TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"2007 GT-H" on ebay???

crispy23c

Saw this on ebay, dealer claims it's a GT-H:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Shelby...1QQcmdZViewItem

Claims he does not want to mis-represent anything. :hysterical2: Like a dealer has ever done that on ebay! :hysterical::hysterical2::finger:

He further goes on to claim: "This is a special ordered Mustang that was built in the plant to be a Retail Shelby Hertz Mustang. This car has everything from the factory needed for this Mustang, just that it has not been sent to Shelby to get the appearance package. As a result of this, this makes this a very rare vehicle. We are not trying to misrepresent this item... "

So I emailed him:

Do you have actual documentation that this is a 2007 GT-H -- a real Shelby Hertz car? You say in your ad--- This is a special ordered Mustang that was built in the plant to be a Retail Shelby Hertz Mustang. This car has everything from the factory needed for this Mustang, just that it has not been sent to Shelby to get the appearance package. As a result of this, this makes this a very rare vehicle. We are not trying to misrepresent this item...

This looks like it is a Shelby GT (at best) or a California Special without the stripes. This would be very mis-leading, to say the least. So...What is it???

Waiting for his response...

Oh, yeah....there are bids... :doh:

..........hmmm, the link isn't working. Did they close the auction?

EDIT:

It is an interesting car for the options. It has the black wheels, which few seem to like anyways. It has the DVD Nav, which was a 2007 Job 2 option. On another site on of the dealer employees ran the VIN and it was built with the upfitter package. It certainly didn't start life to be a GT-H. Maybe a Shelby GT but wouldn't be worth any premium to me......it shouldn't make 319HP either. It doesn't have the CAI and I doubt it has the X pipe.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...fromZR40QQfviZ1

Funny, the link isn't working right now, but was this a.m.

The thing with this is......SAI is not making Shelby GT-Hs for '07, they made these as '06s.

So...what is it? Seems to be a Shelby GT that did not make it to SAI for mod's, as far as I can tell. Does that make it rare? Naaaaah, just incomplete. But NOT a Hertz! When I hear from this guy, I'll let you know...

Pulled from ebay, it's a Shelby GT upfitter's car that did not ship to SAI. His "buy it now" price is $42k-- that's right, $42k for a Cali Special with no handling packs, upgrades, cai, Shelby docs/stripes/badges/etc. Talk about misrepresentations! What a lyin' loser! :finger:

He wants $5k over Shelby GT price for a de-contented Cali Special... :hysterical::hysterical2:

Here's some Pics:

1a.jpg

4a.jpg

I think it looks hot!!! Ford should consider offering this as a regular option at the upfitter package price point. I'd have done it in a heart beat on my new GT if it was available.

As for this dealer well, he might as well send the car to Shelby cause he's not going to sell it at that price any other way. :hysterical2:

All gone.....

That would be a sweet option....but I would want the hood scoop, too. Looks nice.

BTW, 90GT--- SRV Fan????? Me too!!! He was awesome :cry:

It would be nice if they would let you combine the upfitters package with the GT appearance pack. That way you would get all the GT/CS body parts plus the hood scoop. I'd have bought that without hesitation. :banghead:

As for SRV, big fan. Listen to him all the time. My IPOD is loaded with SRV tunes. :hyper:

Archived