TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby loaded on the train

KMCBOSS

Grabber,

Remember you said yours would beat mine do not try to hijack it!

Ilstang & Grabber you should not have hijacked this post and started your own?

Maybe someone should start a post for both of you and also the long lost Fireman who's car will be there soon too.

Come on' Fireman are you waiting for your car to show up before you post? I will keep yours under my fire hat until I get the ok from the Chief ok? :hysterical2::hysterical: :banana piano:

Grabber, I made a map for you but for some reason your car is not on map yet :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Ilstang, your car made corner of map but no movement for 6-7 days. (thats how long it takes train to get into high gear :hysterical: )

I appreciate all the great information. Called the dealer today and he said he just heard about the build date. I would not have know anything about how to check the progress without this board. Already told the dealer not to put on the front plate. Any other thing I should tell him?

I appreciate all the great information. Called the dealer today and he said he just heard about the build date. I would not have know anything about how to check the progress without this board. Already told the dealer not to put on the front plate. Any other thing I should tell him?

Depends on how anal you are. There is a 30 point checklist somewhere. :hysterical:

if you are a wacko like me tell him you want it in the wrapper. if they have to put antenna on to check radio functions tell them you want the package it came in and the shorty aluminum antenna the car comes with. then save everything

ask them if they know what a J10 is. If they do not know they have no business doing the PDI. :hysterical2::hysterical: Also important to these cars is tire pressure.

tire pressure at normal room temp is 35psi coupe and 32psi convert. If your car is in shop or came in from cold there is a chart they should use to get you the correct pressure in tires.

when you get car go over it with Mothers "Showtime" and clay bar kit. or run your hand over paint when you get it even after your dealer detail and you will feel paint feels rough with fallout/dirt. Claybar it prior to waxing it.

Make sure they give you your free fill up with 91octane or better. some dealers will sneak in 87 and thats what your computer will learn from.

Tell them you want a copy of DORA if you do not have one, a Color copy of MCO, copy of invoice (without dealer pricing blocked off) this is of course if you really car and plan on long term. Thats all the good stuff that will make car more desirealbe in years to come.

save all your paperwork give by dealer. I would also ask them to get you another copy of window sticker (Monroney) to keep.

Make sure they check hoses as my first two cars were fine but the one I picked up on Monday & dealer did PDI or said they did when I got home noticed antifreeze everywhere. which tells me they did not check it out. Not a bad idea to make sure all fluids are fine. inc trans and rear axle.

it appears they were not checked on my current car. first one I watched the tech and actually video'd him. he did a great job.

Do a very good inspection to look for damage and prior dmg/repairs. Do not expect perfection in fit and finish.

If you are just buying it to drive and enjoy and really do not care please ignore all the above.. :headspin:

make sure they check blinker fluid in right front turn indicator as known to be low when leaving factory, muffler brgs to just under max level the the Shaker 1000 suspension system is properly tuned :hysterical2:

if you are a wacko like me tell him you want it in the wrapper. if they have to put antenna on to check radio functions tell them you want the package it came in and the shorty aluminum antenna the car comes with. then save everything

ask them if they know what a J10 is. If they do not know they have no business doing the PDI. :hysterical2::hysterical: Also important to these cars is tire pressure.

tire pressure at normal room temp is 35psi coupe and 32psi convert. If your car is in shop or came in from cold there is a chart they should use to get you the correct pressure in tires.

when you get car go over it with Mothers "Showtime" and clay bar kit. or run your hand over paint when you get it even after your dealer detail and you will feel paint feels rough with fallout/dirt. Claybar it prior to waxing it.

Make sure they give you your free fill up with 91octane or better. some dealers will sneak in 87 and thats what your computer will learn from.

Tell them you want a copy of DORA if you do not have one, a Color copy of MCO, copy of invoice (without dealer pricing blocked off) this is of course if you really car and plan on long term. Thats all the good stuff that will make car more desirealbe in years to come.

save all your paperwork give by dealer. I would also ask them to get you another copy of window sticker (Monroney) to keep.

Make sure they check hoses as my first two cars were fine but the one I picked up on Monday & dealer did PDI or said they did when I got home noticed antifreeze everywhere. which tells me they did not check it out. Not a bad idea to make sure all fluids are fine. inc trans and rear axle.

it appears they were not checked on my current car. first one I watched the tech and actually video'd him. he did a great job.

Do a very good inspection to look for damage and prior dmg/repairs. Do not expect perfection in fit and finish.

If you are just buying it to drive and enjoy and really do not care please ignore all the above.. :headspin:

make sure they check blinker fluid in right front turn indicator as known to be low when leaving factory, muffler brgs to just under max level the the Shaker 1000 suspension system is properly tuned :hysterical2:

Mine is a small dealership and this is their only car this year what if they do not know how to do the tune?

Archived