TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500

dsc28

couldn't decide between a 2010 or 2011 gt5oo i didn't like the stripes or wheels at first until i seen one on youtube at the chicago auto show. Black/ red stripes fell in love with it so i ordered one.I was told 10 to 12 weeks loaded electronics package, svt pp plus tax $59000.00 hope i made the right decision and cant wait to find out.

couldn't decide between a 2010 or 2011 gt5oo i didn't like the stripes or wheels at first until i seen one on youtube at the chicago auto show. Black/ red stripes fell in love with it so i ordered one.I was told 10 to 12 weeks loaded electronics package, svt pp plus tax $59000.00 hope i made the right decision and cant wait to find out.

I'm looking to order one also. Looking at Sterling Metalic Grey with Red Stripes. I love the black but had 2 black sports cars and color is high maint. and I hate getting those swirl marks. going with SVT but not electronics pkg. Rather have the handling and I already have a cool portable Nav unit, and also saves me some $ since now we are pushing the 60K mark, Vette territory!

Good Luck!

Vinny

guys the gt500 is far more expensive than a vette, not approaching lol

You can buy a brand new vette for around $40k

You are correct Chuck. I bought an '08, 1LT Corvette in June of '08 that stickered 48K for 41K. Headers/Intake/Tune approaches stock Z06 rear wheel #s. Sold the car recently with the intention of buying a '10 or '11 GT500. The Vettes are discounted and routinely rebated. I've seen new Z06s on the Corvette boards go new for 15 to 20 grand under sticker. Sticker prices on are a joke. Anyone who has been around the block with this stuff knows this. 60 grand for a Mustang, Get Real.

You are correct Chuck. I bought an '08, 1LT Corvette in June of '08 that stickered 48K for 41K. Headers/Intake/Tune approaches stock Z06 rear wheel #s. Sold the car recently with the intention of buying a '10 or '11 GT500. The Vettes are discounted and routinely rebated. I've seen new Z06s on the Corvette boards go new for 15 to 20 grand under sticker. Sticker prices on are a joke. Anyone who has been around the block with this stuff knows this. 60 grand for a Mustang, Get Real.

I agree $60 grand is alot for a mustang but if you want a 2011 now your gonna pay top dollar which is what i'm doing even though i know i could get a deal later on a 10 or next year on an 11, plus its got a little more muscle to me than a vette, a back seat (i have kids) and you don't see to many on the road like vettes which i like and there supposed to be limited production. its all what you want and when you want it.

I agree $60 grand is alot for a mustang but if you want a 2011 now your gonna pay top dollar which is what i'm doing even though i know i could get a deal later on a 10 or next year on an 11, plus its got a little more muscle to me than a vette, a back seat (i have kids) and you don't see to many on the road like vettes which i like and there supposed to be limited production. its all what you want and when you want it.

Blanket statement there. Not ALL dealers are going to charge you $60,00 for an '11 model. I negotiated $50,713.68 for mine. SVT Performance Pak, Glass Roof and stripe delete.

Blanket statement there. Not ALL dealers are going to charge you $60,00 for an '11 model. I negotiated $50,713.68 for mine. SVT Performance Pak, Glass Roof and stripe delete.

How did you manage that? and if you really did tell me were and i'll tell my guy he can keep it. my base is $48,645.00 electr pack $2,340 svtpp $3,495 tax $3,342. I was always told there is no A- plan or anything.

How did you manage that? and if you really did tell me were and i'll tell my guy he can keep it. my base is $48,645.00 electr pack $2,340 svtpp $3,495 tax $3,342. I was always told there is no A- plan or anything.

Smaller market dealer, been dealing with them over 20 years. Paid $42,000 off the showroom floor for my '08 from same dealer.

Smaller market dealer, been dealing with them over 20 years. Paid $42,000 off the showroom floor for my '08 from same dealer.

i really would like to see what other people are getting priced so i dont feel like i'm getting hosed. the price my dealers going off on my order confirmation print out is retail price but there is a dlr inv price of about $5000 less do you think i should be able to get that price, plus i just bought a 10 stang from them for my daughter.

i really would like to see what other people are getting priced so i dont feel like i'm getting hosed. the price my dealers going off on my order confirmation print out is retail price but there is a dlr inv price of about $5000 less do you think i should be able to get that price, plus i just bought a 10 stang from them for my daughter.

Well... FWIW, there is a Ford dealer here in my town, and they had a 2003 Mach1 back in 2003 with a $4000 ADM. I would drive by it every day... I asked about it and they said they were not going to budge off that rip-off markup... "It's a Mach1!"

I told them they were nuts. In the middle of summer they called me and said "We're willing to sell it at sticker just for you!"

Uh, no, sorry not interested...

I waited until fall that year, and sure enough it was unsold. Ended up getting it for invoice. Same stealership today has a 2010 GT500 in the showroom. Price? $55,650.00

I couldn't help myself, I said "Are you people out of your freeking minds??"

The salesman replied "But it's a SHELBY!"

Oh. A Shelby. Well, then where do I sign???

They obviously don't learn from the past.

It's up to you to decide if it's worth the price to you. My situation is somewhat different, but you might see if you can work that deal down. If they have a market that supports that high of a price, I guess you can't fault them for trying to make a buck.

Well... FWIW, there is a Ford dealer here in my town, and they had a 2003 Mach1 back in 2003 with a $4000 ADM. I would drive by it every day... I asked about it and they said they were not going to budge off that rip-off markup... "It's a Mach1!"

I told them they were nuts. In the middle of summer they called me and said "We're willing to sell it at sticker just for you!"

Uh, no, sorry not interested...

I waited until fall that year, and sure enough it was unsold. Ended up getting it for invoice. Same stealership today has a 2010 GT500 in the showroom. Price? $55,650.00

I couldn't help myself, I said "Are you people out of your freeking minds??"

The salesman replied "But it's a SHELBY!"

Oh. A Shelby. Well, then where do I sign???

They obviously don't learn from the past.

It's up to you to decide if it's worth the price to you. My situation is somewhat different, but you might see if you can work that deal down. If they have a market that supports that high of a price, I guess you can't fault them for trying to make a buck.

thanks for the info can't hurt to try although i doubt it they move a lot of cars i wanted one in 07 but they were getting 15000 0ver sticker. i know its different now with the economy and i dont want to wait until fall but who knows i'll give it a try thanks again.

Chuck is full of it. Dealer invoice on a bare bones corvette coupe is $45k. Also if you compare apples to apples the very top of the line fully optioned GT500 has an MSRP of around $60k. The top of the line fully optioned Corvette, (ZR-1) has a MSRP of around $129,000. So yes, the Corvette is much more expensive than a GT500 and a fully loaded GT500 is approaching the price of a bare bones Z06. There are no brand new untitled Vettes for $40k. And yes there is A,D, and X plan pricing on the 2011's GT500's. This is the first year it has been offered.

Chuck is full of it. Dealer invoice on a bare bones corvette coupe is $45k. Also if you compare apples to apples the very top of the line fully optioned GT500 has an MSRP of around $60k. The top of the line fully optioned Corvette, (ZR-1) has a MSRP of around $129,000. So yes, the Corvette is much more expensive than a GT500 and a fully loaded GT500 is approaching the price of a bare bones Z06. There are no brand new untitled Vettes for $40k. And yes there is A,D, and X plan pricing on the 2011's GT500's. This is the first year it has been offered.

Do you know if its the dealers option to accept A X or D plans because my sales rep told me they dont offer it.

I paid less that in Canada and we are about 10,000 more expensive on MSRP....

And yes I've now removed the SVT package but before I had removed it our price was just about the same ....I think I'd hold out for a better deal.

The dealer sold you the car for about 600 over invoice. Now he is getting holdback, but thats still a great deal in my opinion!

Ford has not told us how many we are getting this year. I know Im getting one because I have a VIN! I dont think I would take less than MSRP for my first one! The GT500 is supposed to be here on April 8th! Looks like one of the first cars built.

Silver

SVT

Glass Roof

Electronics Pack

Car Cover

MM

Do you know if its the dealers option to accept A X or D plans because my sales rep told me they dont offer it.

The dealers can decide not to offer employee/supplier price but just keep shopping until you find one. The GT500 is not a rare car in spite of what the dealers want you to think. I am looking at an invoice on a 2011 right now and it clearly shows A Plan, X Plan pricing.

The dealer sold you the car for about 600 over invoice. Now he is getting holdback, but thats still a great deal in my opinion!

Ford has not told us how many we are getting this year. I know Im getting one because I have a VIN! I dont think I would take less than MSRP for my first one! The GT500 is supposed to be here on April 8th! Looks like one of the first cars built.

Silver

SVT

Glass Roof

Electronics Pack

Car Cover

MM

That's including the D&D charge... ;)

Go check out corvette.com

you can find base vettes for 40k

GT500s are more expensive than vettes now, that is fact.

Your zr1 argument is ridiculous, I suppose we should throw the GT500KR into the argument which stickers for more than a z06 LOL

Keep telling yourself what ever you want, but the GT500 is not less expensive than a Chevy Corvette

Actually there wre dealers selling brand new vetttes last year for less than 40k!

The dealers can decide not to offer employee/supplier price but just keep shopping until you find one. The GT500 is not a rare car in spite of what the dealers want you to think. I am looking at an invoice on a 2011 right now and it clearly shows A Plan, X Plan pricing.

Yes it shows it but is not actually available

This is why dealers push Roush Mustangs so much

Yes it shows it but is not actually available

This is why dealers push Roush Mustangs so much

Thats funny because my brother just ordered one with his X plan price. I think what you are trying to say is some dealers won't do X plan which is their option. You must get on the phone and start calling if you want to get X or A plan price but it is offered and Ford will pay the dealers the usual spiff. As far as the Corvettes, you need to put the bong away Chuck. There are no new ones at dealers for $40k. Also what Corvette model would you like to compare to the GT500? You didn't like the top of the line vs. top of the line comparison so how about a Z06? 505HP vs. 540hp in the GT500. Would you say that is fair? Now please show me a Z06, new, untitled at a dealer for under $65k. This is well above any GT500 unless someone is silly enough to pay over sticker. My point is you can't make a blanket statement like that where you compare a base Corvette to a GT500. To make it a valid point you would need to compare the base corvette to a base Mustang. Again, Corvette is much more expensive. I currently own a 2010 Grand Sport, a 2007 Z06 and a 2010 GT500 as well as a few other fun cars. I have receipts showing what I paid for a Corvette and what I paid for a GT500. When you show me your receipts Chuck showing you paid more for a GT500 than a similar equipped Corvette, I will retract my statement.

Go check out corvette.com

you can find base vettes for 40k

GT500s are more expensive than vettes now, that is fact.

Your zr1 argument is ridiculous, I suppose we should throw the GT500KR into the argument which stickers for more than a z06 LOL

Keep telling yourself what ever you want, but the GT500 is not less expensive than a Chevy Corvette

Actually there wre dealers selling brand new vetttes last year for less than 40k!

Actually I am a Gold member of the corvette forum and I just looked to see if something crazy was happening with Corvettes. No there isn't. Lowest price in a 1LT bare bones Corvette is $44,950 at Boardwalk Chevrolet. But if you find the $40k Vette buy it. I will show you how to put it on ebay and get $42 the next day! I did however see a bare bones Mustang GT at a dealer, brand new 2010 for $25,225. Thats a GT, which is the comparable to the 1LT Corvette.

guys the gt500 is far more expensive than a vette, not approaching lol

You can buy a brand new vette for around $40k

I want what your smoking Chuck stirpot.gif & most who want perfomance don't go with a base vet. You can buy a new 2010GT500 and put griggs 40SS, new tires & an upgraded blower on it and still beat the price of a new Z06.

I want what your smoking Chuck stirpot.gif & most who want perfomance don't go with a base vet. You can buy a new 2010GT500 and put griggs 40SS, new tires & an upgraded blower on it and still beat the price of a new Z06.

The best you are going to do with a stripped down, no options base corvette is $44,900 see link:

http://www.kerbeck.com/

If you want the handing package which used to be the Z51 and now is the Grand Sport a stripped version of that is $49,990.

A well optioned GS goes for mid 60's which is a bit more that the GT500 even with SVT package and the $48,000 I paid for a fully optioned 2005 Z51 in Feb. of 05 which was 3k under mrsp even when dealer were trying to get way over for the first year of the C6.

Vinny

I dont have an invoice on my 11 yet, but I have been told its going to one of the first built. Ford doesnt send and invoice until the car heads to the plant. How do you already have an invoice?

I checked the 10s and its not availble for any of the plans. Makes me think the 11 WILL NOT be either.

MM

I dont have an invoice on my 11 yet, but I have been told its going to one of the first built. Ford doesnt send and invoice until the car heads to the plant. How do you already have an invoice?

I checked the 10s and its not availble for any of the plans. Makes me think the 11 WILL NOT be either.

MM

I ordered an 11 a couple of weeks ago and my confirmation print out says not an invoice but does show retail price and dealer inv price there's about 5k difference. I did ask my sales rep today about A-plans or any way to save some $. there wasn't that he knew of but he said that could change, also my car still has some kinda of hold on it.

MM

Correct, it was not available on the 2010. When my brother ordered his 2011 the dealer gave him the printout from the order screen showing A and X plan pricing. The dealer sold him the car at the X Plan price because he had a supplier PIN number. His company is a Ford supplier. Thats all I can you about his transaction. "Your results may vary".

Archived