TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I'm so glad I bought this car!

blueshawk

Now that we know Shelby won't be making any more affordable cars in the forseseeable future (announcement of the new GT 350) I feel very, very fortunate that I walked into the showroom 3 years ago this week and saw that 2007 black SGT sitting there. I knew I wanted it immediately and just had to negotiate the price down to my most bearable pain level. For the last three years, every time I get out of the car the first thing I do, as I'm walking away, is to turn around and say to my self "that is an awesome car".

I feel very lucky to have the car and will never sell it! I only wish I can convert it to a Shelby upgraded SGT/SC and have the stripes painted on sometime in the next few years.

I am with you, I actually am able to buy the GT-350 if I would like. Could have bought the GT500, Roush, or Saleen when i bought the Shelby GT. I chose the Shelby GT because I think it is the best looking Mustang of its time. Now that I have it as a registered Shelby GT/SC it is also arguably the best performer of its time. i could not stand the weight and the 4X4 look of the GT500. I loved the Roush, especially the off-road exhaust, but in the end to me it had to many added body parts and it was not a Shelby. Saleen never even got a test drive because of all the crap they were going through at the time.

Have to agree you will love the SC if you can get one, also the painted stripes will be in my future plans when my Stripes wear out.

Amen brother!

I have told the story of how I bought my SGT several times. . . my 2008 Shelby GT was sitting on the showroom floor with barricades and "do not touch" signs around it. I was in the market for a Mustang - had been shopping - didn't really know anything about the Shelby - saw a photo of a Blue Mustang with Silver stripes sitting in the showroom and knew immediately that was the car I wanted. I didn't really even think twice about the price difference between the stock Mustang GT and the Shelby GT.

I called the bank - got pre-approved over the phone - called the dealership - was told that there were 2 other parties working on financing, but that it was first come / first served as far as they were concerned. I had the bank fax them the paperwork showing pre-approval. I was in Cleveland, OH and the Shelby was in Minneapolis, MN and I wasn't going to be home for another week. I put $1000 down on the car and they agreed to hold it, leaving it on the showroom floor, until I got home to pick it up.

I drove the Shelby home from the dealership that evening. The thumbs ups from all walks of people - kids faces planted against windows - and the flat out appeal of this car are just beyond words. Every single time I drive it - I park it and walk away from it - I can't help but look back and think to myself "Damn I'm lucky I got that car"!! I asked the dealer to do a search. . . . at the time I bought it - my 2008 Shelby GT was 1 of 5 sold in the Minneapolis Metro area. I am sure those numbers are different now, but I rarely ever see a Shelby GT in my area. I feel like I have the only one and I love every minute of it!

I am SOOOoooo sick of Winter in Minnesota - it's time for the snow to go away and the Shelby to come out of hibernation!!

Trevor

Amen brother!

I have told the story of how I bought my SGT several times. . . my 2008 Shelby GT was sitting on the showroom floor with barricades and "do not touch" signs around it. I was in the market for a Mustang - had been shopping - didn't really know anything about the Shelby - saw a photo of a Blue Mustang with Silver stripes sitting in the showroom and knew immediately that was the car I wanted. I didn't really even think twice about the price difference between the stock Mustang GT and the Shelby GT.

I called the bank - got pre-approved over the phone - called the dealership - was told that there were 2 other parties working on financing, but that it was first come / first served as far as they were concerned. I had the bank fax them the paperwork showing pre-approval. I was in Cleveland, OH and the Shelby was in Minneapolis, MN and I wasn't going to be home for another week. I put $1000 down on the car and they agreed to hold it, leaving it on the showroom floor, until I got home to pick it up.

I drove the Shelby home from the dealership that evening. The thumbs ups from all walks of people - kids faces planted against windows - and the flat out appeal of this car are just beyond words. Every single time I drive it - I park it and walk away from it - I can't help but look back and think to myself "Damn I'm lucky I got that car"!! I asked the dealer to do a search. . . . at the time I bought it - my 2008 Shelby GT was 1 of 5 sold in the Minneapolis Metro area. I am sure those numbers are different now, but I rarely ever see a Shelby GT in my area. I feel like I have the only one and I love every minute of it!

I am SOOOoooo sick of Winter in Minnesota - it's time for the snow to go away and the Shelby to come out of hibernation!!

Trevor

Get outta there and come on down to Central Florida. Its been cold....for us here but the cars drive sooo nice!

Glenn

Same Deal I can't believe it is mine.. Every time I walk out to it, I cant believe my eyes. Just got my airbag cover back on Friday.. Man it looks cool.. COME ON SPRING !

I agree!!! These long sleeve tee-shirts are the pits. Come on spring! hysterical.gif

John

Heck yeah, this is one great ride, again, my tires suck with the cold weather but it's cool to drift it around corners though :hysterical:

TClark, you have one cool story there. I myself flew up to Alabama and drove mine back down to Miami with a huge grin.

Great stories, here is mine.. I was at my local dealer to look at and start talking numbers on a dark gray GT500 and they blew me off. Had a card hangin from the mirror stating dealer cost PLUS REBATES.. I asked about the rebates and was told basically I am an idiot cause there are no rebates on mustangs..after more chatter from him I left really pissed me off (this is not my first rodeo and although he was their expert he knew nothing about mustangs or Shelby's). I came home and found a blue Shelby GT in Wisconsin on auto trader that night. This blue Shelby GT is the car I wanted for years but could not afford when I first saw it and then could not find a new so I gave up. It was still in the showroom with like 30 miles on it mid 09. I called the owner at our local dealer and told him what happened and said, I will give you one last shot, hit me with your best price. He called back gave me an unacceptable price. I laughed and said that is the best you can do? He had the gall to come down $100 I laughed and told him TOO late. :talkhand: I called the bank did some negotiating on the phone with the Wisconsin dealer and Giddie UP!!!! The ride home to Illinois was awesome.. I would get ahead of the wife and take the off ramp, sit and wait till she was past and go rippin by her... :shift: Once home I couldn't resist, so I drove my Shelby into our local dealer 2 days later with a big grin and a guy stops me to chat. I said well I was in here to buy that one pointing at the gray GT500 but had issues. He said ohhh your name is Doug isnt it... LOL, it was the owner! He did say congrat's it is beautiful.. By the way I could not be happier and I saved $20K :happy feet: Last I checked they were still sitting on that car.. :hysterical3: Love my Baby Shelby

Great stories, here is mine.. I was at my local dealer to look at and start talking numbers on a dark gray GT500 and they blew me off. Had a card hangin from the mirror stating dealer cost PLUS REBATES.. I asked about the rebates and was told basically I am an idiot cause there are no rebates on mustangs..after more chatter from him I left really pissed me off (this is not my first rodeo and although he was their expert he knew nothing about mustangs or Shelby's). I came home and found a blue Shelby GT in Wisconsin on auto trader that night. This blue Shelby GT is the car I wanted for years but could not afford when I first saw it and then could not find a new so I gave up. It was still in the showroom with like 30 miles on it mid 09. I called the owner at our local dealer and told him what happened and said, I will give you one last shot, hit me with your best price. He called back gave me an unacceptable price. I laughed and said that is the best you can do? He had the gall to come down $100 I laughed and told him TOO late. :talkhand: I called the bank did some negotiating on the phone with the Wisconsin dealer and Giddie UP!!!! The ride home to Illinois was awesome.. I would get ahead of the wife and take the off ramp, sit and wait till she was past and go rippin by her... :shift: Once home I couldn't resist, so I drove my Shelby into our local dealer 2 days later with a big grin and a guy stops me to chat. I said well I was in here to buy that one pointing at the gray GT500 but had issues. He said ohhh your name is Doug isnt it... LOL, it was the owner! He did say congrat's it is beautiful.. By the way I could not be happier and I saved $20K :happy feet: Last I checked they were still sitting on that car.. :hysterical3: Love my Baby Shelby

GREAT STORY AND CONGRATS ON THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK

SHELBY AND OR MUSTANG EVER OFFERED. SOME DEALERS ARE COMPLETE

GREEDY IDIOTS AND CAN NOT GET OUT OF THEIR OWN WAY TO MAKE A SALE. MY

DADDY ONCE TOLD ME SOME 40 YEARS AGO " IT'S BETTER TO MAKE 2 NICKELS

THEN TO HOLD-OUT FOR ONE DIME.

SCOTTY

I also have to agree with your great purchase. I found a 2008 Shelby 500 last summer and just had to have it. Most beautiful car I have ever owned. I also had a 65 2+2 and a 69 mach 1, wish I had never traded them. But I do have a question about the dash plate. My Shelby dash plate numbers match my vin numbers and have not seen this on several shelbys, no one I know or talked to can tell me why . Would like to how rare this is. Thanks for any info.

Amen brother!

Trevor

I hear you brother. I'm about 250 miles south of you and it's been a long brutal winter in Iowa. It's been warmer hear the past few days, temps in the 30's. hopefuly we'll be driving our cars soon!

Now that we know Shelby won't be making any more affordable cars in the forseseeable future (announcement of the new GT 350) I feel very, very fortunate that I walked into the showroom 3 years ago this week and saw that 2007 black SGT sitting there. I knew I wanted it immediately and just had to negotiate the price down to my most bearable pain level. For the last three years, every time I get out of the car the first thing I do, as I'm walking away, is to turn around and say to my self "that is an awesome car".

I feel very lucky to have the car and will never sell it! I only wish I can convert it to a Shelby upgraded SGT/SC and have the stripes painted on sometime in the next few years.

x100. The Shelby GT followed the path of the original 1965 GT-350 so closely that it's hard not to make the connection. Both started life in a similar way, went to a Shelby facility for similar mods, had complaints about "rough riding", had complaints about the hoods (early Shelby hoods tended to warp and SGTs with the hood scoop issue), neither are the fastest cars made that year but both handle better than the higher horsepower muscle cars, and both have a tasteful looks. Both are great drivers, get a lot of attention. The new GT-350 is awesome and I would love to own one, but not at the expense of my SGT which I drive everywhere and is now set up exactly as I like it, AND I still get 24 mpg. So the SGT may not be called GT-350, but the bloodline is clearly there.

But I do have a question about the dash plate. My Shelby dash plate numbers match my vin numbers and have not seen this on several shelbys, no one I know or talked to can tell me why . Would like to how rare this is. Thanks for any info.

I'm pretty sure gt500's didn't come stock with dash plates. Sounds like an aftermarket job installed by the previous owner.

x100. The Shelby GT followed the path of the original 1965 GT-350 so closely that it's hard not to make the connection. Both started life in a similar way, went to a Shelby facility for similar mods, had complaints about "rough riding", had complaints about the hoods (early Shelby hoods tended to warp and SGTs with the hood scoop issue), neither are the fastest cars made that year but both handle better than the higher horsepower muscle cars, and both have a tasteful looks. Both are great drivers, get a lot of attention. The new GT-350 is awesome and I would love to own one, but not at the expense of my SGT which I drive everywhere and is now set up exactly as I like it, AND I still get 24 mpg. So the SGT may not be called GT-350, but the bloodline is clearly there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great points - The thing is '65 GT 350 and our Shelby GT's follows the lineage - We Know It - Shelby Knows It and if asked the new Shelby GT-350 should know it or we should educate them. Period!!! :hysterical:

I have a tale to tell also! First Shelby I looked at was a black GT500 with flat black stripes.

They had 63k wrote on the windshield. I dickered with the salesman for a while and got

it down to 57k! Not a pennie less he said so out the door I went.

The next stop I looked at a Vista 08 SGT. I dickered with the salesman and finally got a

good price, I felt, so I agreed to buy it and we shook hands. Made plans to be there and

pick it up first thing the next morning. I called the following morning and got in touch with

the salesman, he put me on hold and finally a guy claiming to be the owner of the lot

picked up the phone and told me he had to have 50k for the car! WHAT?!? WTF!!!!

They closed their doors about 3 months later!

The next stop they had a 2 '07 SGT's. White and black. The white one was an auto and I

wanted a manuel so I started asking about the black SGT. 43K on the black one was his

reply. I asked him " Do you want to sell the car today or do you want it to set there another

6 months?" He asked me what I would give and I wrote him a check and slid it to him. He

took the check to his sales manager and after about 45 minutes he came back with the

paperwork and I had me a Shelby! 23k less than the GT500 was offered to me!

Happy to say I am still very pleased with my SGT! Through all the crap, I found a diamond!

To quote my daughter .... The white one is nice, the blue one is pretty, but the black one is BAD!

Kevin

07SGT2591

To quote my daughter .... The white one is nice, the blue one is pretty, but the black one is BAD!

Kevin

07SGT2591

I just got an new Shelby banner from the Shelby Store. I got the one that has the three "black" Shelbys. The GT-H, the SGT and the GT500 all posing in the desert with the SGT in the middle.

Just plain BAD!

I have a tale to tell also! First Shelby I looked at was a black GT500 with flat black stripes.

They had 63k wrote on the windshield. I dickered with the salesman for a while and got

it down to 57k! Not a pennie less he said so out the door I went.

The next stop I looked at a Vista 08 SGT. I dickered with the salesman and finally got a

good price, I felt, so I agreed to buy it and we shook hands. Made plans to be there and

pick it up first thing the next morning. I called the following morning and got in touch with

the salesman, he put me on hold and finally a guy claiming to be the owner of the lot

picked up the phone and told me he had to have 50k for the car! WHAT?!? WTF!!!!

They closed their doors about 3 months later!

The next stop they had a 2 '07 SGT's. White and black. The white one was an auto and I

wanted a manuel so I started asking about the black SGT. 43K on the black one was his

reply. I asked him " Do you want to sell the car today or do you want it to set there another

6 months?" He asked me what I would give and I wrote him a check and slid it to him. He

took the check to his sales manager and after about 45 minutes he came back with the

paperwork and I had me a Shelby! 23k less than the GT500 was offered to me!

Happy to say I am still very pleased with my SGT! Through all the crap, I found a diamond!

Kevin

07SGT2591

Kevin, your daughter got the color thing ALL wrong. Blue= Sad, Black= like you sad bad!! and White= all that is good and great and wonderful and fast and........ What color SGT do you think I own ? (actually I did resort to buying ONE black car, a GTH. You know I'm kidding, right?? regards Larry

I feel very fortunate to own a Shelby GT, and I'm selfishly hopeful that ours are the first and last. I first fell in love w/ the car when I saw it on the cover of Automobile Magazine (I still have that issue). Then a few months later I was in my local Ford dealership for service on my Expedition when I saw one in the showroom and almost feel over backwards. At the time I was considering the purchase of a new BMW 325i or M3, but I couldn't resist the temptation of raw American Ford muscle that brought back memories of the cars I loved as a kid. The car in the showroom was listed as $60K, and I got them down to $42K but they wouldn't go a penny less, so I walked. I searched Ebay for a couple of weeks. I was a little torn between white and black but I knew white would be faster! I located one down on Long Island and took her out the door for a little less than $38K, so I was happy w/ that! In May I will have had it for 3 years and I still love the car like the first day. By the way - that car my local dealer wouldn't deal on was still on his lot 1.5 years later.....

oooh its 61 degrees and sunnyyyyyyyyyy

time to....spiteful.gifburnout.gif

yeah when i see the newer '10 mustangs with thier more streamlined front end looks i just think "blegh"dry.gif

and when i look at my '07 SGT with its more classic mustang lines i just think "BOOYAH!"rockon.gif i wouldnt trade it for any other shelby

Hi All,

If I have attached the pics correctly they share my purchase. The neastest thing about it is that when I left home my wife asked me to trade my gas guzzling Ford Lightening truck and I told her the only car I would trade that truck for was a shelby. Little did she know that is exactly what I had in mind as we drove out of the drive.

Like some I found the added dealer cost of the GT500 way out of line and while I could have purchased the car it simply pissed me off about the price increase they asked for on the GT500 cars so I passed on the GT500. The dealer said they had a 2007 GT that had just come in ( this was right at the time the 2008 SGT cars were arriving) and that they would allow me the ford rebate on the sticker price if I would trade right now and not think about it over night. ( you know the dealer pressure sales crap) I looked at my son (he is 17) he gave me that lets do it dad smile and I said lets deal. Travis (my son) took pictures of the car as I drove it off the show room floor. 13 miles on the car when i cranked it up. Since I have 11K, added the whipple with I/C, 410 gears that I love and other than that I have driven the car the way it should be driven and that is fast and hard. I too really like the feel and perfomance of the car and suspect that the next owner of this car will be my son in a few years. I would like to graduate up to a super snake one day but I am plenty happy with the SGT and the fact that it is the only new shelby mustang produced by ford, shipped to shelby for mods and then back to the dealership for sale to the public. (sa previously mentioned , the same as the GT350 cars were in 1965/66) That in it self may prove to be of the greatest value one day for those that hang on to these cars looking for the return value. Me, I'll drive the heck out of it, maintain and service the car like it is gold and then drive the heck out of it again. I'll let my son be concerned about the future prices.

I hope the pictures are attached okay, if not I may try again.

Thanks to all for sharing.

-Billy

post-23697-126782000719_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782002588_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782004164_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782006249_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782008264_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782000719_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782002588_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782004164_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782006249_thumb.jpg

post-23697-126782008264_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

If I have attached the pics correctly they share my purchase. The neastest thing about it is that when I left home my wife asked me to trade my gas guzzling Ford Lightening truck and I told her the only car I would trade that truck for was a shelby. Little did she know that is exactly what I had in mind as we drove out of the drive.

Like some I found the added dealer cost of the GT500 way out of line and while I could have purchased the car it simply pissed me off about the price increase they asked for on the GT500 cars so I passed on the GT500. The dealer said they had a 2007 GT that had just come in ( this was right at the time the 2008 SGT cars were arriving) and that they would allow me the ford rebate on the sticker price if I would trade right now and not think about it over night. ( you know the dealer pressure sales crap) I looked at my son (he is 17) he gave me that lets do it dad smile and I said lets deal. Travis (my son) took pictures of the car as I drove it off the show room floor. 13 miles on the car when i cranked it up. Since I have 11K, added the whipple with I/C, 410 gears that I love and other than that I have driven the car the way it should be driven and that is fast and hard. I too really like the feel and perfomance of the car and suspect that the next owner of this car will be my son in a few years. I would like to graduate up to a super snake one day but I am plenty happy with the SGT and the fact that it is the only new shelby mustang produced by ford, shipped to shelby for mods and then back to the dealership for sale to the public. (sa previously mentioned , the same as the GT350 cars were in 1965/66) That in it self may prove to be of the greatest value one day for those that hang on to these cars looking for the return value. Me, I'll drive the heck out of it, maintain and service the car like it is gold and then drive the heck out of it again. I'll let my son be concerned about the future prices.

I hope the pictures are attached okay, if not I may try again.

Thanks to all for sharing.

-Billy

She's beautyful. :cry:

oooh its 61 degrees and sunnyyyyyyyyyy

I move down to AR Sunday! Though the SGT will stay here in Chicago till sometime in April. Looking at the weather though I am soooooo tempted but can't see using it as my daily driver until I can ship the other cars down. :banghead:

I move down to AR Sunday! Though the SGT will stay here in Chicago till sometime in April. Looking at the weather though I am soooooo tempted but can't see using it as my daily driver until I can ship the other cars down. :banghead:

DON'T SWEET IT JEFF. IF YOU ARE HAVING WITHDRAWLS TO DRIVE I AM JUST 3 HRS

AWAY AND YOU CAN COME OVER AND I WILL LET YOU DRIVE MY GT500 VERT OR MY

GT/SC IF YOU LIKE. IT'S NO BIG DEAL THAT'S JUST HOW I ROLL. :hysterical:

SCOTTY

I just got an new Shelby banner from the Shelby Store. I got the one that has the three "black" Shelbys. The GT-H, the SGT and the GT500 all posing in the desert with the SGT in the middle.

Just plain BAD!

Nice to hear you like it. I am in process of ordering the same one. Made it that much easier.

Archived