TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's Sunday night; couple O' drinks in me, and I want a KR

So, I been looking for awhile, about 2 years now and it's late and after couple drinks in me I am lookin' for a KR. (actually I have been lookin' for awhile but just decided to post tonight). After I sold my 08 GT500 last weekend (I had a little cry), but it's time to move on to bigger and better things.

I have been a KR voyeur for at least 2 years now and I guess I figured that after a couple of "pops" that it might be a good time to ask the dealers "what do you have for sale" for an 09 KR.

I can not look at an 08KR because it is "non-admissible" into Canada, soooooooo...... the 09 is what I'm in the market for. I know there are 160 unsold KR's in the US along with a bunch in Canada (including 9 in my nearest city). The only color I do not want is the Black on Black,. With all due respect to the Black KR owners, I already have a black car, so I would like one of the other three colors. I would rather not have NAV but this is not a deal breaker.

My only other stipulation is that, "if the price of your car starts with a 6", perhaps you should not send me a PM as I kinda think this is not realistic in todays market (my subtle hint on my pricing expectations).

So, what do you have available out there? Send me a PM, post, snail mail, smoke signals or whatever works, let me know what you have.

QSS

If you change your mind I put my hands on a Black on Black one at

Puente Hills Ford today................

And the price does not start with a "6".................

"IT STARTS WITH A "9"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

If you change your mind I put my hands on a Black on Black one at

Puente Hills Ford today................

And the price does not start with a "6".................

"IT STARTS WITH A "9"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

I believe that a certain Mr. Austin Powers was quoted as saying "lick my 9". :D

That number is close, just up side down.

QSS

From my experience, you'll find the Silver ones to be a bit cheaper due to more of them. If you're looking for a Vista blue, good luck. There's not many left. Last I checked, I only found 3.

Do not get discouraged by the asking price. Just last month I emailed a dealer who was asking $106k for a black KR. I simply wrote. "I'm interested in the KR you have for sale. When you knock off $45K, we'll talk".

The dealer got back to me and as of now, we're at $64K.

When I got my KR on a trade, me and the dealer were a substantial amount of money apart. After some negotiating, the difference was more realistic. The bottom line is, do not be afraid to negotiate.

A few tips for you.

- ONLY DEAL WITH THE SALES MANAGER !!!! This is the biggest piece of advice I can give you, unless you don't mind the "dog and pony" show.........Typically, only the Sales Manager has the authority to negotiate the asking price. He may have to go to the owner of the dealer during negotiations. Remember, this is probably the most expensive car they have in their inventory. Usually though, it's just you and him hammering out a price.

- Decide on the amount of $$$ you want to spend. Do not go over that figure. Start below your "absolute highest amount" you'd be willing to spend, and negotiate up to that. If the dealer balks during negotiations, walk. Keep the relationship civil and tell them you respectfully decline their offer. They may end up coming back to you and giving you the price you want.

- Ask them for all additional costs up front. Things like: Dealer prep fees, dealer delivery fees, DMV fees, Dealer DOC fee....etc. You'll need to know those figures before you begin the negotiating process.

- Ask if the car has any previous damage you should know about since it's been sitting on the showroom floor for months. If the car got damaged and say, repainted due to scratches, it will NOT show up on a carfax. If the car has "handling damage", make sure the dealer makes good on it. Get it in writing.

- Inspect the car YOURSELF!! Do NOT rely on someone you don't know. Bring a knowledgeable friend and go over the car together. If you're dealing with one that's far from you, make the trip and do the deal/inspection in person.

- Make sure the car has everything it's supposed to have (KR floormats, Nav DVD if so equipped, Front brake cooling kit, SVT certificate, User manual, KR suppliment manual....etc)

If you need help in locating a car in the States, drop me a PM.

...- Make sure the car has everything it's supposed to have (KR floormats, Nav DVD if so equipped, Front brake cooling kit, SVT certificate, User manual, KR suppliment manual....etc)...

I'll second that! Mine was missing the NAV DVD, but that was no biggie... The missing floor mats and KR manual supplement were a little tougher to get hold of... The dealership eventually reimbursed me for the cost of the mats though, and I eventually got both them and the manual supplement from Shelby Autos... They were much easier to deal with than the dealership was, after the sale.

With only 160 KRs left n inventory country wide (according to you) thats not many cars left and with Spring coming up I expect you are

prabably going find it tough sledding getting an '09 KR in the $50's and if you do manage it will likely be in the high 50s. A more realistic number is the low $60s.

Vista Blue is the least produced color. Approximately 190 made.

Torch Red is next rarest with only apprximately 220 made.

You will likely get a better deal on a silver one based on the fact there are more of them available and competing against each other.

Also as these cars start drying up in availabilty it would not surprise me at all to start seeing an upsurge in price.

If you can wrangle a deal in the low $60s I would buy the car if you really want it and not let a few thousand dollars stand in the way. If its a difference of a purchase price at $61K which is do-able now and lets say a $58K purchase price you are talking about differnce of 3% of the purchase price at $61K. I wouldn't lose a car I really loved over that.

More than happy to take that GT-H off you're hands so you can get that KR ;)

I think if you are going to get a new KR, now is the time. The dealer near me had two for over a year. The red one sold about a month ago and the silver one sold last week. Both had window stickers marked up into the $90's and both sold somewhere in the low $60's. Good luck with your hunt!

Thanks all for the good great advice. FiaCobra, I'll definitely PM you when I am a little closer on this, but I am pretty close on this now. REAL ONE you are very wise with your comments. I had this same advice about a year ago when I was chasing another car and the advice I received was not near as polite as yours. Thanks.

tispco,............your great, I'm never gonna sell my GT-H (oh ya, never say never) but I am really sure this car is gonna be with me for a really long time. If I do change my mind, you'll be the first to know, just cause you made me laugh.

Let ya all know what happens, I am pretty sure I have some time, 160 units is still allot of 09's and this does not include the 08's that are still available.

QSS

...............................Vista Blue is the least produced color. Approximately 190 made.

Torch Red is next rarest with only apprximately 220 made.......................

Production numbers as I know them for those two colors are:

Vista Blue:

2008 (100) - 2009 (65) = Total two year production = 165

Torch Red:

2008 (107) - 2009 (95) = Total two year production = 202

Since the OP is ONLY looking for a 2009 car, his options are less. Last month I checked around for a 2009 Vista Blue KR for a member here and found 4 cars. One ended up selling during that time so, it was 3 cars.

I think 160 available cars are for both model years, not just 2009.

Silver private seller 1000 miles sold for mid 50K and silver new @ dealer sold for mid 50K . Red new @ dealer sold mid 60K all on ebay last week. I think the dealers will soon sell all they have. FYI when i purchased my car it was missing the billet caps in the engine compartment . The dealer had to get proof they were stolen with pictures . Now get this the Gt500 billet caps sell for $234 but the GT500KR caps are $900 including a 15% handling charge . So make sure your KR has all the parts in place. One more thing they also had to get floor mats but they are the same as the Shelby GT so the cost was only $83. Yes the selling dealer paid for these parts and drop shipped them to me ( i also had to be in the Shelby reg.) .FORD and SHELBY don't want any clones of the KR down the road . The hood is $9300 so don't rear end anybody .

I like the Vista Blue and the Torch Red. They are the two rarest colors and account for a very small percentage of total production.

Vista Blue 10% of total production

Torch Red 12% of total production

Good luck with your search! Keep us posted.

Interesting stat and good information. Both are great colors for sure. BTW-Looked at your signature, awesome herd you have there!

ME TOO!!

09 Red KR at Homer Skelton Ford in Olive Branch, MS. I don't know the price, but I bought my 08 black one from them two months ago. I know they still have the red one.

ck

• 1 month later...

Im glad you cleared that up.

Production numbers as I know them for those two colors are:

Vista Blue:

2008 (100) - 2009 (65) = Total two year production = 165

Torch Red:

2008 (107) - 2009 (95) = Total two year production = 202

Since the OP is ONLY looking for a 2009 car, his options are less. Last month I checked around for a 2009 Vista Blue KR for a member here and found 4 cars. One ended up selling during that time so, it was 3 cars.

I think 160 available cars are for both model years, not just 2009.

Local dealer has 2 Black on Black. ""One was in a WRECK while on a test drive. Rebuilt and on sale for $59900 CDN"". Other one is untouched $64900 CDN as of this afternoon.

Do you happen to have any info on this car? Perhaps a CSM # or VIN# ??

Local dealer has 2 Black on Black. One was in a wreak while on a test drive. Rebuilt and on sale for $59900 CDN. Other one is untouched $64900 CDN as of this afternoon.

So I can buy a "wrecked" KR for $59,900 or a new one for $64,900. This is of course plus GST of 5% so therefore I can have a wrecked one for approx $63,000 or an untouched one for approx $68,000.

As I have stated in many posts, if these guys are not willing to drop there prices buy at least $15,000 I think there are a ton of options south of the border. These #'s are very optomistic,....... so why not explore all options.

QSS

So I can buy a "wrecked" KR for $59,900 or a new one for $64,900. This is of course plus GST of 5% so therefore I can have a wrecked one for approx $63,000 or an untouched one for approx $68,000.

As I have stated in many posts, if these guys are not willing to drop there prices buy at least $15,000 I think there are a ton of options south of the border. These #'s are very optomistic,....... so why not explore all options.

QSS

This is a no brainer, why would you spend this kind of money on a car that was involved in a wreck, did you ask for a police report or check to see how much damage was done. Its your dough........

redcard.gif GG

This is a no brainer, why would you spend this kind of money on a car that was involved in a wreck, did you ask for a police report or check to see how much damage was done. Its your dough........

redcard.gif GG

Car was on a test drive, one of the managers was driving, gave it too much gas going around a corner and dropped it in a ditch. Sticker on the windshield states $44,000 in damage, $32,000 of which was shelby stuff. I can get the wording for you later. The repairs were all done it took along time to get fixed. I have looked at the car the paint is not very well done on the damaged area (passenger side rear)

Car was on a test drive, one of the managers was driving, gave it too much gas going around a corner and dropped it in a ditch. Sticker on the windshield states $44,000 in damage, $32,000 of which was shelby stuff. I can get the wording for you later. The repairs were all done it took along time to get fixed. I have looked at the car the paint is not very well done on the damaged area (passenger side rear)

Yes, it will help if you get that info for me. You can post it here, or email me at "fiacobra at hotmail"

I'll be sure the info gets forwarded to the proper people.

• 3 weeks later...

QQS:

Hey there. Where you at on this? Andy P at Metro Ford downtown Calgary still has some stored in the basement! All brand new KRs in perfect condition. On their website there is a list of 6 (3 silver, 2 blue, and a black). I'm not sure if they are all still there.

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/calgaryford/new-inventory?lang=en#modelid=105&filters=All/All/All/All//10/BodyDesc/1/0

They were holding out for $110K last year. Well they are still there so I believe they are now down to covering their cost. I have been debating picking one up. Well at least until I got my SS out of storage and reminded myself that I am lacking garage space.

Cheers

Brett

QQS:

Hey there. Where you at on this? Andy P at Metro Ford downtown Calgary still has some stored in the basement! All brand new KRs in perfect condition. On their website there is a list of 6 (3 silver, 2 blue, and a black). I'm not sure if they are all still there.

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/calgaryford/new-inventory?lang=en#modelid=105&filters=All/All/All/All//10/BodyDesc/1/0

They were holding out for $110K last year. Well they are still there so I believe they are now down to covering their cost. I have been debating picking one up. Well at least until I got my SS out of storage and reminded myself that I am lacking garage space.

Cheers

Brett

As well, there is a new red with silver stripes at Advantage Ford in the south that they had outside all winter. The front brakes are completely rusted! What a shame, but I am sure you can get pretty cheap and it wouldn't take too much work to get it cleaned up.

Cheers

Brett

QQS:

Cheers

Brett

Hi there Brett.

I tell you where I am at on this....... I am still in the market for one but I figure I am going to have to wait till the fall of 2010 before I go ahead. The reason being is that I am only willing to pay "market value" for one of these cars and as far as I am concerned "market value" currently is right around $51 to $53k. As you said Metro Ford does indeed have 6 sitting in their underground storage. I have been by twice to see them and talk to a couple of salesman about these. When I have asked what's the price, they have answered "right around $100k". I just smile and thank them for their time and leave.

They way I see it is "once again, as I have done in the past" I will probably have to look south into the US and find a dealer that will sell at "market value" because I absolutely refuse to pay more that it is worth. The Canadian dollars is on par with the US dollar so a KR being sold for $50k in the US ABSOLUTELY SHOLUD BE SOLD FOR $50k in Canada. It has almost never been like this and that would explain why I have bought my GT500 out of Colorado, my 07 GT-H out of Oklahoma and one other old Shelby out of North Carolina.

Anybody see a trend here?

So to end my rant, either the local dealers get competitive and on level ground with my brothers to the south, they will not get a sale. Fair is fair.

QSS

PS by the way Brett, stopped by to see your SS at the Calgary show a while back. She looks mighty pretty.

post-20749-127225054528_thumb.jpg

post-20749-127225054528_thumb.jpg

Archived