TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NORTHWEST Driving School & HPDE Track Day

FordFan1

I thought I would pass this along to other NORTHWEST Team Shelby members-

Myself and a few other Mustang owners will be participating in the March 20th / Saturday HPDE event - weather permitting -

THROW OFF THE CAR COVER (or pop your storage bubble) & COME OUT AND JOIN US!!! :shift:

As you may notice this is the only SCHOOL/HPDE event scheduled for a weekend-

2010 Schedule and mail in entry:

http://www.cascadesportscarclub.org/files/DTentry.pdf

On-line registration:

https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/8C75A655-A9E9-C97F-8D34A961B1150E46

Requirements:

http://www.cascadesportscarclub.org/training.asp?page=requirements

=-=-=-=-=-=------=-=-=-=-=-=------------=-=-=-=-=-=--

Feel free to sound off :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

BUMP!!!

THE WEATHER IS GOING TO BE GREAT ALL WEEKEND :drool:

Come out and join Larry (Lgs ShelbyGT) and I during Saturday's HPDE Event :shift:

See you guys there!! I am in with a big GRIN!!!! Yeeehaaaa! Larry I will call you in a few about when you are heading down from our neck of the woods...

Excellent choice Randy!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there-

Larry and I will be running our cars on a dyno tomorrow down here in Vancouver- :superhero: but I believe he's going back home and coming back first thing Sat AM.. He's enrolled in the Advance School and isn't required to do the Friday night class time.

Excellent choice Randy!! Looking forward to seeing everyone there-

Larry and I will be running our cars on a dyno tomorrow down here in Vancouver- :superhero: but I believe he's going back home and coming back first thing Sat AM.. He's enrolled in the Advance School and isn't required to do the Friday night class time.

Won't be able to make this event but I'm wondering if there's anything going on at PIR the day before Grabber's gig? I will actually be down in Astoria on business Tuesday-Thursday of that week and was thinking it would be awesome if I got lucky enough to catch a track day that Friday, then hit Grabber's on Saturday before heading back Seattle way.

See you guys there!! I am in with a big GRIN!!!! Yeeehaaaa! Larry I will call you in a few about when you are heading down from our neck of the woods...

I hope someone gets pictures of when you spin off the track dance.gif

Won't be able to make this event but I'm wondering if there's anything going on at PIR the day before Grabber's gig? I will actually be down in Astoria on business Tuesday-Thursday of that week and was thinking it would be awesome if I got lucky enough to catch a track that Friday, then hit Grabber's on Saturday before heading back Seattle way.

Looks like there is a Track Day hosted by the local Lotus Club on May 28th, (see links below)

http://www.portlandraceway.com/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=month.calendar&Itemid=0&year=2010&month=05&day=19

http://www.clnw.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=28

Are you at all familiar with this club? Not sure if I would meet the "intermediate" criteria for them? I've only done one day track so far at Pacific Raceways, but plan to have a couple more under my belt by the time this rolls around. That would be awesome if we could get a handful of us together to run out there the day before the Meet n Greet.

I know I had a great time, all is well and everyone stayed on track!!

Funny to have 3 SGT's and not a single GT500 on hand :headscratch:

Here's a link to some photo's from yesterdays event-

http://roadshowphotography.smugmug.com/Cars/cascade-track-day-march-20th/11574412_HLXiE#815440879_b94xK

Are you at all familiar with this club? Not sure if I would meet the "intermediate" criteria for them? I've only done one day track so far at Pacific Raceways, but plan to have a couple more under my belt by the time this rolls around. That would be awesome if we could get a handful of us together to run out there the day before the Meet n Greet.

You'll be fine, I haven't ran with this club but it should be no problem.. I can help orgianize things leading up to this event, but it sucks I already have a commitment for that Friday- :censored:

As I had expected #471 was an amazing car to drive on the track....a set of better brakes and I think that we will be dialed in for one heck of a ride. I was not passed by anyone once and in fact was waved to pass a modern Lambo...this car makes driving quick pretty fun, nothing like boost and enough rubber to give some grip...by far my best experience yet driving this car off highway...PIR is an amazingly great track! And we had perfect weather!

post-9886-126922841791_thumb.jpg

I know I had a great time, all is well and everyone stayed on track!!

Funny to have 3 SGT's and not a single GT500 on hand :headscratch:

Here's a link to some photo's from yesterdays event-

http://roadshowphoto...815440879_b94xK

Fantastic time for sure !

Plus the weather was crazy nice for late March in the wonderful Pacific Northwest.

As I had expected #471 was an amazing car to drive on the track....a set of better brakes and I think that we will be dialed in for one heck of a ride. I was not passed by anyone once and in fact was waved to pass a modern Lambo...this car makes driving quick pretty fun, nothing like boost and enough rubber to give some grip...by far my best experience yet driving this car off highway...PIR is an amazingly great track! And we had perfect weather!

Yes, get the new brakes ordered asap and you will love that upgrade your next track day as much as you do the power of your Whipple and the grip of your new tires.

Hey Randy,

Did you slow that video down cause my grandma can drive faster than that? shift.gifdrool.gifdance.gif

Just kidding man. hysterical.gif Nice video and it looks like you got the hang of it. Wish I could have been there.

Haha!!! Totally slowed it down...no brakes dude!

Video....

Vid Link

Nice video Randy, I've never been in any credits before :)

Have you order the brakes yet?? ;) I can always help on the install

I only wish I had your camera on board for the laps before and after passing the Porsche's, that was worth my entry money alone.

My wife also shot some video from the grandstands using our older mini tape video camera, now I just need to figure out how to get it on the laptop. :headscratch:

Here's a few photos taken fresh off the track:

P3201386.jpg

P3201390.jpg

From left to right:

Keith and his 2008 GT500 / stopped by to support and hassle us

Mike and his 2006 Stage 3 Roush / true novice, first time to the track

Me and the APB 2008 Vista Blue SGT

Randy and his whippled 2007 White SGT

Larry and his 2007 Black SGT

=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Randy - I just got on the board after about 2 weeks off, damn it! Yes I would have enjoyed the meeting over at PIR it is a good track. Next time just give me a call 503-516-5390.

Thanks again.

Dave

Randy - I just got on the board after about 2 weeks off, damn it! Yes I would have enjoyed the meeting over at PIR it is a good track. Next time just give me a call 503-516-5390.

Thanks again.

Dave

Sorry we missed you- here's a link to some photo's to make you feel like you were there

http://dougberger.zenfolio.com/cscc-march-2010

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Next time you can borrow the Hero Cam Kerry....no sweat, it just needs a 2MB or smaller card for the slot. I recieved a PM from Lgs today and I will forward you a reply, you are very generous. It was very cool to have some class guys at the track to answer questions and thanks again for the lug wrench and jack usage...dig your style.

Dave I will call you next time it was fun I think it is happening again in April. More track time than autocross by far and a real fun time!

Cheers!

Finally a few video's

After watching them I can't wait to get back to the track :shift:

=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=--

Archived