TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Original Equipment Questions

I'd love to hear from any low mileage 2007 GT-H owners about some of the original equipment on these cars. My car has 57k miles, and I'm wondering about a few things.

Are the front grills supposed to have a chromed, polished or brushed appearance? My windshield has a lot of pitting from the high mileage, and my grill has also been subjected to a lot of road debris and is definately not shiny. I visited another member who owns a 2007 Shelby GT, and his grill looks like chrome. Should I just clean my grill, or attempt to polish it? If it should be shiny, any idea what product I should use to get it back into shape if it's even possible?

The Shelby GT had the brake duct and driving light inserts, and the brake duct openings had a plastic screen over them. My GT-H just has open holes with no screen, are mine correct?

Was there a dead pedal installed? My previous 2 Mustangs (1991, 2003) were automatics and both had factory dead pedals, but my GT-H doesn't.

Did the car come with stock GT floor mats? My car has no floor mats, but my wonderful wife is buying me a set of the Shelby Store custom GT-H mats. I'd like to know what was in there stock.

Did the cars come with the Ford soft convertible boot cover? I've just bought one off ebay, but would like to know if they even put them in the cars at Hertz.

That's all I can think of right now, but may come up with some more questions as I get better aquainted with my new ride.

I'd love to hear from any low mileage 2007 GT-H owners about some of the original equipment on these cars. My car has 57k miles, and I'm wondering about a few things.

Are the front grills supposed to have a chromed, polished or brushed appearance? My windshield has a lot of pitting from the high mileage, and my grill has also been subjected to a lot of road debris and is definately not shiny. I visited another member who owns a 2007 Shelby GT, and his grill looks like chrome. Should I just clean my grill, or attempt to polish it? If it should be shiny, any idea what product I should use to get it back into shape if it's even possible?

The Shelby GT had the brake duct and driving light inserts, and the brake duct openings had a plastic screen over them. My GT-H just has open holes with no screen, are mine correct?

Was there a dead pedal installed? My previous 2 Mustangs (1991, 2003) were automatics and both had factory dead pedals, but my GT-H doesn't.

Did the car come with stock GT floor mats? My car has no floor mats, but my wonderful wife is buying me a set of the Shelby Store custom GT-H mats. I'd like to know what was in there stock.

Did the cars come with the Ford soft convertible boot cover? I've just bought one off ebay, but would like to know if they even put them in the cars at Hertz.

That's all I can think of right now, but may come up with some more questions as I get better aquainted with my new ride.

I have an 2006 but I can answere a couple of the questions

Floor mats are the stock black Ford mats. No dead pedal. Grill should be relatively shiny. Not sure about the driving lights as the 2006 did not come with them. Has a plastic faux grill in that location.

Tom, I'll attempt to answer some of your questions. 1) The upper and lower grills should match and both are a shiney-satin style, 2) The brake ducts in the lower valance should have a screen, either plastic or in some cases metal, 3) There were no dead pedals but several are available from Shelby parts 4) The GTHs had stock GT floor mats available from many sources, 5) The top boots I'm not sure about. While in Hertz service the boots would have been stored until the cars were disposed of at auction generally. Some may have come with the boots and some boots may have slipped by Hertz and remained with the cars, Maybe some other GTH convertible owners can add what their cars had ?? Your other question about cleaning the grills is easy, clean and re-polish the originals is what I've done with both my 2006 GTH and my 2007 SGT, both look brand new. Should you need to replace any of the parts on your car I would recommend buying licensed Shelby items. There is a lot of junk being sold on Ebay that "looks" good and similar to Shelby parts but is quite inferior. I usually buy directly from Shelby, just to get invoices with the Shelby logo, and I save all of this stuff to document the cars have genuine Shelby parts. Adds potential value to the car to keep it Shelby and keep it Ford. :Hope I've answered some of your questions, regards, Larry Miller

The brake ducts on the '07 GT-H have no screens. The prototype did not have the screens and when I rented 07H189 back in Jan '08, it had no screens. The plastic screen version of the ducts did not exist until after the '07 GT-H's were built.

post-3252-126736602561_thumb.jpg

post-3252-126736602561_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the answers everybody!

I must have skipped over this part of the Shelby press releases for the GT-H cars when I read it the first time, or I was just suffering information overload:

The Shelby GT-H Mustang convertible will be fitted with a unique hood with pins and a brushed aluminum grille with running horse emblem.

Everybody ha answered, but My 07 H has the driving lights and Open brake ducks, NO screen. I read from SAI that these cars came with Stock mats, thats what I have. I DO NOT have a conv boot, and somewhere I read that they were not included.

Everybody ha answered, but My 07 H has the driving lights and Open brake ducks, NO screen. I read from SAI that these cars came with Stock mats, thats what I have. I DO NOT have a conv boot, and somewhere I read that they were not included.

Looks like most of your questions have been answered, but I bought my GT-H from a Hertz Exec with 277 miles on it, so I know everything is stock as it came from Shelby. Mine DID come with a convertible boot in the trunk and is still in the plastic. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'll be glad to help.

Bill

When I went to an auction in North Carolina in February 2008 which had over 50 2007 GTH converts to be auctioned, most also did have the soft boot in the trunk. So they should have it, however I imagine that many did 'disappear" over their rental lives. I'm sure Hertz pulled them from many of the cars and then never put them back, etc.

Shelbyauction002.jpg

Archived