KR over to Sonic and we're going to film this neat commercial while we're out--running illegal speeds and talking about it!"

After all the dancing with the sales rep at the dealer, after ordering my Shelby and it being delayed forever and ever, and the sales dude finally making it the right deal to me...I showed up at the dealer, check in hand and said there was one condition...I had to drive it (ended up being one on the showroom floor) first...it took an HOUR for them to say OK.

It was REALLY clear I would walk and collect my previous deposit if I could not drive "my car" (sitting on the showroom floor next to me) unless I could drive it first.

When I sat in it, had 3 miles on the clock. NOBODY drove that puppy before me and I expected as much.

My how things have changed.

That's hilarious!!!!!! :hysterical: Thanks for the post, some of you guys are wound to tight. Take it for what it is, funny. It's not like you are gonna buy it anyway. If your going to drive it, drive it like you stole it :peelout: That's exactly what he did. :burnout:

Wow after reading some of the post I was expecting some real thrashing- :headscratch:

I'm glad they didn't, but they hardly got the engine warmed up-

After all the dancing with the sales rep at the dealer, after ordering my Shelby and it being delayed forever and ever, and the sales dude finally making it the right deal to me...I showed up at the dealer, check in hand and said there was one condition...I had to drive it (ended up being one on the showroom floor) first...it took an HOUR for them to say OK.

It was REALLY clear I would walk and collect my previous deposit if I could not drive "my car" (sitting on the showroom floor next to me) unless I could drive it first.

When I sat in it, had 3 miles on the clock. NOBODY drove that puppy before me and I expected as much.

That's the most ridiculous think i've ever heard.......them fighting you over driving a car you're buying??

When I got my GT-500, the dealer called the day it came in. It just came off the transport truck and they parked it behind the shop. I got there and they asked me if I wanted to drive it. (this is without doing any paperwork) They tossed me the keys and off I went. When I returned, we did the paperwork. They wanted to put gas in it so I drove the prep guy there and he put gas in it, then we returned. They were more than happy in making me feel like a kid at x-mas. I can't believe your dealer was so selfish.

That's hilarious!!!!!! :hysterical: Thanks for the post, some of you guys are wound to tight. Take it for what it is, funny. It's not like you are gonna buy it anyway. If your going to drive it, drive it like you stole it :peelout: That's exactly what he did. :burnout:

I'm sure if that was your "brand new, not even broken in" car, you'd act the same. He even bounced the rev limiter a few times. At least wait until it's broken in.

I was telling my wife about this thread and she reminded me that my selling dealer (T&C Ford, Nashville--on the other side of town from these guys) made it very clear that unless I had a check in hand, I didn't drive a Shelby. Now, he'd be glad to take me out in a Roush to let me feel what a supercharged Mustang felt like, but no driving Shelby's unless you got the paper work done and they got the money........ I think the video is just plain funny!

:hysterical: I'm glad these gentlemen posted this, because if I was looking at this particular car I would tell them to keep it. Maybe we should all visit this dealership to take our own test drive. It's my feeling that once I purchase a new vehicle it's my business how I treat it, but these salesmen have no business driving this car like that. I really hope someone in law enforcement follows up on this. Now that would be funny!

This is what I picture happened with my GT500 when I took it in to Ford due to a coolant leak when it was brand new. They put around 35 miles on it claiming they had to drive it to make sure everything operated correctly as the supercharger had to be removed among other things to replace the faulty hose. Said they could drive a customers car up to 40 miles without customers consent. I'm sure the Tech. drove the speed limit and obeyed all traffic laws. :hysterical:

They didn't hurt the car a bit, but I'm in the boat that I would not want this done to the car I'm buying. Maybe the fact they're taking 10 grand off makes it a little better. I'd be rolling my eyes if they did this and then asked for a mark-up.

It's comical how we get bent out of shape with anything more than a few miles on the car when we buy it. If you buy a brand new Bugatti Veyron it's guaranteed to have 300 miles on it before you ever see it. I wonder if they laugh at the guy stressing over 15 miles on a Ford? LOL

Reminds me of when I took mine in to have the clutch checked. Service manager (me with him of course) drove the dog s**t out of my car. Ran it thru the gears about a dozen times, redlining it in ever gear. Busted the front spoiler also and then as usual said "theres nothing wrong with that clutch or trans". Said that just before they rushed him to the hospital with a broken right arm from trying to shift the d**n thing.

Reminds me of when I took mine in to have the clutch checked. Service manager (me with him of course) drove the dog s**t out of my car. Ran it thru the gears about a dozen times, redlining it in ever gear. Busted the front spoiler also and then as usual said "theres nothing wrong with that clutch or trans". Said that just before they rushed him to the hospital with a broken right arm from trying to shift the d**n thing.

Serves him right for not taking your word about the clutch problem. Also, there was no reason for him to hammer the engine OR damage the spoiler, which I hope they replaced without fuss.

That's the most ridiculous think i've ever heard.......them fighting you over driving a car you're buying??

EDIT: Apparantly, whatever I had to say wasn't important enough to 'take' in this reply! I have no idea what I replied so I'll not bother trying to add any more....oh, wait. I just did.

I think I just said that they let me drive mine before I ever signed any paper at all.

Phill

When I went to look at the car I eventually bought, the dealership would not even let me sit in the car. I told them I was not going to be treated like a 4-year old and turned around and walked away. They changed their mind and stopped me before I got in my car.

I'm glad they did, and I'm glad my pride allowed me to go back, because I LOVE this car!

Our dealer went out of their way to help us. I just called up the day before and said I wanted to look at the 09' (GT 500 'vert) model thay had on the floor. They had it sitting outside the next morning and handed me the keys. When I drove it, it had 12 miles on it and was low on power. I went back and asked why it didn't feel like 500 hp. The salesman said maybe I wasn't driving it right, and I asked to talk to the service manager. He told me the power was limited upon delivery but he could program that out of it which he promptly did.

We went for the second ride and I was hooked. They gave me a good price because we are repeat customers and made the whole process easy. They even let me take it home with the promise of the down payment because I didn't have a check with me (was only coming to look).

That was a different experience than another So. FL. Ford dealer who prejudged me when I came in one Sunday with my wife and kids. They didn't give me the time of day and would only point outside when I asked to see the Mustangs. Those pricks won't get any of my money even though it is 20 minutes closer to my home!

I must admit that while I wish they hadn't driven the car like that, I LOVED hearing the thing run.

And if the price was right, I wouldn't think twice about buying that car. It's a car and it's meant to be driven. From what they posted, it didn't appear to be abused.

Like two teenage boys out for fun on a hot Saturday night, I guess... actually, they made me laugh and remember the awe-struck feeling from cars gone by.

Sure - some stupid pricing based on what a KR can actually be bought for these days.

But - it sure sounded nice though...

your lucky

I ordered mine from out of state. I didn't get to drive it until she came out of the transporter

Archived